SmokerJoe's 3rd Journal Featuring Unique 42/6 Light Cycle

SmokerJoe

Hey everyone just getting everything set up feel free to subscribe or leave a comment. If you are new to the site or to my journals then welcome. The rules here are simple keep it fun and keep it informative. My previous journal links are located in my signature underneath all of my posts. If you are looking for real good tips for beginners then thats a pretty good place to start. In my second journal you will find information once you are past the beginner stage . You will find my 42/6 light cycle there with pictures along the way to detail this unique light cycle and how it has added yield to my plants and a smile to my face.

So stay awhile if you have any questions please feel free to ask here and I will answer or private message me and ask. If you ask through private message I wont write who asked the question just the question and answer because someone else may have that same question. Plenty of good vibes and warm thoughts my friends. See you soon

re: Smokerjoes 3rd Journal Featuring Unique 42/6 Light Cycle

DSCN17104.JPG
DSCN17115.JPG
DSCN17126.JPG
DSCN17136.JPG
DSCN17145.JPG
DSCN17156.JPG
DSCN17167.JPG

:popcorn:

These plants are Northern Lights,Phulbani x Northern lights, Mystery seeds from last journals mystery plant as well as another mystery variety(Jamaican?). This is the second journal with my 42/6 light cycle but third journal on this site overall. The plants range from 1 day old up to 1 week old and they are in vegetative stage. I will be mainlining again as I did in my last journal but this time I will mainline all of the plants.

The soil is reused from my last grow. It is fox farm ocean forest mixed with fox farm happy frog, pro organic mix with microhizae as well as perlite and coffee grounds.

In your opoinion how many times can soil be reused & still be rich Joe?

In your opoinion how many times can soil be reused & still be rich Joe?

That would depend on how long it was used the grow prior as well as what was in the soil to begin with. Id say 3 but the steps are similar in regards to cleaning and sanitizing. I also try to sift out most of the roots but there are enzymes that convert those into food for the plants but I just didnt have the funds and couldnt afford to wait since I need to finish this grow and 1 more before august

Hello Cronich thank you for showing up.

no worries man glad to be here for the ride :thumb:

A lot of the high brix growers recycle their soil by mulching in the leaves and waste from the last crop adding some more worm castings and letting it compost for a month or so. I have enough soil that I can let each batch rest for a full cycle before it gets used again. From what I have read after 4 or so runs it starts to fall off but gets better each run until then. I have no idea if this would work in regular soil but I don't see why not as long as you have some microbes in there to break down the material.

Subbed, lookin good joe :)

:popcorn::nomo::popcorn::passitleft:

Looking good Joe :thumb: I used to re-use my soil all the time, I only ran 2 or 3 plants at a time & had in effect two batches of soil, one in use & one left cooking in a bag. :)

Hello Nematode and Snax. Welcome. Of course I dont mind at all feel free to ask any questions. I will stop by and subscribe to your journal as well if you would like but if you have questions I do prefer you to ask them here as well in case any others may be having the problem you are. I like to help as many as I can as quickly as I can.

Nematode why are you in antigua? Vacation or work I assume

Hey everyone hope you are all healthy and happy. So far 2 of the plants have been started down the mainline path in that I made the first cut. The plant have been topped just above the third node and those new mains are already growing very well. Today was their first bit of added nutrients. A small amount of calmag as well as a small amount of trace minerals. When giving plants initial nutrients it may be tempting to give them a good amount right off the bat but this is mainly a trial expedition to see how the plant responds and so at this stage of growth less is more. Once the new mains grow another node or 2 then the nutrients will be increased slightly again as well as adding into the mix some fox farm grow big. Once a third plant has grown enough to be mainlined then I will post new pictures then. So far there are 7 plants and since none of the other seeds decided to sprout my instinct is that they probably wont and so I can either lay down more seed or just go with the 7. I will probably just stick with what I have and hope at least another 2 or 3 spring up but if not thats fine because it gives the others a bigger share of the light and more room to stretch out width wise. So thats it for now. Everyone have a great day and see everyone soon.

Hello Nematode and Snax. Welcome. Of course I dont mind at all feel free to ask any questions. I will stop by and subscribe to your journal as well if you would like but if you have questions I do prefer you to ask them here as well in case any others may be having the problem you are. I like to help as many as I can as quickly as I can.

Nematode why are you in antigua? Vacation or work I assume

Hey smoker..... Yeah we here for pleasure.....got married here earlier in the week.....tell u what got a couple bags over here.....not to good. Can't wait to get home....lol.

Back
Top Bottom