Spring Random Photoperiod Experiment

Catman12

Last year My Old Friend from the Big City mailed some bag seed to me about the same time I received my first seed order. I'm starting this journal starting up week 3 of 4 sprouted plants

Same Closet with the same Lights. I first removed everything and gave it all a nice cleaning.

Lights: One Advanced LED DS100 - 100w (50) 3w High Output LEDs (single chip) size with 2.5ft x 3ft coverage
One old version TopLED Mars Hydro reflector series (2' x 2') 16/8 light cycle lights off 9 pm to 5 am

Medium: FFHF with previously cleaned perlite mixed in - 1:3 perlite to soil mix. No nutrients yet

Temps and RH have varied a lot while Spring decides what to do. Spring has been an awesome relief to this past winter and everything here is beautiful. I hope for at least 1 female of course...but who knows?

:rollit:

GERM_10_.jpg

GERM_3_.jpg

GERM_5_.jpg

SPROUT_4_1_.jpg

SPROUT_4_2_.jpg

SPROUT_4_3_.jpg

SPROUT_4_6_.jpg

SPROUT_4_5_.jpg

SPROUT_4_4_.jpg

Had really low RH and also problems with the "sprouter blend" I used. Transplant went fine, so here's the closet with wet towel for RH and sprouts in their new home in the happy frog mix. They took the transplant well. Drilled holes in cheap pots, but next transplant I want to make more of an air-pot type mod with more holes I think. Had a really nice trip to the big city for the soil and some nutes and now I'm hooked on joints atm LOL I don't know why.

TRANS_1.jpg

Here we are at the end of week 2

WK_2_3_.jpg

WK_2_6_.jpg

WK_2_9_.jpg

WK_2_21_.jpg

WK_2_17_.jpg

WK_2_15_.jpg

WK_2_10_.jpg

WK_2_13_.jpg

:420: Thanks for Stopping By :420:

Hey Catman!

Thanks for the invite! Off to a great start so far, cut little babies!

Joints can be fun. I go through phases with them. I smoke way more joints in the last year then I have in the 5 before it. It takes a decent amount of weed to roll a J. When you are buying 1/4's and 1/2's, it's just not worth in, imo.

Now that I grow, things are a little different :) I find that I have much more joint appropriate material around. I've never liked grinding up beautiful nugs.

I'm not on board with grinding the flowers before loading it into a pipe or bong either. Weed is really good here and when you grind it up put it in a bowl, like smoking a bowl of shake, it's much more harsh. Only the first hit taste good and then you;ve created a layer of ash that makes the rest of the bowl taste cashed. Ugh. I don't know why you'd want that. I have friends that grind their weed and I hate it. Then I load a bowl and it's not ground and they hate it. I think that's funny.

Wow, that was a random rant. The Critical Sensi Star is good in the morning:bong:

:cheer: Hey welcome SweetLeef :cheer:

Everyone is welcome to come and shoot the breeze or tell me how to grow better :peace: but I only outright invited you and your Fab Sister Ms Magic because of my HOPE that it will be a tedious and lengthy grow. I'm patient to wait for sexing and a good long flowering :wood: but I'm not sure if I can keep up a journal too well :straightface:

Yeah, I didn't even think of rolling a joint until I was exploring rolling my own cigarettes to save money LOL And you're absolutely right on the money about why. I have "bud shake" from filling up the vape [I've never used a grinder, but I create shake by tearing up buds to load the vape in an ideal way] now that I've produced my own from the tiny closet. :hippy:

So, I rolled a few really nice doobs after my trip to town and am a happy happy camper :rollit: The vape, one hitter and bongs I've made along the way each have their own advantage, but I have missed the pure full effect a nicely rolled joint provides. Stinks though LOL :rofl:

Congrats on your Critical Sensi Stare Wake and Bake :party: Hope your Spring treats you well

:Namaste:

I can't roll a joint!! My hands don't work well enough! And I was just given access to a 2 gallon ziplock freezer bag stuffed full of shake. It's tucked away in my room. I'm going to use some to make a vegetable glycerin tincture and then I don't know what will become of the rest. It isn't really mine. But boy if it was! :drool: I just get to help the owner "figure out what to do with it all" and "use what I need". A true hardship for sure! :rofl::rofl:
HI TOPCAT!!! I am excited about your new journal! Such cute babies! How big is your space again? I think we have similar space. I can't wait to watch another grow!

