Supergroomer's Blue Kush Freebie

Dave Groomer

So a couple of weeks ago I germinated a Dinafem Blue Kush after my Pineapple Chunk turned out to be a giant bust. The expensive seeds went nowhere and the freebies are doing great. :thumb:

So, this seed was one of the freebies from my last order from Herbies (thanks guys!!) Here is the strain info:

Dinafem - Blue Kush

Blue Kush by Dinafem is a feminized, Sativa-dominant strain obtained by crossing a Blueberry and a Og Kush. The result is a strain of superb flavour and aroma.

Blue Kush is a treat for the senses. This outstanding plant is hardy, easy to grow, fast flowering and delivers big, compact buds covered in resin. It performs well when cultivated both by experts and by beginners. It is an elegant, medium-sized plant that grows well indoors, especially in hydroponics, SCROG and SOG systems. In outdoor cultivation, it responds best to temperate/continental climates and to the protected environment of greenhouses.

Due to its complex and interesting organoleptic properties, Blue Kush is aimed at gourmets. It is also suitable for users seeking major therapeutic properties.

Blue Kush has intense flavour and aroma with fresh hints of lemon, pine and red berries. The effect is powerful, long-lasting and rather cerebral, the perfect choice for spending quality time with friends.

55% Sativa / 45% Indica
Genetics: Blueberry x OG Kush
Indoor flowering period: 60 days
Outdoor harvest time: beginning/middle of October
Indoor yield: 500 g/m2
Outdoor yield: 600-800 g/plant
THC: 20%
CBD: 0.16%
THC/CBD ratio: 125:1

I find it ironic that I started this seed and a week later I make my first trip to the dispensary and what do they give me....Blueberry Kush :) I hope mine tastes and smells as good as what I got.

I popped her in a paper towel and 48 hour later put her in soil. My mixture is the same I always use: 1 part FFOF 1 Part Promix BX and 1 part perlite. No nutes for now. Fox Farm nutes and Cal/mag will be added as necessary. Last night I transplanted her from her Styrofoam cup to a 3 gal pot. I will give her a few days to settle in to her new home and then she will be topped.

Here is her photo from this am.

20150403_073504_resized.jpg

Yes! Another Blue Kush on the forums. You will not be disappointed in this strain man. This was my first strain ever and she was a champ through and through. I will be following along and lend a hand if possible. I am still new but I have been balls deep into this strain for the last 4 months.

Lemme grab my lawn chair, roll up a fat one and join ya on this adventure!

Good luck on this grow and may your harvest be plentiful.

Yes! Another Blue Kush on the forums. You will not be disappointed in this strain man. This was my first strain ever and she was a champ through and through. I will be following along and lend a hand if possible. I am still new but I have been balls deep into this strain for the last 4 months.

Lemme grab my lawn chair, roll up a fat one and join ya on this adventure!

Good luck on this grow and may your harvest be plentiful.

Thanks for stopping by. Any advise welcome. I live to learn!! :peace:

Subbed and looking forward to seeing this grow! Congrats on your last one.

Thanks fro visiting. I have been a little lax in posting updates recently. Between my wife and I being sick and the kids sports, I am lucky I have time to tend the plants no less take pics and update my journal. I will get some new pics up tonight or over the weekend. :)

Here is an update on the Blue Kush.

20150423_073319_resized.jpg

Just as a little added bonus, here is a pic of the White Widow I planted a few days after blue.

20150423_073346_resized.jpg

Thanks. They are both looking good. I need to update some pics from the veg tent. I have 3 plants the could go into flower now if I had the room. Probably vegging for another 4-5 weeks. They will be big. :peace:

:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom