Catman's I Hate Winter LED Auto Grow

Catman12

Welcome

I am not happy with winter under any circumstances, anhedonia abounds, and so I have little hope that this will be a *cheerful* journal. You could laugh along with me in 420 style [best on-line community-ever] and consider this an Eeyore Runs Autos journal. Or you can run while you still have a chance LOL. :peace:

This is my third indoor (i.e. inside the office closet) grow. Not ideal, but OK conditions.

Both 2 previous grows I’ve had so far have had malfunctions of some kind, but I have been given more than enough meds from each try and so figured why the hell not push my least favorite seeds into the dirt and be grateful for whatever happens next.

I wasn’t gonna do another journal, but I wanted to just put this here on 420 to * Advocate for free and legal home cultivation by average [LOL whatever] Untitled States Citizens across all 50 states. *

I live in a State that was 4 degrees Fahrenheit when I woke up this morning. I was ambivalent about a winter grow due to cold and low humidity, but I missed checking the closet after work and puttering with the plants. Also, I have had both physical and mental benefits from having weed around so I want to keep this up. Terrible closet location on an outside wall during winter. Condo on a hill with horizontal winds. Other times this closet location is an advantage stink-wise! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I also live in a State that where cannabis has been decriminalized since the 70’s. Possession and cultivation of up to 100 gms are both misdemeanors with a penalty of $150 fine and a possible 30 days drivers license suspension.

No jail. :rollit:

Now there’s a horrible ballot initiative growing in this State that pisses me off. It’s bad because it proposes to sanction only up to 10 pre-contracted “Growers/Vendors” in the state. Everything else including home cultivation would be illegal. Also, it’s the vendors that are paying to push this to ballot on our off year this November. I hate this State so hard. We’ve always screwed up good things like this. :icon_roll

On With the Grow:

Closet:

P_C_11_.jpg

P_C_20_.jpg

Seeds:

These 2 plants are currently just hit the 3 week mark above soil. I’m growing 2 automatic strains. I let the seeds soak for about 24 hrs in warm water in the dark and then pushed them into their respective 3 gal pots.

I named the first one CC - she is a freebie:

Cream of the Crop – “Cash Crop”

To create this “auto money-maker” the N.L male that fathered Pretty Lights was crossed with an auto Big Bud that displayed and maintained the biggest yielding phenotype. The result is a plant that boasts gigantic, super-size yields with minimal effort. She looks a million dollars when in full-flower, is easy to manage and very productive; so much so that the weight of her dense buds will need support towards cropping time. These compact emerald-green nugs shimmer with a golden dust, have a sweet, earthy-skunk taste and harbour a powerful cerebral high making her well worth an investment….

•Genetics: Northern .Lights x Big Bud x Ruderalis
•Genotype: Mainly Indica
•Suitable for: Indoor/Outdoor
•Yield: Approx 550g/m2 Indoor & 70g/plant Outdoor
•Seed to flower: Approx 70 days
•Mould/Pest resistance: Very High
•THC: 22%

The second plant I named Penny is the last of the three Pineapple Express seed I bought with my order. This was the only one to sprout.

Barney’s Farm – “Pineapple Express”

A fast and vigorous auto- flowering cultivar of the Pineapple Chunk. Produces an impressive 80 to 100 grams per plant of delicious earthy Indica. Bud aromas are sweet, with an intense Pineapple flavor. Effect. -Body-relaxing, stress reducing calmness.

Type: Indica
Yield: 60-100gr
Height: 60cm
Flower time: 65-75 days from seed
Harvest time: auto flowering
THC: 12-14%
CBD: high
Genetics: Pineapple Chunk X Auto

I’m not so sure about either of these. But I can tell them apart and they don’t seem too bad off yet.

Lights:

One Advanced LED DS100 - 100w (50) 3w High Output LEDs (single chip) size with 2.5ft x 3ft coverage

One old version TopLED Mars Hydro reflector series (2' x 2')

I’m running a 20/4 light cycle with the lights off during the warmest part of the day [noon to 4pm]. I’d consider a longer lights off period, but right now I need the lights for warmth.

Medium:

Is Fox Farm Happy Frog soil with added perlite mixed in. This time I rinsed the perlite before adding it to the soil. It’s probably about 2/3 soil to 1/3 perlite. Also, The LED’s don’t dry the soil out as quickly – I have barely been watering and the soil remains damp upwards of a week. I water around the rim until just run-off.

Temperature and RH: Vary too much. With effort I can make it stay between 72 and 82 F with RH BTW 32 [yikes] and 68. Now that these plants have grown more the RH seems to be stabilizing BTW 47 and 62

No nutrients yet

Photos of the past three weeks:

Week one:

Honestly not sure which is which in these shots:

sprouts_15_.jpg

sprouts_2_.jpg

sprouts_4_.jpg

sprouts_5_.jpg

sprouts_6_.jpg

Week Two:

Penny the Pineapple Express:

WK2_14_.jpg

CC the "cash crop"

WK2_3_1.jpg

Week Three:

CC got her tips bleached at 17 in. Moved her under the high hanging Mars Hydro - about 26 in from her top.

WK3_CC_1_.jpg

WK3_CC_4_.jpg

WK3_CC_2_.jpg

WK3_CC_3_.jpg

Penny seems to be moving along OK. She's under the Advanced LED at about 21 in right now

WK3_PE_40_.jpg

WK3_PE_53_.jpg

WK3_PE_42_.jpg

Purple Closet Today:

WK3_70_.jpg

WK3_69_.jpg

WK3_68_.jpg

WK3_67_.jpg

Hope all out in :420: Have Green Grows this Winter - Keep Warm :cheer:

Hi Catman, I'll be dropping in periodically as well. Hoping for success in battling the winter conditions and am looking forward to another pair of good yielders. Good luck!

Present and accounted for!!!

Great! psyched to see a new journal from you brother!! right on!

speaking of portable vapes the storts and bickle one same manufacturer of volcano makes a portable that hits like their volcano
expensive as you would expect from them tho which makes it a hard purchase
Vape on :thumb:

speaking of portable vapes the storts and bickle one same manufacturer of volcano makes a portable that hits like their volcano
expensive as you would expect from them tho which makes it a hard purchase
Vape on :thumb:

Hey Chronic I just looked that up. Says it's called the 'plenty" and it is crazy looking. Almost looks like the bicycle pump I had as a kid. I'd pay the money to get something quality. I'm trying to get some quality things across the board B4 I retire and am indigent not just poor. I'm lucky all I got is me so I can wast my money LOLOL

Vape on my friend

:thumb:

Catman!

Glad you have another journal going. Magic and I were talking the other day about how we miss your journaling, so this was a nice find!

:cheer:

Thanks for dropping in SweetLeef! Good to see you and Ms Magic! I'm not happy about the winter - Ice today - But the ladies don't seem to care about the ice. They have their lights. One, CC, looks like she might like some CalMag next watering.

Cross your fingers for me!

:cheer:

Back
Top Bottom