:cheer: Hey there Ms Magic :cheer:

I can't roll one either - I got one of those old cheap rollers like we used back in the day :cheesygrinsmiley: Sounds like you ought to be a good "helper" :rofl: I've always wanted to experiment with tinctures and edibles, but I get nervous because I don't feel I have enough to "experiment" with.

I just grow in a tiny sliding-door closet like any random place. It's in the smallest of the rooms that my roommate uses as an "office." I was hoping to have at least one of the surviving plants to be female. I could maybe keep 2 but if all 4 are ladies then IDK what I'll do :cheesygrinsmiley:

I will tell you I have the summer to figure out what/where I want to buy a small home. It would be nice to have a spare room to try for some extra Green Ladies to experiment with and get better at the edibles.

Glad you're getting the tinctures you need :volcano-smiley: Hope the Spring treats you well :surf:

Morning TopCat, Sir. Hope those babies of yours are thriving! I am iffy about my little tiny Bloody Skunk auto. She is really struggling...at this rate she'll either turn it around or she'll be gone in a day or two. She isn't looking good. Sure hope she pulls through. The harlequin, however, is a total babe! She's gorgeous, but I may be partial... Looking forward to an update so we can see your littles!

And I solved the 'I can't roll a joint' problem by ordering a box of pre-rolled cones! I'll see for myself what the fuss is all about. Should be here Saturday! :tokin::blunt::loopy:

Morning TopCat, Sir. Hope those babies of yours are thriving!

Here's a shot of the closet after a watering today. I'll run out of room before I want to...

Watering1.jpg

I'm going to top after the fourth node and I hope to keep all that are healthy until I flip to flower at week 6.

I am iffy about my little tiny Bloody Skunk auto. She is really struggling...at this rate she'll either turn it around or she'll be gone in a day or two. She isn't looking good. Sure hope she pulls through. The harlequin, however, is a total babe! She's gorgeous, but I may be partial... Looking forward to an update so we can see your littles!

Sorry to hear about your iffy auto :straightface: There are some brands or types of autos that just don't do well and you never know what you're gonna get - But glad to hear about your harlequin :cheer: Feel free to post pictures of any of your plants on here :high-five:

I was hoping for a weekly update but I may be gone visiting Mom (?) I like the weekly style for comparisons sake

And I solved the 'I can't roll a joint' problem by ordering a box of pre-rolled cones! I'll see for myself what the fuss is all about. Should be here Saturday! :tokin::blunt::loopy:

:bravo: Glade to hear about your cones! My joint bliss was partially nostalgia from high school LOL but it also gives a more well rounded fuller effect than vaping for me. Vaping is fine for the most part...but the doobie seems "richer" some how.

Good luck!

:Namaste:

Saturday Update:

When I opened the closet this morning I spotted some white mildewy type growth at the base of my smallest plant. So, it was re-pot and quarantine time before and during my first cup of coffee
:rollingeyes:

WK_4_4_.jpg

WK_4_5_.jpg

After coffee and smokes I re-potted the two on either end up to 2 gal pots because I saw roots coming out the bottom of their 1 gal homes. The middle plant stayed in it's 2 gal pot They're all just starting their 4th week:

WK_4_1_.jpg

Two got topped - one hasn't yet because it's a bit behind the others

WK_4_11_.jpg

WK_4_13_.jpg

WK_4_7_.jpg

WK_4_9_.jpg

Scrubbed the ONA bucket and pans with bleach before the brood went back in the closet. Lysol for a safety bonus :cheesygrinsmiley: Closet with three:

4_Closet_5_.jpg

4_Closet_6_.jpg

Quarantine plant is on the floor by the living room window now....

