Jahmid - 1st Time Grow - Autos - Greenhouse - UK - 2015

jahmid

Hello,

So after a few years of wanting to try, growing my own weed, I've decided to give it a go. I bought 4, 90% female Indica, auto flowering seeds called cream caramel. After doing a lot of research over the internet, I found there are so many different methods and tips to growing weed, that I felt lost. So I've decided to keep it simple for my first attempt.

im going to plant them on Saturday. So here's my strategy :

Germinate my seeds in their final pots, using a light mix soil with 30% perlite (flushed). I bought 15L pots, I was supposed to get 5L! Walking round Wilkinson's mashed looking for pots is not the one. Do these seem a bit to big? I also brought a cheap standard greenhouse (funds are low).

Then leave for 2 weeks to settle, and sprout. After 2 weeks start feeding them (not sure what i'm using yet, but it will be all organic/natural). Then when there ready, obviously harvest :volcano-smiley:

I'm sure ill pick up a few tips on the way, but that's my bass. I do have a couple of questions though.

-How do I change the PH of water? Or what type of water can I use for the best results.
-I worry about ventilation, don't want any types of fungus, especially rot! Is it worth just leaving the door open throughout the day (fuck the neighbours). or creating my own intake and exhaust holes? if so where?

I'll update on Saturday with photos after I've planted them, with a photo of the greenhouse.

Im going to keep this grow simple, if anyone has any advice it would be appreciated. I'm fully dedicated.

1st post by the way,

Thanks,

and Peace

Jahmid

Nutes. I recommend not using them till they are about a month old. Then you should gradually add them in. Just my opinion.

ph. Needs to be around 5.8 to 6.7 This depends on what medium you are using. You can buy filtered water already at that level. Or you can use tap water.
If you use this method I recommend letting it set out a day or two. Then test with strips or a ph meter. Highly recommend getting one. If it it dose not read at the 5.3 to 6.8 add some white vinegar. Not much though. About 1 teaspoon per gallon.

Remember. Less stress better off you are. Good luck. Were here to help.

Cheers jrd,

I read that I should start adding nutes, when you see the first stems grow from the plant? Either way I will wait before I add nutrients.

So today, I put my greenhouse together. and created my soil mix with a low nutrient soil/perlite. I went to a local garden centre for the soil and perlite, when I asked for a low nute soil mix they started asking questions, which I was not prepared for :) by the sounds of things, not many people buy light soils. "so what are you growing?" "oh, just some plants"

I tried a few different shops, but could not find a PH tester, or any distilled water! I ended up buying a natural spring water with a PH of 6.1, but being spring water it has minerals. I flushed my pots with the bottled water and some rain water. will this be ok? or should I definitely get a PH tester

I have left the pots in the greenhouse to warm up, I am unsure whether to plant the seeds this evening or tomorrow? Some advice would be appreciated. My neighbours seem to have taken a liking to my greenhouse too :) She gave me a book on growing vegetables and herbs :) Just hope they don't take a sneaky look.

I feel like I should have prepared myself more, but I want to keep this grow simple, im not looking for a mega harvest. Just as long as I get a nice stash for myself ill be happy.

The photos below show:

:The ingredients of the water I used, could someone review this for me and let me know whether ive made a major mistake or not?
:The greenhouse, which in late afternoon doesn't get much sunlight on the right hand side. But I will make sure the plants stay to the left. Im happy for them to be enclosed, keeps them out of my neighbours eyes.
:and my 5L plant pots, the 15L pots just seemed way to big.

Im still worried about the ventilation when they start to grow, if I leave the door open throughout the day will this give them enough ventilation?

Any criticism, or helpful response are very welcome.

Cheers,

Jahmid
IMG_0036123.JPG
IMG_0035127.JPG
IMG_0031142.JPG
IMG_0033146.JPG
IMG_0034137.JPG

It looks fine to me. They need sunlight, but doesn't always have to be direct k light.

I recommend finding a ph meter. Try your local grow shop, not the nursery. Light soil mix is ok. Did the bag happen to have a npk value on it. It will look 12-12-12. This just an example.
I grow plants also. Just started this year's crop. Germinated my seeds for a few days, and just got them into there starter pots this morning.

