Mr Am4zin 's 1st Effort - Small Stealth Cabinet - 300W LED

Good evening to the fine people here at :420: and welcome to my first grow/journal.

I am a well researched newbie to growing having never grown before and am growing (hopefully) to supply myself with the good herb we all love.

I was given a set of small requests for the good lady I had to adhere to if I was to get my fingers green, it had to be small, quiet, have no smell, contain no more than 2 plants and most of all not expensive Set up and run.
So I convinced her to chuck out the freezer that we didn't use and let me use that space, stating that it can't cost that much more money to power a grow box than an empty freezer that didn't seal properly and wouldn't make anymore noise.

I built the box from 25mm ply (Measures 800mm tall x 600x600) painted white on the inside. 4" carbon filter with in-line fan, 300w full spectrum LED light panel and a small usb powered fan for air circulation.

DSC_012222.JPG

DSC_000872.JPG

DSC_009525.JPG

Yesterday my girls arrived :circle-of-love:

2 Cheese clones from a very good and experienced friend.

Here is mags
DSC_012125.JPG

Here is Joy
DSC_011820.JPG

gave them a good drink with good old English tap that had been left standing for 24 hours before using As they were very dry and now there under the light an an 18/6

Any hints and tips will be welcomed and thanks for reading

Week 2 update

Girls are still going strong, they grow so quick. They have been on a mix of English tap, bottled spring water and water from my aquarium this week, ph meter still hasn't arrived yet so I'm still flying blind on that one. I do have a ppm meter and I'm keeping that below 300ppm for now. Gonna keep them on my aquarium water with some fishy poo in there for good measure and some worm castings from the garden until I flip them into flower. Will then be using some fox farm notes that I'm waiting for.

Mags

DSC_017315.JPG

She is the smaller if the 2, new growth is looking nice and the spots on her lower fan leaves hasn't got any worse since they arrived.

Joy
DSC_016212.JPG

Joy was topped yesterday. She is growing so fast, all new growth looks good, her lower fan leaves did curl under midweek when I lowered the light to 8" so I moved it back up again and all has been well since.

DSC_018517.JPG

Temps have been pretty steady 28c/82f With lights on and 18c/64f with lights off. RH sites at aapprox 40%. They are going into bigger pots later as joys roots can be seen through the drain holes. I'll post some more pics when it's done, gotta wait till they wake up.

Perfect combo, top gear and weed lol. Looks good, have you noticed any odors from your plants in that stage? What are you using for ventilation and odor control?

Short update

I don't know if anyone is following but I'll keep going anyway.

Did some training on the girls tonight, gotta keep them short as I'm low on hight. They seem to be growing really quick, gained about half inch last night. Not had any water since they went into bigger pots, will probably need it tomorrow, they will get a nice drink of poo filled water from my fish tank, I'm only gonna feed bought nutrients when I flip them into flower.

Now some pics

Mags
DSC_021313.JPG

Joy
DSC_021214.JPG

Both girls together
DSC_021413.JPG

As always, any comments are always welcome
Peace out people

Buy some yellow bug catchers (whaterver they are called), they cost few bucks and working great, other than that, good work so far, your plants look healthy. And you can use chicken shit in flower.

I used Neem oil to prevent bugs in my tent, I sprayed a solution on the plants a few times in veg and never saw a bug on the plants at all. It's a great preventative measure against anything that will eat the plant. How often are you watering now?

Buy some yellow bug catchers (whaterver they are called), they cost few bucks and working great, other than that, good work so far, your plants look healthy. And you can use chicken shit in flower.

Good call, I've got some of them in drawer somewhere. As for the chicken shit, my buddy up the road keeps chickens so there will be a steady suppl, just need to research how and how much to use. Thanks for the tips

Looking good, I'll sub so us first timers can stick together.

Are you topping or just LSTing? I'm on an auto grow now, so no topping for me, but anxious to try..

Us first timers should always stay together. Won't be first timers for long tho. I've topped both already and probably will do a few times more yet. Also as I've said before lst is a must for me

I used Neem oil to prevent bugs in my tent, I sprayed a solution on the plants a few times in veg and never saw a bug on the plants at all. It's a great preventative measure against anything that will eat the plant. How often are you watering now?

They haven't had water since Sunday when they got big pots, will probably need water tonite but gotta wait for them to wake up, roll on 7pm UK time

Update Week 3

Well they are still growing :thumb: They didn't get water till Thursday this week after the soaking I gave them last week. Joy (the biggest one) took just over a liter of brown fish poo filled water before I got run off and mags took a little bit less. They be due for another watering with plain filtered probably on Monday.

Took a few more tops off today, am gonna have to look at making a scrog for them next week.

Question time...
When I potted them up last week I under filled the pots so the soil level is 2.5 inches below the top of the pots, can I lift them from pots and put soil mix in bottom and put them back in pots? Can't pot into bigger pots cos of box size And can't put on top cos the lower stems are nearly at soil level already.

The new growth looks yellowish on the picture, didn't appear to look like that when I had her out before tho? Could it be something my camera can see but not my red bloodshot eyes? Or am I just being a new grower and flapping over nothing.

Time for some pics
mags
DSC_023422.JPG
DSC_023718.JPG
DSC_023619.JPG

Now joy

DSC_022712.JPG
DSC_023020.JPG
DSC_023324.JPG
DSC_023517.JPG

Thanks for stopping by :thanks: have a happy Sunday.
Time for a quick bowl before bed :bong:

The yellowish color happens to new growth sometimes so it might just be that, if it isn't then idk what would cause it. Hopefully someone else will chime in a give another opinion. As for adding more soil, if you can pull out the plant and make sure no damage comes to it then you should be able to put more soil on the bottom and pop the plant back in.

The yellowish color happens to new growth sometimes so it might just be that, if it isn't then idk what would cause it. Hopefully someone else will chime in a give another opinion. As for adding more soil, if you can pull out the plant and make sure no damage comes to it then you should be able to put more soil on the bottom and pop the plant back in.

Cheers stealth, I'll get on that in a day or 2. As for the yellowing, looking back at older pics, they have always been like thi.

QUICK UPDATE

Well, last night I got a bit giddy with the pruning scissors and gave the girls a good haircut.
I have also lifted them from there their pots and topped them up and put a few more ties on them to keep them as flat as possible. Not given any water yet as they only had water on Sunday.
Some pics now

before
DSC_023912.JPG
DSC_024011.JPG

After
DSC_02477.JPG
DSC_024812.JPG

Potted up
DSC_02517.JPG

Well that's all for now
Peace out people

Back