Hope Spring is warm and good ... Happy Growing! :surf::surf::rollit:

Girls look happy in there home catman :goodjob:

Thanks Am4zin - So far no complaints aside from the mildew thing scare :peace: Working with these bitty plants makes me want a proper grow space so I can run a few more plants and have better working conditions. Growing is addictive :) I hope these guys keep going ... You just never know ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

You don't have to be a super grower to reap the benefits of both growing as well as consuming cannabis

:blunt::smokin: :blunt: :rollit: :blunt:::smokin: :blunt:

Hope your thrips have left and may your buds be thick :Namaste:

Good times and easy growing to all and remember tomorrow is :420:

Good morning TopCat! Happy 420! That's a lovely joint ya got there!! :lot-o-toke: And all 4 girls present and accounted for, :woohoo: Your newest girls are sure looking good.

I don't have much to do with my girls today. I have to spray some Snow Storm Ultra and check and see if the seedling has made it through another night. I have my seeds sprouting for a sprouted seed tea, and I am hoping that Sammy can wait to be watered for another day or two so she can get a nice dose. Perhaps it will help Penelope the seedling too, if she holds out! Have a wonderful day!

Good morning TopCat! Happy 420! That's a lovely joint ya got there!! :lot-o-toke: And all 4 girls present and accounted for, :woohoo: Your newest girls are sure looking good.

:thanks: Thanks Ms Magic and Happy 420 My Friend :thanks:

I could only manage a bit of it out in the spring rain :cheesygrinsmiley: Waited a good while to come and type :rofl:

I don't have much to do with my girls today. I have to spray some Snow Storm Ultra and check and see if the seedling has made it through another night. I have my seeds sprouting for a sprouted seed tea, and I am hoping that Sammy can wait to be watered for another day or two so she can get a nice dose. Perhaps it will help Penelope the seedling too, if she holds out! Have a wonderful day!

The sprouted tea sounds really interesting - I'll have to google it tonight and read up on it :nomo: There are so many things to read and try. I've been experimenting enough with these troopers to snap off 2 leaves :hmmmm: but it helps to see how my fingers work on these plants which is a challenge :rofl:

Fill me in on how the tea goes - I'm still looking around for a home :) :volcano-smiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey Catman!

Thanks for the invite! Off to a great start so far, cut little babies!

Joints can be fun. I go through phases with them. I smoke way more joints in the last year then I have in the 5 before it. It takes a decent amount of weed to roll a J. When you are buying 1/4's and 1/2's, it's just not worth in, imo.

Now that I grow, things are a little different :) I find that I have much more joint appropriate material around. I've never liked grinding up beautiful nugs.

I'm not on board with grinding the flowers before loading it into a pipe or bong either. Weed is really good here and when you grind it up put it in a bowl, like smoking a bowl of shake, it's much more harsh. Only the first hit taste good and then you;ve created a layer of ash that makes the rest of the bowl taste cashed. Ugh. I don't know why you'd want that. I have friends that grind their weed and I hate it. Then I load a bowl and it's not ground and they hate it. I think that's funny.

Wow, that was a random rant. The Critical Sensi Star is good in the morning:bong:

:rofl: ahhhh, that was good.

I'm here Catman. Pretty little things already. :love:

I rolled my first joint in 30 years the other day and smoked the very first joint by myself ever! It was amazing and felt incredibly indulgent. Made me decide to figure out how to go perpetual and always have some on hand.

Your beautiful-looking joint made me want to go out and buy one of those rollers. We used to have one when Dale smoked.

:rofl: ahhhh, that was good.

I'm here Catman. Pretty little things already. :love:

:rofl:

I rolled my first joint in 30 years the other day and smoked the very first joint by myself ever! It was amazing and felt incredibly indulgent. Made me decide to figure out how to go perpetual and always have some on hand.

Your beautiful-looking joint made me want to go out and buy one of those rollers. We used to have one when Dale smoked.

Congrats on your joint! :rollit:

I vape/smoke alone which is fine, but a joint needs to be passed around. I got some loose tobacco with that roller - It's OK, brought back other memories of when I was the most poor. I'm heading that way again ["retirement" soon] so I better get used to it!

Thanks for stopping by SweetSue :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom