Durban Lights Fluxed Plus Pure Kush

Mike Wright

420 Support
420 Staff
Strains: Durban Lights (NL x Durban Poison) and Pure Kush
Currently in Veg, Durban Lights are one month, Pure Kush new seedlings.
Started under 2x42w CFL, today switched to 360w MH.
Soilless medium - 50% Promix, 15% vermiculite, 15% perlite, 10% worm castings, 10% kelp meal, plus mineral dust and dolomitic lime.
Nutrients: Veg - DNF Gro Flower - GH Flora Nova Bloom

The DL girls have been vegging for a month all fluxed. Today I picked the best one and potted her into a 4 gallon. I uppotted the other 3 into 6 inch pots to keep as spares. The two Pure Kush girls sprouted are 3 days old from seed and looking strong.

Dec13DLFlux.jpg
Dec13Kush.jpg

Welcome King! In honour of your visit we have a little update. Added one of my TopLed 96x3 to the MH a couple of days ago. Temps are up, but you could instantly see the Pure Kush seedlings take off. Pictured are the Durban Lights flux girl, then the two Pure Kush seedlings one week old and my 3 backup flux plants which I will just flower in those little pots if I don't need them.

Dec18DLFlux.jpg

Dec18PK.jpg

Looking good :)
I think your getting to much spacing/stretch between the nodes. This is partly as you have the ends of the flux higher by quite a bit from the rest. Slowly over days and after a watering, lower the ends to get everything more parallel with each other.
This will drive growth more evenly :) if worried over splitting the flux wire up or bandage the main T point before adjustments. :)
Then just open the main ends up as frequently as is poss! :)

Nice to have you aboard Jack, I'll try not to disappoint. :)

LA, thanks. I thought I was trying to get a little growth going on, I'll even things out as soon as I get home, as well it's time for a pruning methinks.

:peace:

Pictured below are two shots of the main flux girl looking a little bushy. I'll trim her up tomorrow. Below that is my main backup flux plant. I think I will let some of the middle branches fill in on this one. Below that are the two Pure Kush at 3 weeks old - one is particularly vigorous. The soilless medium with a good nutrient mix really works wonders for early growth and I'll be sticking to this method from now on :thumb:

Jan1DLFlux1.jpg
Jan1DLFlux2.jpg
Jan1DLFlux3.jpg
Jan1PK1.jpg

Topped. Also put a humidifier in there, up from low 20's to high 30's so hopefully that will speed growth some. Found some thrips on one of the Kushies. Removed them all by hand, sprayed with Doc Doom, watered in some Mosquito dunks. I rotated some houseplants in over the holidays but they're all out now, gonna nip those nasties right in the bud.

Considered it but I have the dunks already and they are so easy to use and kill anything that pupates in the soil so....

Took out the metal halide tonight and replaced it with my second TopLED 96x3 in veg mode. Temps dropped 8 degrees to 74F and humidity increased 8 percent to 44 :)

Back
Top Bottom