Bag Seed Growing in the Dungeon - AKA Snake Farm - Old School HPS - Soil

GhettoGro

Happy 4/20 Everyone. What better day to start a grow journal?

I popped my first beans on 4/20/2005 on my indoor grow. Yes Exactly 10 years ago. Grew much great herb from reputable genetics with the unselfish help of other growers on a forum similar to this, but had to shut it all down a few years ago as the teenager in the house was getting wise to the operation. Now he has moved out and I am getting back into the hobby I love so much. Growing killer bud. :D

I have swept out the cob webs and cranked the lights back up in the dungeon. I am actually finishing up a first grow since getting back started and it went pretty well. Now I want to get my grow room back up to the standard I used to adhere too (I got lazy before I shut down years ago).

I welcome any and all input to help me out. I am always open to find a better and/or easier way. That's just the slacker in me..haha

I will post more pics and details as I go, so stay tuned to see how a low-budget setup can work and help me make it work better.

What strain is it? - Bagseed
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? ???
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Just popping beans
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor?
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Fox Farms Ocean Forrest
If soil... What size pot? Solo Cup to 6" to 12 or 14"
Size of light? 1000w HPS and 600w HPS
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 70f-84f (in flower tent)
RH of Room/cab? 40-100% (dirty south)
PH of media or res? Water 6.5
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? As Needed
Type and strength of ferts used? Fox Farms Trio - 1/4 to full stregnth

Will clarify more as we go. Different data for different stages, ya know. I always "played it by ear" in the past. I have no idea what I'm in for with these bagseeds. I'm hoping for some indica dom as that is what I was used to growing in the past. Sativas never seems to like my grow space too well. For one thing I only have a few feet of headroom in the dungeon. It is the crawl-space of my house. My wife's ex used to raise Boas and Pythons under there (hence the name: Snake Farm) :D

Well, to get this started I got a pic of seven babies that have popped their heads up so far. More will come. I can only veg about 8-14 plants depending on time and size.

Baby Pic!
bs-babies01.jpg

I look forward to sharing my experience and letting you folks keep me in line and make it grow better :thumb:

Y'all are bound to get many laughs here, both at my grow and my dumb-azz...hahaha

Keep'em Green!

~GG

Subbed! This will be interesting. Thanks for the invite. Put that link in your signature and others will follow you as well. Let's grow!!

Thanks for joining in, Sue. I know the "bagseed" in the title makes most growers just pass on by. That is all I have until a bean order comes through. It can take as long as six weeks to get beans through to my neighborhood. All the beans I made years ago were not viable. I did get 5 female AK47s from what I had on the grow that is finishing up. The rest never popped. The bagseed I am growing here came from a nice bag of local "mid-grade" (150US/oz). Ten years ago I cranked out over a pound of bagseed bud in one grow and had every flavor from blueberry to deisel all a once and yeilded 1 and 1/4 pound under one light. It is better than not growing at all and having to buy the local schwag. It is a surprise pack. :)

I have some decent bag seeds of my own. Soon I'll drop one and just ride it out. I like the mystery of it all. :laughtwo:

Link it in your signature. Then, when you post anywhere else they're tempted to come and visit. It took me a while to figure that out. I still fight with Settings to get it right, (just did that this morning with the soil thread!) but in the end I always win. LOL!

I got the link in my siggy now. I think?

I got 13 babies popped up now and have to go out of town for about 4-5 days. I soaked all the cups and heavily watered the big AK47 girls 8-weeks into flower. They are flushing and almost done. My band has a weekend booked in NOLA. I can'r wait. been needing this break.

I got one baby on her 3rd node after 2 days :D

bs01.jpg

Just put my last chop/trim in jars. She kicks butt.
AK47-2-01.jpg

I will be gone for a few days. Don't trust the public wifi. I may read up will prob not post.

Keep'em Green!

~GG

Have a safe trip. Hell, have a rip-roarin' time GhettoGro. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Thanks Sue. The wife an I got marring in NOLA 12 years ago. we have not been back since Katrina hit. We lots of friends that lost everything they had in that storm. Will be great to reunite with these people and help where we can.

Thanks Sue. The wife an I got marring in NOLA 12 years ago. we have not been back since Katrina hit. We lots of friends that lost everything they had in that storm. Will be great to reunite with these people and help where we can.

I had family in Mississippi and Louisiana during the storm and friends who rode it out and were thankful to be alive at the end, having lost almost all of their "things", but still had each other. A harrowing time. Have a wonderful time. :love:

Returned home late last night. The big girls and the babies did great. Two of the AK47s will be chopped tonight and tomorrow. The third is still packing on.

I have 12 little ones that are coming right along. Should get plenty of females from that many. If not, we'll pop more beans :)

6-8 Days from sprouts
babies011.jpg

Have to find me a new dirt vendor as my old one has closed down. May check out the Lowes and Walmart. THey are carrying a much better selection these days. Lots of organics. Open to any recommendations for easy-to-find commercial dirt. The FoxFarms can get expensive arounf here if you can even find it.

Have a date with a weedeater this afternoon. Thank goodness the rain has finally stopped for a couple days.

Keep'em Green! :thumb:

~GG

Welcome CO and Gutta! JUst taking a break from trimming before I go cross-eyed. This should be fun as I cut my teeth on bagseed many years ago. It will be fun. I am just finishing up my first grow in about 5 years and oh how I have missed this hobby.

Here's what I'm putting the scissors to tonight:

girl5_03.jpg

Love me some fresh scissor hash :)

~GG

Cause for celebration GhettoGro. :party::slide::party:

:bravo:

I can only imagine the thrill. I made Dale and I quit for 8 years before I regained my sanity! So I can imagine a little. There is no better buzz than the one you grew yourself. :laughtwo::green_heart:

I like the mount for those light fixtures, and your platform looks like something I would rig up. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Hi Sue, I plan on tweaking some thinks in the room this grow. I knew there would be some that would appreciate my veg setup. Make them feel better about their own setup..haha Tell ya what though, I could sit on that light fixture and it would not fall ;)

I don't want to get to fancy with it or make permanent type fixtures. I have it figured out in my head that I could have the whole room broken down and moved out in 30 minutes time if the need ever arose.

Back
Top Bottom