Mixed Hydro - Water Culture - Coco/Perlite

Dr Fish

I'm running two Nirvana Supreme CBD Kush, in 75%coco/25% perlite... In the waterfarms L>R, Blackberry x2, and one Blue Mystic.... The only nutrient used throughout grow will be GH Floranova Bloom.... Haven't used any other fertilizer for years.... It's definitely a lazy mans fertilizer.... This is one case where i've found that rolling your own is a waste of time.... my plants don't lie... Works great for water culture or coco/perlite soil less......... Can't get the label to print, but this is the text.

FloraNova® Bloom
Promotes Vigorous Flowering & Fruitset.
• Superb for Hydroponic and Soil Cultivation
• Super Concentrated & pH stabilized
• Outstanding for all kinds of plants
• Use for flowering and fruiting phase
FloraNova represents a breakthrough in fertilizer technology.
Combining the strength of a dry concentrate & consistency of a
liquid. This unique formulation of highly purified minerals, plus
natural additives combine the best of both the hydroponic and
natural gardening methods.
All elements required for hydroponic cultivation are combined
together in this unique one part formulation.
FloraNova is extremely concentrated. A very small amount of
FloraNova mixed with fresh water will provide your plants with
proper nutrition. For hydroponics, soilless mixtures, potted plants in
soil or for your garden grown plants.
Use for all types of plants from early flowering through harvest.
For Best Results:
• Use a conductivity or ppm meter to monitor water quality
and control nutrient strength. Drain, discard and replace
nutrient every week or two to prevent nutrient imbalance.
• Maintain nutrient pH between 5.0 and 6.5. Adjustment may
be necessary since water quality and pH vary both regionally
and seasonally.
Information regarding the contents and levels of metals in this
product is available on the internet at
Trace Metal Content Analysis Information (WA, OR and CA) F-1109
Nitrogen (N)....................................................4.0%
0.25% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
3.75% Nitrate Nitrogen
Available Phosphate (P2O5)............................8.0%
Soluble Potash (K2O).......................................7.0%
Calcium (Ca).....................................................4.0%
Magnesium (Mg).............................................2.0%
2.0% Water Soluble Magnesium (Mg)
Sulfur (S)..........................................................2.0%
2.0% Combined Sulfur (S)
Boron (B)........................................................0.01%
Chlorine (Cl)...................................................0.01%
Cobalt (Co)...................................................0.002%
Copper (Cu)...................................................0.01%
0.01% Chelated Copper (Cu)
Iron (Fe)...........................................................0.1%
0.1% Chelated Iron (Fe)
Manganese (Mn)...........................................0.03%
0.03% Chelated Manganese (Mn)
Molybdenum (Mo)......................................0.003%
Zinc (Zn).........................................................0.01%
0.01% Chelated Zinc (Zn)
Derived from: Ammonium Molybdate, Ammonium Phosphate,
Calcium Nitrate, Cobalt Sulfate, Copper EDTA, Iron DTPA, Iron EDTA,
Magnesium Sulfate, Manganese EDTA, Potassium Borate, Potassium
Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, and Zinc EDTA.
ALSO CONTAINS NON-PLANT FOOD INGREDIENT:
3.0% Citric Acid
WARNING: This product contains molybdenum (Mo). Crops high in
molybdenum can be toxic to ruminant animals. Use only according to
manufacturer’s directions.
4 - 8 - 7
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
PROTECT FROM FREEZING & DIRECT SUNLIGHT
STIR OR SHAKE WELL BEFORE USING
©2010 GH Inc Patent Pending
Bloom
4 - 8 - 7
946 ml (1 QUART)
These values are intended to be used without supplements.

These pics taken 10 days ago....

IMG_29284.JPG

https://www.420magazine.com/community/gallery/1051351

These were taken this morning...

Now for the wet side of the room....
Moved the Advanced DS 200 led to between the 2 Sunsystem 315 lec lights... A Phillips 360 watt cmh pushed by 400 watt hps mag ballast, will take its place over the CBD kush... The feed ppm schedule will be about the same as with my rdwc led grow thread....

Overall pic 3 waterfarms arranged along an 88 inch wall.... These three plants, also started in rapid rooters, are 10 days behind the coco/perlite... Didn't have the WFs ready for them...

Blackberry on the left..

Center is a blackberry that was under a 125watt cfl.. slower than the Blackberry on the left, and the Blue Mystic on the right... Hoping it'll catch up now that it's under the led...

Blue Mystic on the right....

These pics are 5 days later.... Had to drop the Blackberry plant under the led in the first pic from a week ago..... It was suffering from failure to thrive... Rather than take the chance it might be sick, i tossed it.... Moved the coco/perlite indica looking kush under the led..... The spill over light from the two 315w lec lights, plus the led, should, hopefully, be enough light for the center plant...

This plant is under the 360 retro white cmh running on a 400 watt hps mag. ballast..
IMG_2940_1.JPG
IMG_2941_1.JPG

This plant is the more indica looking cbd kush

IMG_2935_1.JPG

This is the Blackberry on the left..
IMG_2938_1.JPG

This is the Blue Mystic on the right....
IMG_2937_1.JPG

The cbd kush that looks more sativa is now under the 360w retro white cmh alone... Will be removing the fan leaves from both cbd kush plants.... They are two weeks ahead of the waterfarm plants, so i hope it slows them down a bit and lets the WF plants catch up a bit.... I'll be flowering all plants at the same time... All will be in scrog screens....

