LED Grow Journal - White Widow

IntoTheClouds

Hi everyone,
Welcome to my first grow journal. A bit of a background; This is my Second grow (first is almost starting flowering) but my first grow from seeds, I had a bit of an issue getting seeds so i went ahead and started with a few clones for my first round. The clones are turning out nicely and are about to be transitioned over into flowering. I had a bug issue (S. Mites) with them and have treated it properly (Old stage Green Cleaner) but I'm still a bit paranoid of them hiding somewhere.

Ill be using Platinum LED P450's for the duration of my grow, I've never used any other light source for growing and don't intend to as the lights seem to suit my situation perfectly. I'm excited to see the final product and explain how I got there. All advice is welcome! So without any further adieu...

-White Widow-
Buy marijuana seeds / cannabis seeds from Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds
Hybrid: 65% Indica 35% Sativa
Indoor: Up to 450 gram / 15.9 ounces per sq. meter
Soil: "Roots Organic" original
Nutrients: General Organics/Hydroponics; Flora Nova, Bio Root, Floracious plus.
Pot size(s): Solo cup -> 1 Gal -> 5 Gal.
10+ plants.
Lights: Platinum LED P450's x3 (have 1, working on getting the other two... Should be buying my second today.) Also, I use fluorescents for early growth.
Temperature: Consistent mid 70's
Humidity: 30% seems to be natural humidity down there, I try and maintain 45% with humidifiers, and it fluctuates a lot, difficult IMO to maintain a steady %.

So to catch us up... Here is the First week or so...

Day 0 (Soaked in distilled water 24 hours)
WW_Seeds1.JPG

Day 2; To start, I put a mild solution of all 3 nutes together and watered the soil and planted the germinated seeds. In the same solution, I soaked the rockwool cubes and planted the seeds. 5 seeds in rock wool/5 seeds in soil. just to see what works better, soil sprouted faster but both seem to be a good method. But, The roots have grown very fast and i do appreciate the extra room the soil gives the roots.
Day_250.JPG

Day 3
Day_328.JPG

Day 4
Day_426.JPG

Day 5 By day 4 i had realized that maybe i should take the dome off the top and bring the light closer, the stems were growing long and could not keep themselves up!
Day_518.JPG

Day 7
Day_717.JPG

Day 8; Now we are current!
Day_813.JPG

The room setup:
I will be buying my second P450 today to have for my soon-to-be flowering clones, thats still leaves 1 more to purchase (540$ a piece) :(
(the 4x4 grow tent does have a P450 in it as well, I forgot to label that.)
GrowSet-up.png

Panda Film lining the wall i framed for the room.
GrowRoom26.JPG

Just a photo for reference on the room design.
Grow_Room_uc_.JPG

Flower room pics to come... After my light arrives i will post.

Looks great man I can't wait to see this take off. I know what you mean about those mites too they hide well and are a pain. Keep the wind blowing and the humidity up and you will do just fine.

Day 9
Hola peeps,
Growth is lookin good, Stems are a bit long. Some of them need a stabilizer, just used a paper clip to help keep em up. They dont seem to be elongating as much since i took the dome off the other day and brought the light closer, hopefully they toughen up pretty soon!
0032079.JPG

0022176.JPG

Day 11
Solo cups looked a little dry and i felt the need to water but didnt really wanna water using the solo cups so i went ahead and transplanted into the veg (1 Gal) pots. Im still runnin the florecent above until i can free up my p450 (waiting on my p900). The p450 is being used on the Flowering plants i have in the other partition. My room is nearly complete, im excited to show you guys, been workin hard on it. Also, i wanna display it all with all the lights in there appropriate places.... Peace all!

Update: Forgot to mention my feeding! I mixed FloraNova Grow 1/4 strength, Floralicious Plus 1/8 and Bio Root 1/4 for all plants. Stay tuned for burned plants, hah! Also, The "WW" are white widow and the "?" are unknown. The 20 free seeds all germinated and being my first seed buy i expected none to germinate (As all reviews indicated) and they were fucking wrong! they all did! so i picked the best looking seeds and planted em and here i am, A tent packed full of plants!
018494.JPG

Day 11
Solo cups looked a little dry and i felt the need to water but didnt really wanna water using the solo cups so i went ahead and transplanted into the veg (1 Gal) pots. Im still runnin the florecent above until i can free up my p450 (waiting on my p900). The p450 is being used on the Flowering plants i have in the other partition. My room is nearly complete, im excited to show you guys, been workin hard on it. Also, i wanna display it all with all the lights in there appropriate places.... Peace all!

