MassMedMan's Spring Fling - Indoor/Outdoor - Organic - Medical - 6 Autos

Hello 420!

As I'm just about to finish my first indoor grow I am actively prepping for my next! I have not even dropped my beans yet, so this will start slow. But, it will get me organized and once it's all said and done that's all that matters ;)

Before I get started I wanted to thank 420 magazine for allowing me a chance to journal my grows. As a card carrying medical marijuana holder, it's nice to be able to share experiences with other growers. In the short time I've been a member of this site I've interacted with some great people. Honestly, each day I'm more impressed with the quality of people on this site, and the professional way it is run.

So thanks to everyone who is part of this community.

My first inside grow went pretty smooth. But, I started out with a plan to grow plants using fox farms nutes; however, mid stream I changed course. This was due mainly to the fact that I was hesitant that I might screw up my plants with chemicals, and then, from reading a lot here... I realized you don't need all those chemicals to grow quality medical marijuana.

And that is my goal: quality.

Coming into this grow, I've learned a shit ton. But, I feel like I'm still at level one, in a craft that people are sitting at level ten or higher. Bottom line is I have A LOT to learn.

And you don't learn by sitting on the sidelines or thinking inside the box.

This grow my goals are; to grow quality medical marijuana; to learn more about organic gardening and to apply as much gained knowledge in this grow; to dial in a soil mix that I'll be confident growing in for years to come.

My first indoor grow I used fox farm ocean forest soil, and bought their standard nute line.

This grow, I have some fox farms left, but I'm looking at a local company, local for me I live in western MA, but a local company that can provide my soil mix for the future.

I think I've found it in Coast of Maine Organics. I've not read a single thing on the web which is bad when it comes to any of their products. And they have a new soil mix, specifically made with medical marijuana growers in mind called, Stonington Blend, check out the label:
20150201_112643.jpg

I have reached out to the marketing people at COM and they have been very helpful and I'm looking forward to seeing what their products do!

I'm also going to be trying a free sample I got from Tappin Roots. I read good things on the internet about their product and I reached out to the owner and he was kind enough to send me a sample to try:

20150306_150758.jpg

I am doing six autoflowers. Three THC Bombs, and three Candy Kush. I did Candy Kush autos my last run and I was very impressed with what I've smoked so far.

20150319_064301.jpg

In the spirit of discovery and learning more I've decided I'm going with four different soil mixes.

Two plants -- one THC Bomb and one of the Candy Kush will be in 3 gallon smart pots with the following soil mix:

6 qt Coast of Maine Stonington blend
2 qt perlite
1qt COM Earth Worm Castings
1qt Black Gold EWC
1qt Black Gold Potting Soil
1 qt Alaskan Forest Humus
3 tbsp dolomite lime
1 tbsp Epsoma Bio-Tone Starter Plus
3 tsp Azomite
3tsp Rock Phosphate
And it was watered with PHd water with molasses

The other two auto plants, one Candy Kush, one THC Bomb will go in a soil mix the exact same as above, except I'll substitute the Stonington Blend for FFOF.

And then finally, plants 5 &6.

Plant five will be a five gallon smart pot with a Candy Kush Auto, FFOF soil, and nothing else. This plant will get FF nute line the whole grow. I want to see first hand what I can do with chemicals.

And finally, the sixth plant, that will be a 3 gallon smart pot, filed with COM Stonington blend and nothing else. The soil all by itself. This plant will get teas/all organic.

Here they are cooking;

20150319_064429.jpg

And it's alive:

20150315_204005.jpg

That's it for now.

I'll be starting them inside under cfls, run them for a month then I'll fire my 400 with a MH bulb for a month. Finally the last month or so they will be outside,, so I can make room for my summer co grow with DP!

I am building a greenhouse as we speak that might help the transition to outside.

I plan on using teas for my five organic plants.

That is it for now, this will be evolving slowly until I get beans in the air, until then stay green friends! ;)

Hey paddy, thanks for coming by! Yeah, I think a greenhouse will help me with both rain and wind. It will also help early and late season to extend the season. Plus, I can't have plants all around my yard. This is an area I already have a firm of security in place, but that will be getting increased also. Look forward to seeing what you do mate!

That is awesome!! Are those seven gal pots? I'll be doing six in seven gallons next run!!

Love the setup, does the green cover/tarp allow light to pass through or is that for cover/security only?

Subbed and excited to see how this grow goes my friend! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Happy to hear that, Max! Glad to have you feel and free to offer anything you feel!

in for the long hole :thumb:

nice seats too :high-five:

:popcorn:

Subbed. I see some of the LOS Mafia (Living Organic Soil) is already here. :)

I predict a few soil discussions :rofl:

I want some high quality compost, and Coast of Maine is at the top of my list.
Did you find that in New England stores this early, or was this an internet shipment?

I've found it in my local nursery, then it was gone they had two bags originally and I took one. Few weeks later the other was gone. Last week a new one was there. I've been talking via email to the marketing guys and they are looking to set up an internet portal to buy it direct. I have not been able to find it anywhere on the internet.

If and when they give me a link, or they share a link to order from I'll pass it on. I think they might be watching this thread since I pinged them about it ;)

Maybe they would consider joining and be one of the site sponsors. :cheer:

Any way, I'm a small fish in their sea, but maybe that link to order will come soon... I know Dutty is gonna try some for our co grow.

Thanks for checking in, very happy you're here

Back
Top Bottom