First Grow - Soil - Auto Blueberry DP & Auto AK Blimburn

AntonioOrtiz

Started this journal a little late. Started from
Seed and I am currently at 17 and 14 days from sprout.

Strains- auto blueberry by Dutch passion and auto ak by blimburn
Stage- both are in veg bb is 17 days old and ak is 14 days
Indoor/outdoor- indoor
Medium- soil (ocean forest mixed with 420 light)
Pots- 3 gallon planstic pots
Light- 8000l t5 (wk 1 and 2)/400w MH (wk 3-5??)/ 400w HPS
-400ws in full aircooled hood with 6 inch duct and extractor fan
Temp- ranges from 74 to 84 night/day
RH-ranges from 20 to 45 ( hard to keep up with fan running)
Ph- around 7
Pests- none so far!
Watering- every 3 to 4 days
Nutrients- westcoast horticulture organic(started micro and grow at beginnging of week three)

I will be posting photos all throughout the grow. Remember, this is my first grow If anyone wether you are a new grower or pro please let me hear your feedback. I will def be posting questions and concerns. Anybody with tips, pointers, constructive criticism, things im not doing I should be doing, id be glad to hear you out

image18808.jpg
image18807.jpg

re: First Grow - Soil - Auto Bueberry DP & Auto AK Blimburn

Have been a little sketchy about watering. Up until now I think I been doing a pretty good job. I've read that it is tough with such a small plant in a big pot. I started out using a mist bottle and table spoon. The reason I've been so sketch about it is because ever since I moistened fully the first time it really hasn't COMPLETLY dried out at the bottom. I could stick my finger in through drainage and always feel moisture. Makes me wonder how much oxygen roots are actually receiving. I guess the question is how else should i determine when to water?? Also, how much( with hold old each plant is) water should each be receiving in three gallon pots?

My autos are still seedlings so I give them about 1/3 cup of water to each at most. Your plants look like they can drink 1/2cup to 3/4 of water. But I will recommend to water when you feel your pot is light in weight.

And thank you too...We are here to learn from each other and you're actually two weeks ahead of me
Cheers to our autos :thumb: :420: :thumb:

Subbed :)
OK with MJ less is so often more with watering. In veg your roots are wanting to expand so we want the medium to dry out well in between waterings. This promotes the roots to reach out to find moisture. So even though the amount of water is important so is the placement of it when feeding. I start at the base of plant when tiny, then when at your size of girl I'm only watering around the edge of the pot!
Your early soaking may have given you to much moisture held in your medium. One easy way to help this etc would be to use some chopsticks to insert through bottom drain holes and agitate airate the bottom of your soil gently!
Your girls look healthy though so your not going far wrong at all!
Best of luck and holla at me anytime :)

I commented in your other thread about water, but Light Addict took care of it here... I'm glad mostly what I said in that other thread agrees with what LA said. And that was before I read what he says here. Good luck, you've got good people lurking. Slow and steady.

Thanks guys that really helps. Those of you also growing autos. Are you doing any LST? I've thought about it because although they are small plants in nature I want to get the most out of them. If yes how are you going about it??

There are some that do. I just finished my first round of them and I might have slowed one of mine down messing with it too much. Still, I got 32g so I was happy. But, they have a short life and not much time built in for repair. So, tread lightly. My recommendation would be to leave it alone the first time, next run play a bit.

But, of course I couldn't do that so I'm just preaching....

Candy kush. I like it, only a small sample, but I like. The second one that I grew might be 50g... been hanging since Sunday so tonight I'll get my first measurements on weight. Those auto dint take long to dry, or a small one didn't. Curing is what it is....

Good luck, lots of info here,, just gotta read,, or ask ;)

So I'm on day 18 now and I can see preflowers. Still running the 400w MH on an 18/6 light schedule. I am also stil using grow nutrients and I planned on doin so atleast two more times(feeding every other week, water in between). Have read the right thing to do is continue with grow nutrients atleast till week 5 or 6 before switching to bloom. Question is when should I switch the MH bulb out with the HPS???

Just gave second feeding lastnight. We are at 25 days for blueberry and 23 for ak. I noticed right after watering and feeding the bBy the leaves drooped. Assuming this was normal I figured they would be back up by today but they haven't. It doesn't really look like underwater or over water. I'm jus not sure lookin some input. Or maybe it's fine

Just gave second feeding lastnight. We are at 25 days for blueberry and 23 for ak. I noticed right after watering and feeding the bb the leaves drooped. Assuming this was normal I figured they would be back up by today but they haven't. It doesn't really look like underwater or over water. I'm jus not sure lookin some input. Or maybe it's fine
image19306.jpg

Thanks man I was thinkin the same. Jus picked some up today. We're at day 32 for the blueberry and I believe day 29 for ak plants have really been growin nicely. The LST on the ak is a little goofy but I realize I didn't have the branch held down long enough. But it looks good those shoots are def gettin more light. being 4 and a half weeks should I still be expecting anymore growth? It has slowed at this particular moment, but I wasn't planning on switching to bloom nutes for atleast another week Right now I'm watering/feeding about every 3 to 4 days (organic nute).
image19680.jpg
image19306.jpg

Back
Top Bottom