Looking great man, things are progressing right along. I noticed the purple trim on your tent with the hb ladies and was wondering what brand is was?

Thanks Primalurge! The tent is the Apollo horticulture 4x4 tent. Heres the link on amazon to it my friend.
81cnS8mcqML_SL1500_.jpg

Thanks

Haha I knew it! I actually just picked up that tent the other day, it's in my basement. What's your opinion on it? I was worried about spending so little on a tent but it had great reviews.

Day 13
So here we are lookin good and healthy after the transplant. Seems like they werent effected too much from the switch from Solo cup to 1 Gal. pots. Im still runnin the Floursecent over the plants for now until i can free up the LED (P450). No status on where my P900 is, still havent recieved 1 email from Platinum LED regarding my purchase... Ill try calling them later to see what is up... Anyways back to the plants. What is the common consensus about when Veg starts? when the baby leaves fall off?
0032085.JPG
0051839.JPG
0071520.JPG

Haha I knew it! I actually just picked up that tent the other day, it's in my basement. What's your opinion on it? I was worried about spending so little on a tent but it had great reviews.

Hey PU, Yeah man, i like the tent it does its jobs, no complaints at all.

Day 13
So here we are lookin good and healthy after the transplant. Seems like they werent effected too much from the switch from Solo cup to 1 Gal. pots. Im still runnin the Floursecent over the plants for now until i can free up the LED (P450). No status on where my P900 is, still havent recieved 1 email from Platinum LED regarding my purchase... Ill try calling them later to see what is up... Anyways back to the plants. What is the common consensus about when Veg starts? when the baby leaves fall off?

Hey PU, Yeah man, i like the tent it does its jobs, no complaints at all.

Hey Man looking great still, Im shocked at how nice those look under floros. I start counting veg once i get full sets of leaves on 2 sides. As for Platinum I would drop by their website and enter the chat function, I never received an email when I ordered mine so I had to ask.

Excellent news about the tent!

Hey Man looking great still, Im shocked at how nice those look under floros. I start counting veg once i get full sets of leaves on 2 sides. As for Platinum I would drop by their website and enter the chat function, I never received an email when I ordered mine so I had to ask. Excellent news about the tent!

Hey, just got off the phone with them after that last entry and they said the lights are already shipped and should arrive thursday. That should give me a few more days to run this flouro light before putting the P450 back in there. and yes i agree, this light has done a very good job if you wanna check it out i got it off amazon too. super durable, the thing fell over and landed right on the bulp one time and not even a crack. Just a good, simple, sturdy light.

51CJToAIv4L_SL1200_.jpg

Day 18:
Been a while? nah i was waiting on my P900 to come in the start posting again. Its here and im still workin on the basement, i will post my setup in its entirety tomorrow! Thank god the P900 came in today, the white widows needed the P450's light, the floursecent was not cutting it anymore, these babies are hungry for light and today i gave it to them. Boom!
IMG_33846.JPG

IMG_33765.JPG

IMG_33753.JPG

Day 19: Yesterday, i took a trip to the grow shop to pick up some CO2 bags, they have the live mushrooms or something in them. Anyone have experience with these? im curious to know if they show real results...

Anyways, picked that up and they talked me into trying some of there "Tea" brew they cook up at the shop, so they hooked it up and told me throw it on my plants! 509 grow here in spokane, good group of dudes i like shoppin there. But yeah they were super into there "Tea" and very proud so i couldnt say no. Took it home and threw it on the plants and they didnt Die! (i was actually a little weary after i did it, WTF DID I DO!!) woke up and they looked very happy, they are lovin the P450 i got hangin over them. So Day 19 and they love the LED, i have it about 2 1/2 feet above them, seems to be good height, might lower it soon, need to kick them into veg soon also. I think i got a good healthy batch of seeds, im seeing great growth on these plants or maybe they just love me. :love::love::circle-of-love::high-five:

Back
Top Bottom