Jimobry's Bag Seed First Grow Journal

Jimbory

I am excited to announce that I am sharing my first grow experience!!!:Namaste:
:cheer::cheer::cheer:
after smoking for over 12 years and reading about the topic of growing since i was a young stoner, the time has come finally to start my own setup, and perhaps put an end to the unjustifiable financing of people that i would otherwise wouldnt share a high five with, a cup of coffee or my hard earned money (just a little idea of the people i had to deal with along the years in order to get a little something to smoke).
I am done with smoking bud that was messed with or tortured.
From now on only homemade stuff for me and the mrs :)
I am proud to introduce myself to this here wonderful community, so here we go:
Hey all, I am Jimbory and I am a first time grower:Namaste:
So lets get to it, shall we...
It is a bedroom grow, so i had to think alot about noise and heat, therefore I decided to go with LED (combined with CFL in flower). ventilation was an issue, considering that i couldnt lead my air duct out to the window.
I decided to go with a grow tent. things have changed since i first started studying about growing. back in the old days all i read about were home made closets and rooms. I am glad i get to enjoy the new systems that require less time spent in setup building and thinking, cause a man has got to work...
I can go on in many words about my setup but I will use the beautiful introduction given in the lovely "How to make a grow journal" sticky:

What strain is it? Bag seed that seems Indica dominant given by a trusty friend
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Flower
If in Flower stage... For how long? 8 days
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? hydro shop mix 50/5o coco and perlite
If soil... What size pot? 6.5 liters
Size of light? Led 140W and 4xCFL 45W
Is it aircooled? a 4 inch 160 td silent extractor fan connected to a coal filter, a 4 inch intake fan and another small hanging fan blowing on top of canvas
Temp of Room/cab? day remp around 26-30c (any advice about taking it lower will be appreciated) night temp around 20-22c
RH of Room/cab? 35-50% day and up to 60-78% at night (i am waiting on some dehumidifying eggs to arrive, and meanwhile i am using some dehumidifying solutions for home
PH of media or res? 6.3 - 6.5
Any Pests ? some gnats or fruit flies (nothing bad using a sticky trap to deal with it)
How often are you watering? 3-4 days
Type and strength of ferts used? Biobizz's grow, bloom, top max and heaven last given nutes were 2ml/l B grow, 2ml/l B heaven, 1ml/l B bloom and 1ml/l Top max Would appreciate addvice about them from anyone who uses or had any experience.
The grow tent that i am using is the DR60 by secret jardin, it seems to have a few light leaks but we are trying really hard not to turn on any lights in the room after dark.
Timer is set on 12/12 dark from 7pm to 7am, to offer the best darkness conditions.
The plants were vegged for a month before i switched the light.
I started off with 6 seedlings and preformed some easy lst on them in order to expose more colas when the time would come. I did so thinking about the penetration of cfl and my led.
after a week of flowering they stareted to show their true colors and yesterday i had to kill two of my babies after they have shown unwanted ball sacks.
I was relieved because the tent i am using is not made for so many grown plants.
ok, so without farther delay, let me introduce you to the girls, be gentle, they are shy...:)
DSC_008331.JPG
DSC_008426.JPG
DSC_013922.JPG
DSC_014416.JPG
DSC_015215.JPG
DSC_015316.JPG
DSC_015512.JPG

I was really trying hard to find pre flowers when there were any :/
DSC_017418.JPG
DSC_017818.JPG
DSC_018220.JPG
DSC_018520.JPG
DSC_019423.JPG
DSC_020016.JPG
DSC_020217.JPG
DSC_020520.JPG

DSC_020818.JPG
DSC_020914.JPG

These are the two males that were banished from my virgins
DSC_020617.JPG

DSC_021022.JPG
DSC_021519.JPG
DSC_021416.JPG
DSC_021217.JPG
DSC_021811.JPG
DSC_021916.JPG
DSC_022011.JPG

That's it for now. I hope that i can get you properly entertained.
Any help would be very appreciated, especially regarding heat, humidity and proper use of my nutes.
I will try to keep this journal updated on at least a weekly basis.
Good times to you all, High times to you all!
Jimbory out

second week of flowering day 2
just watered my girls. they seem happy enough except for a few dry leaves on the bottom, one dry leaf each. it might be because i am watering less now days, every 4 days. I am doing so to try and have the humidity under control. I wonder if it is a good idea by me?
the co2 bottle thingy seems to produce co2 :). I just hope that my constant air circulation allows the plants to absorb some. I cant really allow it to stop because of the high temps that will go crazy if i stop my air circulation.

Light Addict, I cant seem to find any of those bags for selling where I am at. I actually read some good stuff about it. maybe i will run across it too at some point.

Looking good brother!

I believe Coco/Perlite at 50/50 would be considered a hydro setup and therefore you'd want to maintain a pH closer to 5.8, buuuttt you aren't showing any problems, so things must be working okay.

Also, think about adding Cal/Mag supplement as well. Coco absorbs a lot and doesn't allow the plant to take it. Also, LED seem to cause Cannabis to want more Cal/Mag. Now that you are in flower, it'll be an important addition going forward.

you know, i might have been completely wrong, i just assumed it was the coco perlite mix, because the guy from the shop where i bought it from said that it didnt hold anything, but he may have mistaken.
the soil holds a solid ph of aprox 6.5 since the start.
that place only had two types of soil, so if it is not it, it is probably the other one which is a soil based with coco and perlite, enriched with humus and vermiculite.
they also say its acidic.
honestly i am just not sure.
it seems to work fine so far.
about the cal\mag i was thinking about it, i am just not sure where to buy. i will take your advise though and intensify me search. thanks!
ps. i thought that maybe the tab water that i am using might hold the necessary calcium and mag which is required. any ideas on that?

I would have a link posted on my signature I just don't know how to do it yet! Lol!

And I feel your pain. Because so much we have accomplished over the past two months I couldn't have done it without her.

Check out the video guide in my Signature on how to change up your signature.

you know, i might have been completely wrong, i just assumed it was the coco perlite mix, because the guy from the shop where i bought it from said that it didnt hold anything, but he may have mistaken.
the soil holds a solid ph of aprox 6.5 since the start.
that place only had two types of soil, so if it is not it, it is probably the other one which is a soil based with coco and perlite, enriched with humus and vermiculite.
they also say its acidic.
honestly i am just not sure.
it seems to work fine so far.
about the cal\mag i was thinking about it, i am just not sure where to buy. i will take your advise though and intensify me search. thanks!
ps. i thought that maybe the tab water that i am using might hold the necessary calcium and mag which is required. any ideas on that?

Ok. Sounds like it soil with coco and perlite just added for drainage, so that's good, your pH is spot on then.

Typically tap water with Calcium and Magnesium might be enough added to your nutrient lineup and the micros in those, but anytime you run LED lighting you want to supplement more. For some reason the LED just makes the plant use more of it. Look into GH CALiMAGic or Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus. Both can be purchased on amazon

Back
Top Bottom