ChefDG's Very First Plant - Soil - LED - MG

Hello 420mag community!
I'm very pleased to bring you my very first grow and journal. I'm doing this more or less for experience of the cannabis grow cycle, as this is my first plant. Because she is solo, I will be ecstatic if anything smokable is yielded. This is a very low budget grow, I'm basically taking the theoretical knowledge I've accrued and putting it to the test.
Bucket Size - 1.5qt seedling pot/5 gal pot
Medium - western family all purpose top soil
Lights - (1) 135w LED panel, 45x3w
Nutrients - MG 12-4-8 for veg, flowering nutes TBD
Strain(s) - Bag seeds presumably Alien OG
# of Plants: 1
Yield : tbd hopefully something
image24972.jpg

image24971.jpg

Day twelve or so..still nice and perky. Watering every other day sometimes everyday
image24970.jpg

Day fourteen. She looked droopy in her seedling cup so I transplanted her.
image24969.jpg

Top down day 16. Back on track after transplant
image24973.jpg

Day 16 pic 2. Different angle, in the sun. I also raised the lamp, maybe she'll put on a little height.

My good man!

I really hope it's a feminized or at the least a female. Bag seeds should never be planted with yield in mind as a solo. Sometimes it brakes right after the first week or two of flowering when you find out it's a male.

Setup looks good though for one!

YoCeE

Yeah! I don't care about yield at all. I've just been dying to grow some seed out. I was out of fresh herb so I packed a bowl from a freezer stash of rando nug and saw a weird brown lump.. So I pulled it out and it was a viable seed! Cup of water over night, then into a moist paper towel until the root popped. I'm going to play with fimming and bending, regardless of sex, just to get some good experience. If she turns out female and I get to try my hand at drying and curing, all the better!!

She's got a good four and a half feet of available growing height... So I'm gonna try to get her as big as possible. Once my soil hits it's dry phase I'm going to go ahead with the first nute feeding 1/4tsp 12-4-8 concentrated liquid plant food in a gallon of water... Probably only feed once a week... If she takes to the nutes well, I will fim the following couple days

I have to ask, does MG mean Miracle Gro? Not knocking it, I've definately used it before. I was trying to Google the nutes and it keeps going to Miracle Gro. I used it on several grows I did in the beginning then I shook things up drastically and started using Fox Farm, but I wanna try some others now too.

:passitleft:

Yes MG is miracle grow, sorry for not clarifying. After speaking to my dad it was apparent you can use their products if you're very very careful, less is more.. For the price, it seemed like the right route to take for a first/solo plant grow.

I always used it at 1/4 strength. I'd make up a gallon, then pour one fourth into another plastic jug, then add more water. It worked really good for me. I used the bloom booster too and it worked really well. I just wanted to try some different ones and see if there is really a difference. When I first started I never thought I'd be able to actually grow anything :laugh:

I tried the Vigaro stuff too. It was about the same on cannabis. It worked well.

.... used the bloom booster too and it worked really well....

MiracleGro bloom booster??

Here's a pic of the whole room so you guys can see what I'm working with
image25127.jpg

Yes the Miracle Gro Bloom Booster. They used to call it something else, I forgot what it was. I think Super Bloom. It has purple on the front of the box now.

Bit of an update here. Fed her nutes about 12 hours ago. on the advice of my father, i used 1/2tsp/gal instead of 1/4tsp as i had originally planned. She seems very happy and has roots growing out of her drain holes. I purchased a 6 gallon pot that i prepped to transplant into, if all is well i may move her in the next couple days.

Now would be a perfect time. The recent feeding will have the soil moist and the nutes will help her bounce back quickly. :thumb:

Thanks dan, now i gotta somehow get it out of the ceramic..

Back
Top Bottom