One Pollen Shakin' PotChimp!

What strains are they?
(3) GDP x GDP regular (few haired pheno)
(3) GDP x GDP regular (moderate haired pheno)
(3) SLH x DJ Short Blueberry regular and,
(3) 818 Headband x GDP regular seeds.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Hybrids.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Started seeds germinating today.

If in Veg... For how long? N/A.

If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor.

Soil or Hydro? Soilless.

If soil... what is in your mix? SSM#4 Advanced.

If soil... What size pot? 4" at first, then I'll transplant upwards as needed to 2 gallon pots.

Size of lights?
-Seedling: 96 watt Fluorescent T5 fixture (4 two-foot bulbs), then to a 300 watt red spectrum CFL.
-Flowering: 400 watt Eye-Hortilux HPS with 250/400 Phantom digital ballast.

Is it aircooled? Flowering unit - 8" inline fan with air cooled reflector.

Temp of Room/cab? around 81.5 degrees F.

RH of Room/cab? 42%.

PH of media or res? Don't check.

Any Pests ? Gnats.

How often are you watering? I expect to water and feed alternately 2 times a week.

Type and strength of ferts used? To be determined; maybe a simple organic aerated manure tea.

These are all crosses I did myself. I did a few small grows of Ken's original Grand Daddy Purple when it first came out and did a breeding of two of the females with a good looking male (I've got a feeling from what I saw of that father so far this grow is going to be frost central). One female GDP looked like the one in the ad with very few hairs, and one looked like a moderately haired plant. I had a cutting (818 Headband) that I pollinated with that father and the two plants I've done of it looked great. I tried to grow the Super Lemon Haze (really frosty mother I grew for a while but lost) x DJ Short Blueberry (I bought 3 seeds of that strain and got all males, so I thought I'd pollinate a SLH clone to keep that venture from being a complete waste of money). Both seeds turned out males too. So I thought I'd try doing a full grow of the ones I want to look into again :) Post pics when they pop out of the soilless mix.

Note: Over a 3 day period I managed to get 3 of everything above popped. These GDP x GDP seeds are bigger than a normal seed and hard to get open. I actually had to slightly crack some of them open with a needlenose pliers to get a tail to come out. The SLH x Blueberry seeds were vigorous opening up; all of them within a 2 day period. The 818 Headband x GDP seeds were the only ones I planted only 3 of and they all opened. I did a small palmful of the other 3 crosses and I'll toss them in the trash as soon as I see the plants are all healthy. A few seeds have come above the soil so a pic will be coming soon.

Hey welcome Graytail and KingJohnC :) Of all these crosses, I haven't seen a female SLH x DJ Short Blueberry yet, so that's the one I'm looking the most forward to. I've gotten females of both GDP crosses, but had to cut their grow short due to grey mold. They both looked good up until that. And I've done this 818xGDP cross a few times before; I'll be taking a clone from my last pheno soon. They both looked great. There's no way I can have seen what that GDP father I used for all of them is capable of and think this is going to be a bad grow. I am strongly considering F2 for one (or both) of the GDP crosses, and maybe I'll put one 818xGDP cross in the pollination with it. That SLH was a really frosty plant, and I imagine the frost from this Blue Dream I'm smoking on came from the Blueberry in it, so a cross between them should be cool too :)

All 3 of the SLH x Blueberry seedlings look exactly alike:

0032000.JPG

Only one of the GDP x GDP (pheno with few calyx hairs) is up so far, even though it's a bit overwatered. I hope like Hell this one is a male:

0012111.JPG

:)

Hey welcome I'm not one of the best growers around but hopefully you can learn something here a lot of smart people come on these threads maybe I'll learn something too :)
All these seedlings are popped up, and I put an extra GDP x GDP (less hairs) in with one that didn't look as healthy. That way at least one in that pot will live. I didn't keep them under the (4) T5s for long; they're under the 300 watt CFL now due to changeovers in my units. As soon as I get room for one more plant under my 600 watt HPS, all 12 of these are going to be put under a 250 watt MH/HPS set at 18/6. I need the 300 watt CFL to grow out some Skunk #1 autos that I was sent by mistake (I ordered Skunk #1 regular seeds), so I can't go ahead with my original lighting plan. If I get time today I'll post pics; not much to see, though.

Note: All 12 of these plants are now under a 250 watt MH/HPS bulb set at 18/6. One of the GDP x GDP (less hairs) phenotypes isn't growing leaves out of between the cotylendons so it's probably a goner. Most of my 12 plant grows wind up 11 plant grows, it seems..... :straightface:
I'll get a pic up soon.

Hey thanks man and welcome here they are again after 2 weeks and 3 days of growing :)
The GDP x GDP seedlings (three less haired phenos and three more haired phenos) are all to the right, the SLH x DJ Short Blueberry seedlings are the front-to-back row next to them, and the 818 Headband x GDP seedlings are the front-to-back row on the left of this pic:

0022101.JPG

I really want to breed two of these GDP x GDPs out to f2 (and maybe all the way out) if I like what I see:

0032013.JPG

But to be honest, this cross is the one I'm looking the most forward to seeing. DJ Short's Blueberry is crossed with everything out there and the hybrids are good dope too :straightface: I've grown this SLH mom before, and she's no slouch either :)

0041886.JPG

The one GDP x GDP (less haired pheno) never grew the first leaves (or lost them) and is still a pair of cotylendons; doubt it's gonna pull out. Post more pics soon.

Note: I decided to go with the first feeding today because they looked a little light green. I went light with the amount for each one, and so I don't have to keep typing it here's what I'm going with (for now) -

1 gallon of RO water
15.2 ml of AN Iguana Grow
1 tsp of AN Sensi-Cal Mag mix
6 ml of Hygrozyme
19 ml of AN Organic B-1 (soon to be replaced with Thrive Alive B red bottle)
4 tsp of AN H-1
2 tsp of AN F-2
7.6 ml of AN Voodoo Juice
4 ml of micros
4 ml of sulfate of potash
4 ml of soil microbe activator

I used 1/2 of the gallon for all 12 plants. The one I was hoping would be a male didn't grow a second apical meristem (too small of a seedling) and it'll be dead soon. 11 left; we'll see how they do. Post more pics soon.

This should work out nicely, especially as far as timing goes. These are all gonna look like a plant in 10-12 days, so I'll flip the light schedule to 12/12. In another 10 days I'll see what the sex of each one is, so around 3 weeks from now the females will be ready to move to the 600 watt HPS flowering unit (that unit will be down to 2 plants by then). I'll take what parents I choose from this project (male and female GDP, female 818 Headband x GDP or clone of it) and put them into the unit that my CDDBX3 breeding project will be coming out of, which is going to be cleared right about then too.

Note: I watered these in today and they're stalled from the transplant; no worries they just do that for a few days. Once they start up again, I'll post some pics. I'm planning on going to 12/12 in 10 days and moving these under the 600 watt HPS to finish out in 3 weeks if things go good. I'm taking 2 GDPs to breed out from this and putting the best looking 818 Headband x GDP female in with them (I like all the phenos of that cross I've done so far except the way it grows and I think I can get it frostier too). Post pics soon.

I think I'm gonna try 3 pics and crop them longways up and down instead of sideways like this one to see if they post next to each other instead of one above the other (the latest pic of them all):

0041902.JPG

Here's one of the SLH x Blueberry plants:

0051792.JPG

GDP x GDP (more haired pheno):

0061582.JPG

GDP x GDP (less haired pheno):

0071483.JPG

818 Headband x GDP:

0081358.JPG

Back
Top Bottom