OrganicMan's Multi Strain Indoor Soil Grow

OrganicMan

Hey everyone this is my first ever grow journal & unfortunately I only have pics from the 1st week of flowering on-wards but I will explain how I got there the best I can :) These are the particulars :-

Strains- 2 Original Amnesia , 1 Cheese , 2 Ultra Sour

Soil - CANNA Terra Pro+ with 20% perlite
Container - 22.5L Air Pots

Water - Tap water left to air for 24hrs

Nutrients - Plant Magic Granules, Plant Magic Root Stimulant, Plant Magic Oldtimer Grow & Bloom, Plant Magic Magne-Cal [soft water area], Plant Magic Bio Silicone, Plagron Green Sensation, Humboldt Honey ES.

HM PH80 ph meter -
PH - 6 - 6.5 swinging throughout entire grow.

Equipment:

Tent - Homebox Evolution 1.2 x 1.2 x 2

Light - Lumii 250w - 600W Ballast, SOL Digital 600w MH [Veg], 600w Sunmaster HPS [Flowering], 6" Air-cooled Silver star Reflector

Fans - ISO Max 6" Acoustic Fan, Rhino Acoustic Ducting
2 10" clip on fans

Max -Min Temperature and Humidity Sensor-
Temperature - 20 [night], 25-28 [day] degrees [c]
Humidity- 40% - 60%

No pests

Watering once every three days

Preparation

When it comes to pots I don't usually use a small pot to begin with as I feel that it restricts the growth of the tap root and transplanting can stress young plants and may stunt growth, so instead I use a 22.5l airpot :)
If you haven't used an airpot before here is a link:
Air-Pot® | How the Air-Pot system works through enchancing root systems

I mix the soil, perlite and plant magic granules thoroughly to ensure good drainage throughout. I then fill my airpots slowly compacting the soil in to the sides of the pot to ensure good root formation.

Airpot ready to go -

I then water the pots through in a tray with ph'd water [6.4] and leave for 3 days at room temperature to ensure a good level of biological activity has occurred.

Germination

I germinate using the good old paper towel technique, I know there is a lot of controversy in the world about this but tried and tested, never fails. I put my paper towel in a takeaway container, spray lightly with ph'd water, drop my seeds in, put another sheet folded in half on top and spray placing the lid on loosely so air is still able to escape. I then use a small heat mat to warm the container and wrap the whole lot in a towel. Works every time! I check the seeds every 8-12 hours checking the moisture of the paper towel and spray as necessary. Germination usually occurs between 24 and 48 hours depending on freshness of seed stock and temperature.

Once the seeds have germinated I make a 1/4" hole in the center of the soil and place gently with the root tip down in to the hole, then cover gently and water in.

Vegetative Stage

My opinion is less is more. My soil has a weeks worth of nutrients so I don't start feeding until the plant tells me it needs some. I wait until the cotyledon [first set of leaves] start to turn yellow. This is usually about 1 week in, but it depends on strain.

I try my best to feed each plant independently, I have noticed that even if your growing several of exactly the same strain from seed some will need more food then the others. So I feed my plants individually. I know that some may think this is very time consuming but I feel it is crucial. On a commercial scale I know this is not viable but that's where the use of clones becomes necessary, where it is a must to know what that particular pheno of that strain needs, unfortunately I haven't found the one yet :)

So my feeding differs from plant to plant.

I usually Veg for 6 weeks to insure my tent is going to be filled by the end. I tend to leave the plants to do there thing for the first 4 weeks, just rotating the pots and feeding as needed. I don't top or low stress train as I have enough height. I then in the 5th week start to bamboo and tie the side branches to give the plant more light penetration. I also take the bottom set or two of branches of depending on size and strip the fist four inches of growth from the rest. I then leave the plant to recover for a week and switch to flowering.

Flowering

I had a few issues with feeding through flowering :( the original amnesia is very susceptible to over feeding and over watering well it is sativa dominant after all :)

Week 1
Original Amnesia left, Cheese middle, Ultra sour right

20150128_081915.jpg

View image in gallery

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

Week 5

Week 6

Week 7 -9 I had some phone issues so sorry no pics :( But here is the finished product

Ultra Sour 1

Ultra Sour 2

Cheese

I'm still waiting for the Original Amnesia to finish so I will keep this thread going until then I hope you all have enjoyed this so far any tips on the forum stuff would be appreciated and any feed back on the grow would be more than appreciated peace and love to all, keep up the good fight :Namaste:

Thank you so much guys you have made my day! I still have one more amnesia left to come down more pics too :)
Then a big decision on the next one, too many to choose from Im thinking maybe these:

I picked these up at spannabis - Zamaldelica Feminized

Ive had these for a while and haven't had the time to get them in but now is the time. I tried some reeferman red congolese aka John Sinclair in the Dam in 2010 and was blown away!

And of course my favorite Original Amnesia :lot-o-toke:

Impressed

Thankyou so much mate :) I'm going to take some nug pics of my 1st original amnesia today it's super frosty :) and really does give you some short term memory problems :) wish you guys could try it. The smell is like freshly baked cookies with a hazy, sweet undertone :drool:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom