Sweet Tooth Auto

Black Thumbs

This is my first grow at auto's,beans were planted 7days ago in rock wool cube and cube placed into the finish pot filled with canna terra pro.48hrs later they were out of the ground.room is a 120x120x2m grow lab tent with 400hps light with large exhaust fan with carbon filter.So far it's just been straight water with ph at 5.9 but leaves started to curl up abit yesterday so checked the runoff water and ph was right but nutrient level was at 2.8 so will have to give a bit of a flush when lights comes back on which running 19-5.will try and do weekly reports and please if you see me doing something wrong tell me:)
image22042.jpg

image22045.jpg

image22046.jpg

Looks like I'm first to pop around here mate, looks like you have a handle on things pretty well.
What nutes are you planning on using? Canna range?
Your little seedlings are looking good mate nice and green, so being young they may just be adjusting to the medium, usually curling is to do with ph if that's fine they should settle in.
Are you in coco or canna soil?
If the soil has nutes in it the seed should settle to what's in it.
I've noticed that sometimes putting a rockwool cube into a soil like medium can make them act strange until they settle in also.
Anyways mate looks good ill follow along with you :thumb:

The soil is canna pro and will be using canna nutes as well.Was surprised at the nute level in canna to start with but should have checked the run off before planting but flushed it to the level I want today and ph for soil and water is steady at 5.9 so hopefully I'll keep a handle on this for a while.Pretty impressed at the growth rate of the auto's so far.Will be hand watering to the end on this grow so hopefully I can pick up any problems before it gets away on me.Cheers

Atrue, I'm using canna coco and canna coco nutes so ill be interested to see how this soil goes.
That's alright keep an eye on it and you'll be set mate, do t quote me on this but I'm pretty sure in soil its alright to let your ph get into 6 but not above 6.5 I'm pretty sure.
Yeah autos are great and trust me once you get just fems or regs going afterwards they seem solo slow haha
Good luck with all your grow anyway mate :)

Updating this journal today as I will most likely do it every Saterday.Leaves still have a slight curl/miss shape to them but it's looking a little better.I have the 400hps sitting 2ft above them so not sure if it's a light burn problem or maybe a drying problem from running fan on them 24 7(light breeze)
My mystery fem seed seedling looks like it's going to live so will add it in here as well,up until 2 days ago it was really stunted and looked like it was ready to die but now it's nice and green and growing it's next lot of leaves:)
Nothing has changed so 19-5 lights and just 5.9ph straight water but I'm super impressed by the growth rate in just 2 days,These seedlings are 8 days out of the ground now.Cheers
image22177.jpg

image22178.jpg

image22179.jpg

This is the mystery plant

DAY 13

Today was the first day the temp has been a little kinder so I took some snaps of their progress.Still just ph'd water with no nutes and 19/5 light cycles.They are still showing signs of some heat stress but I'm doing the best I can ATM to keep the temps down.Ive just purchased a metre that you put in the ground to tell me when to water as I've been keeping the pro mix to wet.The mystery plant is not going to well so planted a barny's farm malana bomb auto to take it's spot if it germinates.The under growth is starting to bloom on the sweet tooth and they are allready starting to put out a nice smell:)
image22367.jpg

image22368.jpg

image22369.jpg

image22370.jpg

A cold day here is 25degC so no fear of ever needing a heater but shortens your grow times to around 7 months of the year before the heat becomes a real big issue.I had a plan of doing a normal grow next to make the best of this window but it may cut out time for the third and last grow unless I set up a clone/veg room to swap over once first flowering is done but pushing my luck with the wife allready without building another room

Yeah that's handy then I had mine set up so in the winter they'd be in perfect temperatures maybe a little cold which doesn't stress me.
Ah yes, we can probably get away with 9 months varying with set ups I guess.
So your right there makes it hard, I forgot your doing autos aswell so its pretty hard to get to switch to 12/12 without affecting yeild I reckon, maybe you could keep your autos going and Im not sure you may not be able but if you can put one outdoor you could give it a head start on spring and take it out when its time.
I know what you mean with the Mrs, my tents now on an almost permanent 12/12 cycle for awhile now since Mrs didn't have faith in indoor plant yields to help pay it, so I'm stuck on 12/12 from seed for awhile, plus I know she's not a fan of the little space one tent takes up let alone if I setup a cfl 24-18 hour mother/clone box

Yea no switching to 12/12 with this grow,just really wanting to get enough in the next few grows to tide me over the non grow months of summer so the reason for the early start and choosing auto's to start with.I just put a small fan on the end of the hood facing the bulb and within 5min the temp in there has dropped 2degC so that's a good result.They are growing pretty healthy right now so I hope they can ride out this last kick of hotter weather without it affecting final yield and I'll be a happy camper

At the moment while they are still only around 6-7 inches,I have ice bottles near the inlet tubes and have them directed straight at the plants at the hottest parts of the day but ATM the temps are still high but plants are looking better.Hoping for this cooler weather to show before they start to flower which is/should be a couple more weeks away with any luck.Am blown away by the thickness of there stems at 12 days from sprout and mystery plant is still hanging in there and getting some undergrowth but it's only about an inch tall with 2 sets of leaves???.Will take them out of the room on sat for some better photoes hopefully

Looking good brother!

Dutty Panty just dropped a Sweet Tooth Auto as well. By the looks of it, you are a few weeks ahead of him, but it should be a cool comparison.

The more I look through Auto journals, the more I am tempted to try one. lol

Will be subbing in once the journal starts.Been looking through some banks today for my next grow for auto's.Was going to do a normal grow next but the Thaught of running a few different strains at once and quick turn around has caught me I think and a super skunk auto is a clincher as that was pretty much the only full strain I used to grow when I first grew and it was new on the scene but that was a long time ago:)

Back
Top Bottom