Looks good so far to me.

Ill make sure I grab a ph meter tomorrow. As for the soil, I cant find any npk value? the soil is J. Arthur Bowers, John Innes No.1 to be fair it sounds like a pretty decent soil.

Do you have a grow journal jrd?

thanks for the tips :tokin:

Ive decided to wait until tomorrow evening to plant the seeds in the pots. Though it would be best to let the soil heat up in the greenhouse tomorrow, as seeds like warm, moist, dark places to germinate right?

Yes. I have a journal. I'll get you a link.

You said previously you were asking for a low nute soil. Then you say it didn't have a no npk value on it.

To me this is good. You don't wanna get soil that already has nutes. Reason is you can't control them. Example. MG soil with time release. Every time you water it slowly releases nutes, then you add your own nutes, and guess what. They burn up.
All in all great choice on no nutes soil.

Seeds like most dark places to germ, but they also need warmth. This is what I germ in a zip lock bag.

Works twice as fast as just putting them in soil. I've tried both Techniques.
After all this is not my first grow. I enjoy answering questions, and giving advice. This site is great. Journal starts slow but it will pick up. Love this community.

Haven't had the chance to properly check out your journals yet, but I will have a good look tomorrow! Cheers.

Just a quick one, my neighbour is loving the fact I've got a greenhouse and im starting to panic a bit. He knows his stuff, he's even given me a chili plant! I bought a tomato plant for a bit of camouflage, will get some other plants tomorrow, but what can i say if he asked what's in my pots? :)

Seeds were planted this afternoon! I've covered to pots with cling film to keep the humidity high, until I see them sprout. I took photos, which ill post with the next set.

Now I'm pissed off! it's been 72 hours and no sign of germination, with the exception of 1 (which I can see a tiny bit of green just breaking through the soil). With this I decided to grab some tweezers and brush away the soil surrounding the seeds, to see what's going on. 2 seeds don't look any different to when I planted them, one seed looks split in two but nothing else, and the other is starting to germinate.

Can anyone tell me whether I have ruined my chances even further by checking them out? or can they still grow?

I don't mean to get deep on everyone, but I feel like I've already put a lot of effort into these plants, for them to not even germ. If they don't work, I will have missed the short English summer slot in which to grow some weed outside, and will be thoroughly hacked off!

Or am I just being impatient? Hope it's the latter.

Sound

It's impatience. It's ok remember when trying to germinate in soil it can take up to two weeks for a seed to show a sign of life.

If it happens to be longer than two weeks maybe it's a bad seed. It happens.

Got four that germinated for me. I put them in soil and nothing has happened. So you wait be patient. And don't water the seedlings to much. Just make sure it's damp not soaked.

My seeds have now all germinated, one of which should shed its seed casing today (ill upload photos when they are all going well). I flushed my 5L pots before planting the seeds, but its been about a week now. Although the top still looks wet, when I dip my finger into the soil none of it sticks to my finger. I was hoping I wouldn't have to water them, but now im starting to wonder? I hear of people over watering and don't want to do this, but to me it looks like they could do with a little water.

sound

It's nearly been 2 weeks since I planted my seeds now,

One is growing well, showing two leaves, with another set coming.

Another im sure has died, think it had trouble getting rid of its shell.

The other two have grown, but cant seem to shift the seed casing.

Im getting worried that these two will have the same fate as the dead plant, if they don't rid themselves of the casing soon?
Like I said it has been almost 2 weeks now, im hoping again, that its impatience (re-assurance please :)) But if it not, what am I doing wrong?

Also I had flushed the pots before planting, but they dried out a few days ago, so I've been steadily feeding them small amounts of water (rain water, tested with ph strips, aprox 6.3)

Here is a photo of each of them

IMG_0041100.JPG

IMG_0042103.JPG

IMG_004397.JPG

IMG_004499.JPG

Any constructive criticism/advice more than welcome, or even some re-assurance to stop me panicking!

Come on jrd you've been my rock so far on this stressful journey

Cheers,

Jahmid

oh yeh the last one is the dead one by the way! Sorry for the sideways view on the photos, not sure how to change it.

Back
Top Bottom