Atrain Indoor T5 Closet Grow - White Widow Auto - White Cheese Auto - Royal Haze Auto

20150102_2203031.jpg
20150102_2203091.jpg
20150102_2203201.jpg
Hello guys and gals, I am new to this site as well as new to growing. This is my first attempt at growing my own cannabis, I am indoors in a small closet in my basement where I have A low budget setup and figured I would start this journal for some advice along the way. I am currently on day 4 and I am growing all autos and starting them in the same 5gal pot they will be finished in and started with a miracle grow potting mix. I have 6 4ft t5 bulbs in my fixture 3 of which are 2700k and the others are 6500. I also have 6 cfl that will be added when the plants begin to get a little bigger. I have a fan running in the closet and all are on timers for 18/6 on the light...... I will add photos of the gals in order: royal queen white widow auto/ dinafem white cheese auto/ and royal haze auto... thanks for checking me out and all feedback is welcome especially when I get to the nutes I'm quite lost there is a lot of info out there.

Re: atrain's indoor t5 closet grow : white widow auto, white cheese auto, royal haze

20150103_141106.jpg
20150103_141153.jpg
20150103_141216.jpg
20150103_141241.jpg
20150103_141314.jpg
Ok I have figured out the pic problem (mostly) and here are a few more pics from day 5 and a little more info on my lighting.... as you can see this is my first run and it's low budget. I have a small closet with two large mirrors on each side of the plants and foil on the front and back walls. There is a 6 bulb 4ft florescent fixture hanging approximately 5 inches above tallest sprout with 3 t5 2700k and 3 t5 6500k 54w bulbs I also have 6 more cfl 55w bulbs I will be adding as soon as there is room when I raise the florescent fixture. These are split 3 veg and 3 bloom also.... thanks for keeping up all following and advice is more than welcome the sprouts in order in pics are white widow, white cheese, and royal haze

Re: atrain's indoor t5 closet grow : white widow auto, white cheese auto, royal haze

In case anyone is wondering or it was over looked the white widow is from royal queen seeds and seems to be a little behind the other two despite the same growing condition. The middle pic is a white cheese auto from dinafem and seems to be leading the way followed closely by the royal haze from royal queen as well

20150103_155118.jpg
Ok well I'm off work today and got bored I went out to the shop and came up with this contraption in front of my 5 gal containers. I had 3 shop lights I added splitters and placed the 6 55w cfl bulbs in them so as soon as I have to raise the hood up a few inches due to growth I'll be able to add app 330w of cfl side lighting to the t5 fixture above....

Ok were on day 6, I will be adding more pics later they are in the 6hr resting period now and I don't like to disturb that. A little more about this grow, I do not currently smoke and haunt in over 10 years due to job restrictions but my wife has recently decided she would like to try it to see if it helps with her military related medical problems so I found a few guys to get her some smoke but at 20 a gram in my location for the good stuff I would go broke trying to afford it so I have set out on this mission to produce her medicine myself... I know I have not posted temp and humidity or ph levels but I will as soon as I get another pay check and pick up the needed supplies.... thanks and any and all questions and feed back welcome... stay tuned for future post and pics

20150104_120321.jpg
20150104_120343.jpg
20150104_120356.jpg
Here's a few day 6 pics the ladies just woke up from a nap. The white widow is catching up to the royal haze but the white cheese from dinafem is still kicking but. They also got there first watering today. I was unable to check the water ph but I have a kit on the way and wife is gone to town now and will be returning with a rh and temp gauge

Re: Atrain Indoor T5 Closet Grow - White Widow Auto - White Cheese Auto - Royal Haze

20150104_163038.jpg
Ok she has returned and as you can see I'm glad she picked up a temp and rh monitor and she picked up a soil ph meter, I still need to pick up one for the water. when I first placed the monitor in my temp was running at about 96 so I modified my pots a bit for better circulation and opened the closet doors and also raised my fixture off the plants a little more. The temp stays between 88 and 90 during the light cycle and my soil ph level is app 6.5. I really have no other way to get the temp down during the light cycle with out major modification due to location. Any feed back on the temps and how it may effect growth? Also my humidity is app 40 percent, should I do something to bring this up a bit or since I'm running autos and veg will be short will it be ok to help fight against mold possibilities when flowering begins?

