DarkGreenGoo's - Northern Light Blue - Coco - Mainline/Fluxing

DarkGreenGoo

DarkGreenGoo's
Northern Light Blue Journal​

OVERVIEW

Back again for my second grow here on 420. I had a lot of fun doing my first journal here, and decided to stick around for another.

This time around we will be growing two Northern Light Blue plants, in 3 gallon buckets of Coco and Perlite under a PlatinumLED P450.

The focus of my last journal was growing two plants in a small space under LED lights. My focus of this one is maximizing the potential of these lights by plant training.

FEEDING

The plants will be fed H3AD's formula. What that formula consists of is

- 6ML of General Hydroponics Flora Micro per gallon.
- 9ML General Hydroponics Flora Bloom Per gallon.
- 1g Epsom Salts per gallon.

It is an amazing formula I feel more people should use. It grows amazing plants, with only two nutrients. It is simple, works for thousands of people and was created specifically for Coco. I may add some Liquid KoolBloom in flower, but I doubt it and it is not really needed.

TRAINING

I decided to give mainlinging or fluxing a try because I felt it would work perfectly with LED's. LED's are fantastic when you train your plants and reduce the amount of penetration needed.

Last grow, I didn't train my plants very much, and they still produced very well under my lights. This grow, I have decided to train the hell out of both plants, and really see what we can accomplish with a simple setup.

Mainlining is a technique where with strategic topping and LST'ing, you create a plant of only colas that are all even in size, height and weight.

I won't go into explaining the method in detail. Simply google "Cannabis mainlining". Click on the first link which should direct you to a site named "------------". This site explains everything in fantastic detail.

This journal has started right after the first topping "or step one". I did not manage to get a picture of the plant before I started mainlining it. Just realize about 80 percent of it is gone. It is probably the most stressful thing you can do to a plant at that point in it's life.

POSSIBLE ADDITIONS

I am interested in seeing what PlatinumLED comes up with for their next design. I may be switching from my P450 to one of their newer designs depending on what is happening with it.

Another possibility is I may end up adding my P300 in with my P450 when I begin to flower.

-------------------

TENT - 2'7" X 2'7" X 5'3"
BUCKET SIZE - 2 X 3 pots.
MEDIUM - 80 percent Canna Coco, 20 percent Perlite.
LIGHTING - PlatinumLED P450
VENTILATION - 6" Inline Ducting Fan With fan Control.
NUTRIENTS - H3AD's Formula - 6ML Flora Micro, 9ML Flora Bloom, 1G Epsom Salt per gallon.
AIR MOVEMENT - Small clip on fan.
EXTRA - Built a base for the pots so they can drain down into a pan for easy water disposal.
ODOR CONTROL - 6" Carbon Filter.
METERS - HM Digital PH Meter (with electronic calibration and replaceable probe), EZ Digital TDS Meter 0.5 scale

-------------------

A few photos just after doing the first topping and cleanup of the plant. Just over a month old here (will have exact dates later). Let it grow six nodes, then chopped it at the third. Took everything off below the third node, and tied down what was left. I also left two fan leaves that were on the third node, but will remove them when the plant has strengthened.

hJM3clSdvaKO.jpg
c4b3X0_RryTQ.jpg
XW67_LbXOJGr.jpg
WC1Cs-BMw_9s.jpg
EDIQ3EFBJtNM.jpg
0gVwDCmvMNm_.jpg

Re: DarkGreenGoo's - Northern Light Blue - PlatinumLED P450 - Coco - MAINLINE / FLUXI

Looking forward to following the progress of this grow.

Thanks for checking it out everyone. I am very interested to see how mainlining works out. Looking like another four or so weeks of veg for the final two toppings.

I only plan for 8 colas per plant. So I will do a total of three toppings. The next one should be in a week or so, and the one after the following week.

If everything works out I should have 16 colas in my tent of equal size, weight and height. No larf at all as well.

I am so glad I found this site & thread. Just started an indoor collective garden, and am seriously interested in LED performance. I sowed bag seed back in November, & while we are getting growth, no gender ID yet. Getting some discoloration in the foliage. As soon as I figure it out, I'll start a journal for this first grow. Never grew indoors before. For sure, it is a whole new world.

Subbed :)
I just want to state the ML and fluxing are different techniques! I adapted fluxing from ML for sure, yet fluxing has far more HST as well as LST than ML. You only top a flux 3 times and that stays the same even if you had 40 limbs.
Sorry to jump in like this lol, its just the fluxing/ML comparison was done when I first came up with fluxing and it was discussed in detail by others on here and the consensus was that fluxing stands as a separate method to ML! :)

Sorry and hope you dont mind me posting the above, anyway best of luck with your ML grow :)

Subbd. This Is Gonna Be Good!
I may use this style for my next grow.
:popcorn:

Subbed :)
I just want to state the ML and fluxing are different techniques! I adapted fluxing from ML for sure, yet fluxing has far more HST as well as LST than ML. You only top a flux 3 times and that stays the same even if you had 40 limbs.
Sorry to jump in like this lol, its just the fluxing/ML comparison was done when I first came up with fluxing and it was discussed in detail by others on here and the consensus was that fluxing stands as a separate method to ML! :)

Sorry and hope you dont mind me posting the above, anyway best of luck with your ML grow :)

Sorry about that. Other sites I have posted at have been calling it fluxing for a couple years now. I did not know a separate technique used the name (What you do I always called Manifolding, but I will now call it fluxing).

Thanks everyone for subscribing and checking out the journal. So far the plant is rebounding fantastic.

I fed them each a gallon last night, after four days without feeding. It still produced a decent amount of runoff.

I should be yielding more then last round simply due to the training of the plants. The savings I will make in nutrients and water compared to my last grow will be significant. Having them in 3 gallon pots with proper drainage (over 5 gallon hempy) I can tell was the correct decision.

I have decided to top at the first node on each side, instead of the third on each side. This should keep the width of the canopy smaller. After some more growth I will top them again, and wait for a couple weeks for the final topping.

Sadly I have some bad news.

Last night, I went to top the plant. I opened the tent and I saw a thrip, or a small bug that looked like one (I never have bugs ever). It was crawling across the stem of the plant on the right.

It ran under a leaf, and I hit the leaf. It fell into the coco. I pinched it between my fingers and tossed it away. I am pretty sure I got it, but I may have missed and it could have gotten away.

I topped the plant for the second time (bit early) after. There is very little plant for thrips to live on right now. I am hoping it was just one. I have not seen anymore and the plant is under 24/7 light.

I use the paper towel trick! I simply use a few layers of paper towels fitted roughly around the stem, covering the top of all you medium. Then spray the towels with bug spray and push down to fit and form a simple barrier. Then just spray to keep it damp, it breaks the cycle etc :)

I will give it a shot.

I normally just put a 1" layer of Perlite to help prevent pests. I will try out the paper towel trick.

Have not seen any since, and the leaves don't seem to be getting damaged anymore then they are.

Plant is growing pretty well, all four new tops are beginning to really start to grow.

Back
Top Bottom