Devilish's - 4 x Lavender Crack - Scrog - Grow

devilish

Hey guys. been awhile again lol.

Here is my current run. I switched from a single 1000w HPS on a Light Rail to 4 P600's.

Im not sure how often I will be able to keep this updated as I have no net again...So I have to go to a friends house and use theirs lol. I will do what I can to keep this updated.

So now on to the DETAILS.....

What strain is it? Lavander Crack(Lavender x Green Crack)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid Unknown Percentages
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? Started March 5th from seed
If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? ProMix Hp, FF OF, Worm Castings
If soil... What size pot? 5 Gal
Size of light? 4 Platinum P600 LED's
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 70-75 Lights On, 60-65 Lights Out
RH of Room/cab? 35-45% 24 Hrs a day
PH of media or res? N/A
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? When Needed, Bucket Lift Method
Type and strength of ferts used? N/A Until Flower then Custom Blend/Mix

Ok so I actually Started these 2 seeds on March 5th. I didn't take the first photo until they went under LED. I started them under T5 so I didn't absolutely destroy them with the LED's as I am new to using them. I also was set back a little because I had the LED's set at 24" above the canopy and I burned them in VEG only mode. So I took them out from the LED's and placed them back under the T5's until they recovered. I then raised the LED's up to 40" and put them back under. Been nothing but smooth sailing since.

So Now I will start with pics of the LED's...The Beautiful sexxy things that they are...

IMG_33028.JPG
IMG_329910.JPG
IMG_33008.JPG

11086973_947002508665728_744001769_n.jpg
11093285_947002015332444_421090432_n.jpg
11081707_947001985332447_953926609_n.jpg
11081659_947001455332500_10431194_n.jpg

And Now The Plants from as close to start as possible till now.
IMG_330110.JPG
11134285_954558947910084_952152285_n.jpg
11130718_954558927910086_959986875_n.jpg
11100652_958481347517844_2040292431_n.jpg
11127455_958481294184516_259942114_n.jpg
IMG_329411.JPG
IMG_32958.JPG
IMG_32967.JPG
11198985_967609653271680_1293428138_n.jpg
11160175_967609773271668_1827837197_n.jpg

I took them out from the lights for the last picture so I could check for any Nut/Pest/Disease Issues...

Thanks for stopping in and looking at my Journal!!!!!

Impressive setup :thumb:

Looks like the most effective way to cover that area to get high quality and a good yield.

Only thing I would change are the JoJo hangers, I don't know what they are rated but 2 P600 at 2 hangers is to dangerous.
Double that or install some safety belt to sleep well.

I got a P 150 a P450 and a new P 600 so I know how heavy they are :grinjoint:

What I have seen is that you have to be careful for the first 2 - 5 days und LED.
I just put them a bit on the side and then move them more under the light every 2nd day to not burn them.

Impressive setup :thumb:

Looks like the most effective way to cover that area to get high quality and a good yield.

Only thing I would change are the JoJo hangers, I don't know what they are rated but 2 P600 at 2 hangers is to dangerous.
Double that or install some safety belt to sleep well.

I got a P 150 a P450 and a new P 600 so I know how heavy they are :grinjoint:

What I have seen is that you have to be careful for the first 2 - 5 days und LED.
I just put them a bit on the side and then move them more under the light every 2nd day to not burn them.

Do you mean Yoyo Hangers? If so I don't use Them. They are garbage for hanging lights in my opinion. I use ratchet hangers. Each hanger is rated at 75lbs. So 2 is 150lbs. 2 P600's on the mounting rack don't even weight in at 75lbs. The P600 only weighs in at 24lbs a light. I'm lucky if the hanger per 2 lights weighs 10lbs as it is made of aluminum. I have plenty of leeway. And all the hardware for mounting, the J hooks, Carabiners etc are all rated for 600+lbs each. I appreciate your concern but I built the hangers the way I did to support the weight and cost of those lights. That's alot of $$$ that no one wants crashing to the ground lol.

I love mine doesn't raise the temps much at all and my box is vented to the room it's in that's it with out any ac I need to drop my humidity about 10% and I will be happy for my first run in a new part of the country. Looks great keep up the good work

Yeah my temps stay pretty solid to...I have a massive exhaust fan though...16" and 1600cu ft of air per minute...if my temps get to hot I adjust my timer to kick on not frequent lol. No need for AC for me as the temp outside my room is 60-65°F on the hottest summer days. Heat is a different story. I have to supplement heat in the winter. But I got my hands on a 30,000 BtU RV furnace that works amazingly well. I just have it powered by a Computer Power Supply.