Re: Atrain Indoor T5 Closet Grow - White Widow Auto - White Cheese Auto - Royal Haze

20150105_132642-1.jpg
20150105_132654-1.jpg
20150105_132727-1.jpg
Ok were to day 7 now and I have a little more ventilation and my temp is running at 77 degrees with a rh of 41 percent and soil ph of 6.5 so I'm pretty excited that all my numbers seem to be in check for the time being and I'm just letting them grow and they are looking great to me even if it is my first shot... the royal queen white widow has hit a little growth spurt and caught up to the royal haze but the white cheese still looks amazing....any feedback or encouragement is more than welcome along with any constructive criticism and guidance

20150106_125658-1.jpg
20150106_125711-1.jpg
20150106_125726-1.jpg
Day 8, everything is still looking good temp holding at 78 degrees rh came down a little to 45 percent. The soil felt very dry like they could use a watering but I'm going to hold off til Tom so I don't over water. Other than that all is well and sprouts are growing like crazy. Any and all feed back ideas or critiques or general words of encouragement welcome.... thanks fellow growers.

Hello guys.... more info and updates with pics coming Tom but I'm starting to feel a little alone on this lol... anyone who might be checking in on this grow with me please sub and join in this is my first grow and all the advice and general interest is more than welcome.... thanks and happy growing

20150107_122630-1.jpg
20150107_122719-1.jpg
20150107_122739-1.jpg
Ok here we go on day 9. Temps range from 72 to 80 during lights on and off period. Soil ph is about 6.8 (still waiting on water ph meter). I thought they would need water today but they show no signs of leaves curling and when I put finger in buckets I could feel moisture about 2 in deep so ima let it ride I'm scared to death of root rot and over watering. Rh is staying between 40 and 45 percent. All seems to look well with them. The white cheese is exploding with growth and the other 2 are lagging a bit but look healthy and they all have the same condition so I'm really not worried. Please subscribe and add anything you like to this grow I'll need all the help I can get thanks and happy growing

You won't really need the side lighting until , well until you have some sides. Right now your little girls are getting full lighting from the tubes. Of course it won't hurt (besides the unnecessary heat) but it won't help much when the plants are being so drenched in light Now. once they get 5" tall the extra light would be more useful in my opinion..

Your off to a good start your seedlings look healthy , although the little girls would be happier if the lights on temp was around 70 to 75F

You will want your fan to exhaust the warm air out from the plants / lights , and have a small fan that passes a gently breeze over the girls. So two fans should be used the bigger one for exhausting the heat away and the lower output one to give the girls some air movement , use at least two fans or more according to the size of fans and eventual green area.

Your showing great judgment with the watering , keep up the good work !

Thanks man I really appreciate the feed back I'm going to kill the side lighting for now to see how it affects the temp... I only have one large fan at the moment I will check into adding the small and using the top just for exhaust. Thanks for the feedback it is good to actually have someone to converse with and any suggestions you have along the way feel free to throw them out there bc right now the only knowledge I have is the hrs of reading forums and watching you tube.

In case anyone is wondering.... obviously this is a low budget setup for the first grow. I will be making improvements and upgrades along the way and before next run. But this is what I have in it so far.
6 ho t5 bulbs = $45
6 23w 6500k cfl = $15
3 54w 2700k cfl = $30
Seeds = $35
Soil = $12
Total = $137 so far
Everything else was scavenged and put together from things I already had.

Day 10, side lighting was removed yesterday temp is running @ 76 for the time being, rh is @ 40 percent soil ph @ 7. They still were showing no signs of under watering but I could feel no moisture at all even I little over finger deep so I watered all three girls today.the middle one is the white cheese and I'm amazed every day by the growth the other two are a little slower but all growth looks healthy so maybe they will be late bloomers. I do have nutrient questions if anyone can help that would be awesome.... well I think I f'ed up now that I'm reading I planted these in miracle grow potting soil. I know it has time release fert and is very high in nitrogen and may cause problems in the flowering stage. Do I need to try and feed at all in flowering stage? If so what are the suggestions? I was thinking maybe fert with hi P an 0 N and start with very small amounts do see how they take it at first any and all suggestions welcome thanks.

Back
Top Bottom