Tranquilgreen - Hydro & Soil - First Grow Journal

Tranquilgreen

This will be my first time growing other than in the 70s. I have been reading many journals and I hope I come up to the standard. If not, please make suggestions!

I'll be growing three from feminized seed and may try several things with this crop.

(Indica CUP Winner 2009)
#1 Barney's Farm Pineapple Chunk (Barney's Pineapple X Cheese Skunk #1)
Indica dominant, Flowering 60 to 65 days. An extremely vigorous and stable plant. Mold and disease resistant. Massive THC output and high CBD

#2 Chocolate Kush
This one combines Mazar and Indica with great results. When grown indoors, the plants are small and inconspicuous, and they produce good yields of fine-quality product. The flowering period is relatively short, and the plants have a fantastic taste and aroma which will inspire the mind and delight the senses.

#3 Vision Seeds White Widow
Sativa (40%) Indica (60%) 8 – 9 weeks to flower Amazing relaxing effect. Being a cross you can expect mood enhancement and perhaps interest in activities you would normally care less about. Expect munchies.

Right now I have the seeds in water for a 24 hour soak. Then I plan on putting the germinated seed in rock wool and into a bubbler. At this time I only plan to use a PlatiniumLED 300w light when they get into the grow tent.

1_PineappleChunkTG.jpg

2_ChocolateKushTG.jpg

3_WhiteWidowTG.jpg

Today is day two and a half from placing the seeds in water. Seeds cracked and the tiny root on the Pineapple Chunk grew out a bit. Planted all three in rock wool in a little starter tray with bubbled air/water.

One thing that surprised me was when I tested my water (well water). The pH was 8.73 so I have been lowering it to 6.51 with lime water.

It's been 13 days since planting the seeds and I only have one plant up and looking like it might survive. The others have been just sitting there. Am I too impatient?

Pineapple Chunk, just starting to lift its seedy head.
PC14.jpg

Chocolate Kush just marking time
CK12.jpg

White Widow doing what I thought all three would do.
WW165.jpg

Problems.
  • My well water pH is about 9.8 so I have been lowering it to around 6.3 but it fluctuates a bit. No nutes yet except a little B1.
  • I decided to put a seed starter heating pad under them just a few days ago thinking temps were too low (60 degrees). At first I had no heat to them and maybe that was the problem with the slow grow.

I water them with the lowered pH water once or twice a day. Any suggestions to get this grow going the right way? Is there something else I should do?

that is some high ph
you may want to use some distilled water while they are young
the ph is neutral and it should do well
just until they get some legs up under them

60 degrees was low and it probably was slowing them
the pad should help

i missed what medium you plan to grow in, soilless ,soil , hydro?
experience is the great teacher
keep at it

Thanks for the suggestion Yuyo, I think you are right. I'll have to get to the store today and pick up some distilled water.

I plan on DWC for these and soil for some others I ordered. I was undecided when I started the grow journal but all that I have read is solidifying in my brain and I am beginning to feel like I have passed the first semester of a years long class on growing.

Dennise, I live out of town but made the trip in to pick up some Purified Water. Decided to put ALL my seeds into the water with a tiny bit of Superthrive. The pH is about 5.8 right now. I will also water my White Widow with the water too. I'm hoping one of those Pineapple Chunks get a move on.

The two I had in the water from yesterday I put under some damp paper towels with the same water and speck of nutes.

Cheers! :yummy:

I do almost the exact same thing.... I do tap root into a paper towel with purified water and superthrive then into baby medium... Your babies really won't need any type of nutes until they are pretty well established... I'm sorry... I read your an old school grower.... you know If you watch them they will tell you what they need and when... :circle-of-love:

Got a humidifier/vaporizer at BiMart for 14 bucks. The humidity was about 25% in my tent so I started her up and it's a good thing I looked again before bed because the humidity was at 92%! Shut her off for the night and put a fan on the little White Widow because she was leggy and the lights are almost on top of her. Temp in the tent is about 75 degrees.

The other seeds started to let out a root once they got the good pH, this is so much more satisfying to see these results rather than marking time in low temps and high pH.

:Namaste::welcome:all the best for your upcoming grow im a noob aswell so also stay as quite as i can unless i feel i have knowledge to share on topics , good luck looking forward to seeing ur grow develop if u dont mind that is :thanks::volcano-smiley: good luck :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom