First Outdoor Grow For High Elevation About 4,500

Lady Vadalon

This will be my first outdoors adventure with a short growing season.

For this grow the plants will stay in pots so they can be transported to shelter if needed.

3 Auto ( feminized) = Critical Jack Herer ( First time)
3 (feminized) Widow Bomb

Soil= Fox farm Worrier for now. Next will be FoxFarm Ocean

Lighting= T8's and Sun

Seeds started May 12, 2015
Seeds Sprout May 17, 2015

Journal start June 4, 2015

I have no Photos as of right now. I know how visual is loved.
I have managed to drop my plants twice and have wounded two of the newlines. I am going to start two more seeds this weekend and cut the ones I wounded and see if they will clone. I have nothing to loose by doing this. I am just glad that the two that got hurt were not the autos.

My Led's started to wilt them so I changed over to T8's for the cold weather days.
Last weekend they got sunburned so this weekend I will shelter them with a bit of screen. Cold nights and Hot days. I am in transition once more from one location to the next so the babies have been traveling a lot. Thank goodness they don't get car sick. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Subscribed Lady Vadalon, front row first chair. :high-five:

Tell me? are you "THE" Lady "V"? If yes it has been awhile. :Namaste: If not then I look forward to watching your out door grow. :love:

By the way, my old handle was "60cal" :thedoubletake:

I went back and checked my old subscriptions and there you were. I'm glad your back Lady "V". You and Sista Cannafan are a site for soar eyes.

WELCOME HOME :circle-of-love::cheer::love::high-five::volcano-smiley:

To much? :thedoubletake:

AKA 60cal

Yep its me. Relocating once more. I think I like controled over the outdoor thing. But that could change. How have you been? :)

Good to see you Lady "V", always a fun journal.

As for me I'm still stuck in this hell hole with the landlords in the back yard. Should be moved by the end of Summer.

June_5_2015_widow_bomb_mending.jpg

Wow my photos bite. this is the mending one one of the Widow Bomb's I lost two of them.

June_5_2015_widow_bomb_burn.jpg

Sun Burn

June_5_2015_Widow_Bomb.jpg

I think this is from to much sun as well but it could be from the drop. It has no root system only the tap root still after three weeks :(

Small Update:

I ended up cutting two of the Widow bomb seedlings because I had dropped and broke them. It took a bit of time but they rerooted.
June_14_2015_WB_roots.jpg

On the 13th of June The Critical Jack H-autos went into their larger pots.

Today I went out to look at them and this is what I found. It is doing the taco fold. ??? Could this be because of very little humidity? I do not think that it has to do with nutrients. Two of three are doing this. They are in Foxfarm soil and should not need anything for awhile yet. I sure miss controlled growing. Should I be misting them in the evening or early morning? The PH is 6.5 so that is all good :hmmmm:

June_18_2015_taco.jpg

This Critical Jack H_Auto is doing really well. That is what has me so baffled with the other two.
Photo taken June 19,2015
IMG-20150619-01790.jpg

Keep at it Lady "V", that baby is looking good. Are you keeping this grow on the down low? Or just haven't asked anybody to get over here yet?

I have not said much with this grow. I have been traveling back and forth a lot from my place to my new place trying to get my apt ready to move into. It is an old portable house from the log days in the 1920'3 -- 1940's. One more weekend of restoration at the new place then three weeks to sale almost every thing I own at the old place. So much going on.

I took a screen and put it over the top of the plants and sprayed it with water on and off all day and some of the leaves are uncurling/folding from the taco shape. I believe it is lack of humidity. My camera on my phone took a dump on me so I have no photos.

I do not know what is making the plant do this. I have been foliating with a Silica and vit B spray
Critical_Jack_Herer_3_June_29_2015.jpeg

The foliating spray of Silica and vit b helped her but she still looks dehydrated. any suggestions would be helpful :Namaste: and it is Herer not heter Gees I am doing good today

Critical_Jack_Herer_2_June_29_2015.jpeg

High Lady "V", I asked a top notch grower to come over and take a look for you. He's off line right now, but, I'm sure if he gets over here he can help. This is how I learn. :cheesygrinsmiley:

lol thanks RSOiler! =)

When leaves "taco" or "canoe" upwards its almost always heat stress. I can tell also the blades of your leaves are pointing up. They may still be adjusting to the powerful sunlight. If its really hot where you are I might would put them in shade through the hottest part (2 hours) of the day and let them adjust as high temps will cause this. Some are more sensitive to light.

The last photo you posted you circled something? Im not sure what you circled. Make sure that you are not spraying your plants during the hottest part of the day as it can burn them. I see a little bit of "clawing" which can indicate your soil is "hot" with nutrients. It looks like they will be ok once they grow more as I dont see any nute burn anywhere just the clawing.

They are looking good though. As long as the heat stress doesnt get to bad where its killing her you will be fine. Make sure your soil is drying out good before you water it.

Subbed! Cant wait to see how these grow with sunlight!

You Rock HunterNitro. :Namaste:

Lady "V", you might want to check out HunterNitros journal. :drool:

Keep at it Lady "V", that baby is looking good. Are you keeping this grow on the down low? Or just haven't asked anybody to get over here yet?
I know, right. Like finding a new favorite restaurant when you get lost I bumped into this thread. :popcorn:

lol thanks RSOiler! =) It looks like they will be ok once they grow more as I dont see any nute burn anywhere just the clawing.
Seems as though Nitro has you covered completely. I was going to say the same thing as above. It's early in the game and they've just been through some stress is all.

Awww Why not sub into another thread? I'm here if you'll have me LadyV. :love:

HI Lady V!
Sorry I didn't pop over here sooner. I'm a second shifter, your message came in while I was working. :)

I totally agree with HunterNitro. It looks like a classic case of heat stress. When the leaves curl onto themselves like that, they are trying to protect themselves from the heat. They do look dry on the edges too.

Personally, I would just use plain PH'd water to mist them. And putting them in the shade for a bit is a good idea too. :)

I cooked some small seedlings a couple weeks ago by putting them out in the bright sun and heat without slowly letting them adjust. They never recovered. I boo boo'd and had them sitting on top of a METAL outdoor wood burner trying to keep them out of reach of critters. Cooked them from bottom to top. DOH!

You'll be fine following that excellent advice. :)

Back
Top Bottom