New Grow Started - Grow Number 4

Jwhat201

Hi everyone my Blue Dynamite girl has about 3 or 4 weeks left, she's actually surviving and budding luckily, I thought she was done for a while ago. :)

So decided to try 2 plants this time, unknown seeds was from good bud though. Same soil just a versatile potting soil I found outside the store. Has perlite, bark compost. Same lights mostly CFL and some LED.

Started germination 3 days ago, planted them in cups after just a day in cup of water, tap roots out just a bit. One of them is above the soil, looking good but bent down, should straighten out soon towards the light. Other one no sign of life yet, still keeping soil moist hoping for the best!

My main worry here is where I planted two but forgot I only got the set up for one lol. So I'll either be getting a new batch of lights if I have enough after christmas, or have to half mine up and keep the plants small, and do topping, etc.

I'll keep you guys posted thanks for viewing and feel free to check out my other grows!

TPhoto_000111.jpg
TPhoto_00012.jpg
Bad pic but sprout! Starting to turn green it looks like

cool cool. do not get in on the 1st floor very often ;)
I will tell you now though I track like 50 or more different grow journals, so if I have not dropped by and you need help with something, feel free to either PM me or jump over to my journal and let me know you could use a hand. I am always willing to help in any way I can.:thumb:

First sprout is making her way, she's out of the soil now can see the cotelydons and the first set of leaves :). No sign of the other one but just watered both bed soon I'll see what's up tomorrow!

Here she be tonight late on the third day :). Bit of a lean trying to get the cup and light situated right. No biggy though I'd say she'll be good soon. No sign of the other one yet still keeping high hopes though.

TPhoto_00014.jpg

She's still leaning even though I put the light right above her. She'll bend then reach up. Not sure maybe she's just stretching?

Just put a piece of cardboard in the soil, kind of propping her up, on the side with the bend. See if that helps any in the next few days.

Otherwise she's looking good. First leaves are nice and green.

middle of the stem was really thin, and she tipped over. Propped her back up the best I could and added more soil, patted it down. Hoping she will do okay.

Also any tips for very wet soil? It was wet when I bought it and It's still wet. Starting to think this new soil might've been the problem with my last grow. Back to promix when possible but what to do in the meantime with this damp soil?

Second set of leaves coming in there now :), haven't watered since I had to reposition her, new soils damp. I'll water before bed I think. Late on her 4th day since sprout.

I thought my other seed died, so I was digging around in the soil looking for the seed to confirm, and I found the seedling!

I didn't wanna disturb the natural process or get light at the roots so I covered her back up, lighter packed this time, and watered just now with the other one.

Definitely seen the stem and the cotyledons :). Should be up soon I guess. Bed now see how they look tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'm going back to promix getting some real soil because my new seedling is yellow now, and the growth's all bunched together and slow. I'm thinking the ph of this peat moss mix ain't for cannabis. Come to think of it the worst problems came after I bought the stuff. Hopefully I find promix veg and herb over walmart lol, found that stuff great.

These two didn't make it. It gotta be this mix. I picked up a bag of mg garden soil yesterday, for vegetables and flowers, but there's no perlite in it, would this be okay without it? Also would it work in pots? Never noticed any of the details until I got home, I seen Garden Soil and flowers and the NPK so I figured it was complete enough. tried to get a link but failed. It's Miracle Gro Garden Soil Plus for flowers and vegetables, NPK is 0.15-0.05-0.10.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Besides all of that I got another seed in germ and her first home will be left over promix I forgot about, because I know it won't kill anything.

Update when I see something :). Seed sunk right to the bottom of the cup.

quit watering bro,, if the soils damp theres no need to water,, at all,, specially with seedlings,, theyr very tender and actually dont need any water for 5days after sprouting (so ive read on here..)

Was definitely the peat moss that killed those 2. But yea I got a new girl started on her 3rd week of veg in my old promix looking good. Topped her third node, first time topping and got 2 new healthy tops coming in now :). The original top popped back in though what to do there?

I'll update with a bunch of pics from the start until now when I can.

I topped her and ended up with 3 tops but I thought I fucked it up so I took the original top off again.. Haha, but now I know that's a plus and to leave it next time haha.

New tops look good :). One shoot is falling behind not sure why but the others look good.

I spotted some hairs I got a girl :).

Few pics here from tonight week 3 day 5

IMG_20160114_222534.jpg
IMG_20160114_222553.jpg
IMG_20160114_222617.jpg
IMG_20160114_222655.jpg

Back
Top Bottom