These pics are 29 days after the last ones.... Switched out the 360 watt cmh, over the sativa pheno, for a redder 430 watt Son Argo hps...
My ph was way off in the waterfarms for at least 10 days.. Had to remove all the original fan leaves on the waterfarm plants because of the lockout that occurred... Seems to have slowed the waterfarms down....
The cbd kush plant under the led in coco/perlite was fed the same as the other coco/perlite cbd kush.... Two totaly different plant types.... Interested to see what the led will produce.... Started 12/12, 5 days ago....

The more sativa looking cbd kush in coco/perlite, now under the 430 watt Son Argo

The blackberry, waterfarm on the left..

The cbd kush in coco/perlite that started out looking more indica....

The Blue Mystic on the right seems to be doing well and growing strong...

Six days later,
The stretch has started for all the plants... The Cbd Kush, Blackberry and Blue Mystic are completely different in their growth habits... Not that i didn't expect it, but when you see it happen you realize how really different strains can be... The cbd kush under the 430 watt is kind of thin... Have added silica to the mix for both the WFs and coco/perlite plants....

Blackberry

Cbd kush under LED not doing as well as i would like

Cbd kush under 430 watt, growing well but kind of wispy and thin

The Blue Mystic is really showing its stretch...

Hey how is this grow going? I used Flora Nova on my last grow too, except I was in soil. Interesting thing is I chose to use a soil with a low NPK rating so I wouldnt have to worry about burn issues in a hot soil.

Is the coco/perlite mix a passive system? Using a wick or just setting the bottom in a reservoir?

Today is about 2 weeks later... Took these this morning at bedtime...

This is the cbd kush in coco/perlite in the 1.5'x3' tray, under the 430 watt, 24x42" screen.

IMG_300617.JPG

Blue Mystic Can't believe how much she stretched...

IMG_300316.JPG

Blackberry

IMG_300512.JPG

This is the other CBD kush.... You would never guess it's a sister to the other kush. it sits flat on the bottom of the tray... It gets a 1/2 gal a day.... i look for about 1/2in or a little less runoff in the tray.. That amount can be adjusted as you see fit, i aim for most of it being absorbed over night... It is just a simple drain to waste... The other drain to waste is handled with more runoff...
i start with 8-900 ppm nute feeds for both coco/perlite plants.... I cut that in half for the next feed, in half again for the last feed.... If it seems it may need it, again with plain water.. Then i start all over again...

I'm bumping the ppm in the WFs up to 11-1200 ppm

IMG_297910.JPG

Here's a couple of pics of one way i use to handle the runoff in the 3'x1.5' tray... The plant gets a gal a day... I sometimes add a 1/2 gal of plain water around the out side of the grow bucket if i feel it needs to be damper.. I feel around the outside with my finger to see how damp it is... The perlite can pull off a lot of water..... After a time you get to know what the plant needs...
A 16" coco matt made for hanging baskets was flattened and placed under the grow container... I worked perlite into the coco mat to keep the container about 1" above bottem of the tray... The tray was then filled to about 2" of perlite... I felt the plant was to big to transplant... Thought this would let the root have room to grow out into the coco mat... We'll see how well it works after harvest...
Both perlite/coco plants are watered from the top-....

IMG_295011.JPG

IMG_295212.JPG

Eight days later...Day 37 12/12...

430 watt cbd kush

IMG_303115.JPG

led.. cbd kush... Hard to belive this is a sister plant to the other...

IMG_302813.JPG

Blue mystic 315 cmh... This is one long legged girl.... getting a little fatter...

IMG_302920.JPG

Blackberry 315 watt cmh.... I'll be ordering more of this one, if she smokes as good as she looks and smells...

IMG_302717.JPG

Just noticed part of the plant is lit with the hps... its got a couple green colas in the back from the flash...

Did a recount of my 12/12 days and picked up a few more days, finished week 8 yesterday.... The Blackberry is finishing a little faster than i thought it would.... Figured the Blue Mystic would finish faster than the BB...
The Blackberry hairs have all turned red, no cloudy or amber yet.... She is bulking up like i like to see.... I think another week will finish her.....

The other three need a couple more weeks to get there....

I'm quite happy with the yields.. The cbd under the 430 hps came in a 8 oz, with a bunch of light stuff under the screen... The little one under the led managed almost 6oz... The Blackberry was a respectable 12 oz... Smells like berries when rolled.... The Blue Mystic finished at 14oz... Most impressed with the yields from the 315s....
I'll be putting the two lights on a light rail, 3 Waterfarms next time around...

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

I'm quite happy with the yields.. The cbd under the 430 hps came in a 8 oz, with a bunch of light stuff under the screen... The little one under the led managed almost 6oz... The Blackberry was a respectable 12 oz... Smells like berries when rolled.... The Blue Mystic finished at 14oz... Most impressed with the yields from the 315s....
I'll be putting the two lights on a light rail, 3 Waterfarms next time around...

Nice! Glad to hear it. I just started tome Blackberry Kush seedlings, did you have just plain Blackberry? I hear Blackberry Kush is a Afgani x Blackberry cross. I was thinking about experimenting with hydro but just decided to go with what I know for this go round, I'm trying the 12/12 from seed method for the first time and figure that will be a new enough variable.

Nice harvest you have there. So glad to see the cmh lights perform. I was skeptical but hopeful they would do a good job. Keep hearing about how good they are but haven't seen any final reports. "real life reports" anyways.
I'm 7 and a half weeks in and just started a flush. (soil) I noticed trichomes was starting to amber at the end of 5 weeks and this worried me. Needless to say what ever ambering I had kinda stopped or slowed way down anyways. Weird since the buds was noticeably immature.
Glad I didn't freak out and harvest too soon. Would have been such a disappointment. Not quality but quantity. Between the end of week 6 until now they seem to have really packed on a good amount of weight.

Back
Top Bottom