IMG_33687.JPG
IMG_33698.JPG
IMG_34116.JPG
IMG_34125.JPG
IMG_34136.JPG
IMG_34148.JPG

Again I took one out to show Health and color, check for pests etc. I put it next to another plant that I started at the same time that stayed under T5 to show the difference. The small Plant is Red Dragon and is Sativa Dominant and should have grown faster than the Lavender Crack which is an Indica Dom strain. Everything is IDENTICAL, Soil Mix, Nutes, Feed Schedule. Everything! With the Exception of Lighting and Strain.
I vegged the Lavender Crack for 30 days under the LED and then switched to flower.
I have a Single 8 Bulb T5 that's running at 420w, a 4 bulb T5 that's running at 216w and a 4 bulb T12 running at 160w. so that totals 796w of lighting in my veg area. Now I have 4 P600's in Veg mode running at 184w each, now thats 736w of lighting. Not much less in power consumption but with a FAR FAR FAR greater growth rate. So to anyone doubting the PURE AWESOMENESS of the Platinum series, look at the 2 pics below....

IMG_34543.JPG
IMG_34555.JPG

I am so very happy with my purchase of these lights. Yeah, I PURCHASED these, I am not sponsored in any way and Yeah, I shelled out over $2k for lights I wasn't 100% sold on lol, but they came with a 90 day guarantee that I liked.

TBH I was very skeptical even after reading through many of the Platinum grows here(Curso, Doc Bud, Poly, Tavovso aka PakaloloHawaii, Gov, etc.) sponsored or not, I was still skeptical because the results appeared too good to be true. Well now I can verify. And on top of all that, you can tell by the case that I have the latest and greatest ones to hit...I waited 3 months for them to hit and I couldn't be Happier! Sorry I been off here for far to long, I have been busy learning how to use the P600's, Learning to Scrog, Preparing for my 20 plant Scrog outdoor...Been real real real busy!

I think that I will only Scrog from now on! I'm really liking the results. I cant wait to see the results come harvest time. I know what this strain can do under HPS. The guy that created it puts plants into flower 9 days after they show their first true set of leaves. They get about 3' tall and produce 6-8oz each. He usually runs 6-8 under 3 1000w HPS lights....No reason I can out do that with 2 on 3' x 3' nets with these lights. Jgutta22g, in due time I am sure you will be able to scrog. But really you can do it anywhere in anything that is the beauty of it. I was looking at people that did a scrog in a PC tower and then guys that were doing them to their outdoor plants....There is no area too large or too small if you are determined enough!

For how I wanna do it and max out my plant count I need to add a dedicated scrog tent/box so I can veg and flower just a scrog in and still have another space to just have 4 plants to flower in. But I might try it on my current setup after I get the HiBrix down

For how I wanna do it and max out my plant count I need to add a dedicated scrog tent/box so I can veg and flower just a scrog in and still have another space to just have 4 plants to flower in. But I might try it on my current setup after I get the HiBrix down

I agree with wanting to max out your potential...Lol I was the same way now there is no way I can put 60 plants in my area...I just maxed out with patients. Phew...Got some work ahead of me...

I went with the Scrog because of how much better it is supposed to perform vs doing nothing training wise, and I was sick of the little popcorn/hash buds...I figured I would try it on this run with only 2 plants so I didn't get overwhelmed. If it does well I will be removing those 3x3 nets and building an L shaped one that is 8' on the large side and 5' on the short side with an net size per plant of 32" x 32". 4 plants will each have a net that size.

And I will have to adjust how my lights are hanging...just want to center them over the plants a little better. OCD...not that they aren't performing as advertised, just personal preference...

60 is a lot but if you have a system down I am sure it won't be as bad as it sounds once I find a new job I will be on the hunt for a bigger place where I can have a dedicated grow space with all the bells and whistles a 4 plant scrog would be great. I think a some old is a good thing

I would remove most of the fan leaf now at least all with more than green color.

I actually just did! well I started to. I dont like to remove so much at once so I span it out over a couple days lol. I took these pictures before I started to remove some of the large leaves that were not 75% or more green. I will take pictures again tonight and try to get them on here soon.

I am now feeding 1x a week with teas (Custom Experimental blend of; kelp, Fish Emulsion, Alfalfa, Humus/Compost, EWC, Molasses and Floralicious). I add in Microbes every watering. Either this strain really likes what I am doing or I got something right!

Back
Top Bottom