Cisco & His Papaya-Vapaya 100% Perlite Grow

CISCOKID

Sup my fellow friends and growers...I'm back!

I sure missed being part of this growing community these past few years. So today, I bring my a$$ back to it and hopefully I can pick up where I left off.

STRAIN NIRVANA SEEDS/ PAPAYA 10 PACK REGULAR

NUTES SEE PICTURE*

ROOM SIZE 8'H x8'Lx 4'W

LIGHTS MH 600W FLOWER HPS 600W

GROW MEDIUM 100% COARSE PERLITE

BUCKET SIZES 16OZ, 1GL, AND TBD LATER ON

AIR SYSTEM 6" CANLITE CARBON FILTER, DUCTING THROUGH COOL TUBE AND OUT A 440CFM INTO MY CELLAR.

MUSIC LOUD, I LIKE IT ALL BABY!
Carlton Livingston - 100 Weight Of Collie Weed - YouTube

10 SEEDS GERMINATED ON THE 1ST THIS MONTH

P10705833.JPG
P10705812.JPG
P10705804.JPG
P10705791.JPG
P10705821.JPG

Heya,, welcome back,, i missed ya,,ha, kidding,, not that I would not have missed you,, i am sure I would have,, interested in yer perlite grow,,,:thumb:

Are you doing a hempy pot type grow,, iffin ya know what i mean,,??

Best of luck with them,, cheers

Heya,, welcome back,, i missed ya,,ha, kidding,, not that I would not have missed you,, i am sure I would have,, interested in yer perlite grow,,,:thumb:

Are you doing a hempy pot type grow,, iffin ya know what i mean,,??

Best of luck with them,, cheers
Haaa-haa, I get ya' bro. and welcome.

Yes, I tried the original Hempy with the vermiculite before..I just don't like the vermiculite because it makes a mess when flushing for re-use of the medium.

Thanks for the possitive vibes!

Well...HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!

It's been one month since I dropped 10 seeds into water. The plants are only a couple of inches tall now, but they are starting to smell nice and developing some side growth. I'm not going to do any FIM or such on these 10, because I am not keeping them all (no males). Waiting on the first signs of sex, so I can re-pot the girls into 1 gallon square pots. Now... some music and pics.

P10706492.JPG

P10706483.JPG

P10706452.JPG

Temps have been low in the grow chamber, makes for slow growth. I lost my MH bulb a couple days ago, found the plants in the dark when they should have been in the "light on" cycle. Got a replacement today and they are back to it, my Vapaya sprouts are to the side of them too.

Changes to my small grow space are going to happen. As I grow and learn, I change things. That's the way it goes. So, I ordered a Galaxyhydro LED 300w for my veg. needs.

Pics of the Papaya.

P10706652

Got my very first LED today! It's not huge but it has pretty good reviews...Cost was about 120-130ish.

Temps here are cold, 10F outside...but my cellar grow room low is 67. I have my hot mist humidifier kicking up some heat to help with the temps a little. So, the Papaya is now in 1 gallon pots. Still no sign of pre-flowers. I had 10 plants but only 9 pots, so the "weird" kid is still in it's 16oz cup. Why is it weird? Well, it is a "self" LST kind of plant. I'll take a couple shots of what I mean after my battery charges.

Here is the upgrade for now. The pots make a 2'x2' square and the light is hanging 18" above the top of the plants. I'm not sure how far LED's are supposed to be in veg...have to do some research on that.

P10706671.JPG

Odd... I think we both have the same 2 different light timers.

So, how do you like the course perlite?
I've been using the small miracle grow stuff for years. I can get it everywhere, so it's just handy.
I gave up on the vermiculite in the mix as well. I have a very hot garden and was getting some grief from the thicker mix.

Hey Tead, thanks for stopping by. I'm really liking the super coarse perlite, it doesn't seem to fall out the drain hole as easily as the MG brand that I used previously. I think it also dosn't leave as much of a mess when I rinse it out for re-use of it.

Just put 2 clones of each plant into Root Riot plugs. I would rather have used my Hydro cloner but a friend of mine that borrowed it never brought back my lid to it..GRRR. Hope to catch up with your journal in the next few days.

Noticed some of Cory's nutes on your table. I had pretty good success with them...guess he's not a sponsor any more.:hmmmm:Things change, things stay the same.

YEP :thumb: I'm sticking with them as long as I grow in Hydro...they work for me just fine.

I have noticed many great growers from the past are gone, who knows why...but such is life.

Good to see ya' Hozona, I'll be peeking at some of your links.

Back
Top Bottom