Perpetual Ghetto Dungeon - AKA The Snake Farm

GhettoGro

Welcome Farmers! I plan to run several strains in a perpetual grow so I intend to cover them all here rather than bounce around several different journals. Everyone feel free to ask questions, give input or just call me a dumbass if you feel it is warranted.

I grew some plants as a teenager growing up in the sticks in the 1970's. All I did was put beans from my brown Mexican dirtweed in the ground and water them. Surprisingly, I actually had a few good harvest of some pretty good weed. Anything was better than the dirt brick back then though. Then it was off to college and into the workforce in the city. I continued to smoke over the years but it wasn't until much later in life that I decided to try my hand at growing again. By this time I had met and married my second wife and moved in with her. Under our house was a crawl space that her previous boyfriend had set up with multiple terrariums for raising pythons, boa constrictors and the mice to feed them. I spent a few days clearing his mess out and brought in some pots, dirt and a few small lights and began this wonderful hobby.

I popped my first seeds on April 20, 2005. I had no idea what I was doing so when the plants were almost dead I got on the interwebz and found a forum similar to this one. With the help of some people like y'all, the grow was salvaged and I ended up with about 6 onces of some decent home grown. I was hooked on growing in no time. I invested in "real" lights and equipment and learned a lot over the next five years and cranked out lots of killer stash.

About six years ago I had to shut it all down as my wife's grandson became a teenager started getting hip to the operation and was having lots of his friends over. Broke my heart, it did. It was like my dog had died not having a grow to tend. About two years ago the grandson left for college and I cranked the grow back up. I wrestled with my first couple of grows after starting back and realized that it wasn't as easy as I remembered. I then got back on the interweb and found you guys. Thank you all for being here and willing to share your knowledge. I have met many great people here so far. Too many names to mention. You know who you are!

My Setup:

Indoor Perpetual Grow

Soil - Current mix= 50% ProMix BH / 50% Fox Farms Ocean Forrest / extra perlite added
Pot sizes — 16oz Solo for seedlings / 1gal for veg / 3.5gal or 5gal for flower
Lighting — CFL for seedlings and clones / fluorescent tubes for veg / HPS for flower
1000W and 600W HPS in air cooled hoods vented by 430CFM exhaust fan
Temps - Low temp 60F lights off (winter) / 80F lights on (summer)
RH - 40% to 80% depending on season and weather
Water - Using tap water adjusted to 6.2-6.5 PH / Water as needed when the pots get light
Nutrients — Currently using Advanced Nutrient trio, Grow/Bloom/Micro
Pests — Only the wife's mooch-ass grandson trying to sneak in and snatch a bud when he's here

veg-sta.jpg

flower-tent.jpg

Let's get this party started!

First up: Bomb — THC Bomb (regular)

Type: Indica/Sativa Mix
Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor/Outdoor
Plant Height: Short (65-90cm)
Indoor Flowering: 7-9 Weeks
THC: Very High (20-25%)
Yield: Very High (550-650g/m²)
Stoned/High: Strong, all round buzz

beans5.jpg

veg-5day-1.jpg

veg-5day-2.jpg

10 out of 10 beans popped and going! Grab a bong and hold on! It's going down!

~GG

Welcome OD and DV! This may not be the best example of how to grow, but it will be an example of how little it takes to grow a thriving weed. I love this weed and it doesn't take much to get great buds. I was an "overachiever" in the beginning, but now I have realized that you can get nice buds by following a few simple rules. Don't feed/water too much and let the plants grow themselves. You can't force progress. Just provide the environment and they will grow themselves. Welcome to the "slacker method".

I have realized that you can get nice buds by following a few simple rules. Don't feed/water too much and let the plants grow themselves. You can't force progress. Just provide the environment and they will grow themselves..

Sounds about right to me :clap: Good luck sir can't wait to see those plants grow. Feel free to stop by my journal as well!

Welcome OD and DV! This may not be the best example of how to grow, but it will be an example of how little it takes to grow a thriving weed. I love this weed and it doesn't take much to get great buds. I was an "overachiever" in the beginning, but now I have realized that you can get nice buds by following a few simple rules. Don't feed/water too much and let the plants grow themselves. You can't force progress. Just provide the environment and they will grow themselves. Welcome to the "slacker method".

GG,
Slacker method....lol. Yea, that's pretty much my philosophy. I like to think i fit somewhere in there. :)
As much as I admire high maintenance training: ie:scrogs, I'm much too lazy to touch em everyday.
Your strain intrigues me. My buddy MassMedMan (better known as M3) swears by these beans and his grow showed me they are high yielders. You got 10 of em? Sheettt! You about to be swimming in buds mane.:smokin:

Welcome Canad, Mr A and Stage! :welcome:

These things are growing like crazy so far. I have had to raise the light every other day. They will probably be ready for transplant to 8" pots (1gal) in another week. I still have a few hours of trimming ahead of me today, but will get some update pics up tomorrow.

In the meantime, here is a "way-back" picture. This was the FIRST grow picture I ever made. The beans were planted 4-20-2005. The pots are sitting where I eventually built a plywood floor and set up my flower tent.
first-pic.jpg

We all have to start somewhere. :thumb:

~GG

Subscribed GhettoGro.

Welcome Canad, Mr A and Stage! :welcome:

These things are growing like crazy so far. I have had to raise the light every other day. They will probably be ready for transplant to 8" pots (1gal) in another week. I still have a few hours of trimming ahead of me today, but will get some update pics up tomorrow.

In the meantime, here is a "way-back" picture. This was the FIRST grow picture I ever made. The beans were planted 4-20-2005. The pots are sitting where I eventually built a plywood floor and set up my flower tent.
first-pic.jpg

We all have to start somewhere. :thumb:

~GG

GG,
Read your intro and your story is similar to mine. Not new to growing, were just...renewed.
It all started out as a humble attempt to get some bud....and turned into a passion untapped!
Here is one of my 1st attempt at this. My 1st real grow was in 02. I guess this makes us OG's? :)

back_in_the_day_Mar8th_New_Start_034.jpg
back_in_the_day_gardening_may29_012.jpg

If you peeked in my journal, you will notice I still use my ebb flow kit from way back. Thanks for letting me share.:smokin:

Did you say....The fireplace??:hmmmm:.....Genius! :clap:

Yep. Did the same thing. Molded half my harvest by adding lemon peels. Noob shit.:smokin:

OD,
Yep. You guessed it.:laughtwo:
It did add some aroma but not so sure about the flavor part.:Rasta:

Grow Update - 9 Days Veg

They are taking off!
veg-9days-1.jpg

Wow, y'alls first grows look professional compared to mine. I had Miracle-Gro potting soil in those buckets and the lights were the GE flood-type "grow bulbs" as they called them. They actually put out more heat than usable light. I sorted all that out before the end. Thanks to help from growers online like y'all.

Here is the first grow just before harvest. Fall 2005. I had bought my 1000w HPS to flower them.
Note the clawed up leaves. They were root-bound as heck.
86days.JPG

My very First Chop!!! - Fall 2005 - I ended up with 7.25oz from 3 plants.
92days-ILean-chop.JPG

I have had fun looking through my old pics tonight. I got some fun stuff that I had forgotten about.

~GG

Back
Top Bottom