The Corner Where I Relieve Myself Of Some Pent Up Blather

a work in progress

hello friends, friends to be, and friends of friends,, :welcome:

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner for a pee,k, a ponder and perhaps even a piece of yer mind,,:Namaste:

i have been spending so much time perusing others journals and participating in a few,, and enjoying it so much i must say, thank you all,,:thanks:

but others journals is not the place to relieve myself, at least to the extent i seem to need to in my upper middle aged years,, so i searched out an unoccupied corner, i found one in a storage room i think it is,, dusty, dark, a bit damp too, darn it,, not dreary, nor depressing, at all,, and not the least bit dangerous, i promise,,

this will be a journal journaling my journey, one year old now, of my perpetual grow in me teeny labooratoory situated in me studio, where i paint, sculpt, work with wax, drink, smoka da green (a lot), play games with me missus, and hang,,:Namaste:

i will not be going over the layout, history or construction of my labooratoory,, that has been covered in my previous journal,, though should be noted that the renovations and re adjustments are ongoing and ever evolving

my perpetual perplexion (stole that) , my species and current plant count consists of seven spots for flowering plants,, consisting at the moment of

super lemon haze

jack herer auto

the sandy plant (a bag seed gifted to me last year,, the beginning of my foray into green growthdom)

multiples of some, singles of others, all at differing stages of said growthdom

i am constantly experimenting,, kinda micro experimenting, tweaking some might say, tinkering others might say, being a goof most would say,, :goof::goof::goof:,, and this is where i shall report all,,

one huge drawback in having ones own journal, is time,,, unfortunately having ones own journal is a consumer of time,, time, does not grow on trees,, too bad, cuz we would be good at growin it,, ha

time spent here is time not spent elsewhere,, so unfortunately, and my apologies now,, time must be stolen from the perusal of others journals,, just not fair,, but a reality,,:hmmmm:

i love my camera, and will be using it extensively, today, and in the future

so welcome again,, lets grow,,,

P1140396.JPG

i have been doing a pollination experiment,, trying to produce my own seeds, i am not at all impressed with the price of seeds one has to pay,, yes, i like the variety purchasing seeds provides,, but the moment i saw one of the 'strain hunters' hosts bragging about becoming the first seed 'billionaire',, yes, i said billionaire,,or rather,, he said billionaire,, so i decided to do everything in my power NOT to help said strain hunter in his quest,,

the pollen was collected from a few hermie flowers i constantly seem to be growing in my flower room,, an afghani reg free seed, a couple actually, seems to hermie oh so readily,, is it me?? of course it is,,,and the sandy plant had a couple of flowers as well,, so, it was collected and hand distributed onto a lemon haze flower,, as shown below,, day one

P1160382.JPG

three days later,, pistol discolouration, nice,,

P1160392.JPG

a week into the journey, huge trichome increase,, nicer,,

P1160420.JPG

five more days,, growth indeed

P1160436.JPG

five more days,, now seventeen days from pollination,, a definite swollen calynx,, i think i can see the seem moving in there,, ha:cheer:,, mid lower, mid left,,

P1160448.JPG

and current,, jan 03 016,, preggy and about to pop,, the plant is due for harvest in less than a week,, which will put the oldestr seeds at less than one month to mature,, hmmmm, maybe not enough,, hmmmm,

P1160457.JPG

i removed a small leaf above the seed bud for better viewing,,

so i guess i best rethink the harvest a bit,, i am informed by one of my five wise wo/men, that a seed takes near six weeks to mature properly,, so,, maybe leave the one branch going after the rest is harvested,, i have a week to think about it,, wheew,,:phew::phew::phew:

peace folks,, i will update the pollination trial as needed,, cheers to y'all,,:Namaste:

i have help in my labooratoory,, dutty,, he is a great worker,, tho he scowls a lot,, dutty has a buddy too, tho i am not sure of his name, or i forget,,

he harvested this afghani reg plant all by himself,, he is pissed, but proud as punch,,

P1160443.JPG

the afghani is like a hundred bags of pot i have bought before,, probably because it is,, straight up pot,, no particular taste, like pot,, looks just like pot,, funny, smells like pot, guess it is pot,,

P1160445.JPG

yep,, pot,,

P1160445b.JPG

i just had to help him hang it,, too high for him he was

P1160447.JPG

well done dutty panty,, you rock pal,,

P11409721.JPG

rewarded,, :Namaste:

Cheers weaseley,, all the best pal,,

Still stocking the shelves here, not even open yet, but sure am for you,,:high-five:

you be busy, I am sure, with the north forest you have,, chat soon pal:Namaste:

almost exactly one year ago i was building my labooratoory, sawing and drilling and thinking and screwing,, oh, sorry, different story,,,, and rethinking my thinking and nailing and having a good ole time out in my studio, growing too, tho just a raw rookie,, now i am a grizzled ole seen so much water pass under rookie,, i lost the raw part,,:cheer:

in one year one can only have so many cycles under ones belt, so i am still at the very bottom of the learning curve,, ok, maybe a touch up from the bottom, just a touch,, i do have an l.e.d. light now, and am not at all a fan of the colour of the led pics, however, i will put up with it for now as i have no other lights left, i have used them all elsewhere,, for growth purposes rather than portrait purposes,, ha,,

however, without further ado,,?? a few pics of my current situation re,, my labooratoory/grow room

first,,the veg room,, a full three feet by three feet of glorious garden space,, so fortunate am i,, to have any at all,, :Namaste:

P1160458.JPG

as can be seen,, super lemon haze is popular around here,,

everything near the same as originally built,, it works,, so,,,:scratchinghead::scratchinghead:

perpetuality is my goal,, so far not achieved, totally,, cloning issues keep some valuable flower room space empty,, a work in progress indeed

the flower room has two levels,, the upper level is the led area, lower is cfl,,, i am working on filling in lower areas with additional cfls and want to use more of my available lower level space for growing bud rather than growing ,,air??,,

P1160459.JPG

lots more super lemon haze and a real nice jack herer auto,, topped and beaten to near death,, and doing fantastic,, :circle-of-love:,,, the rest are lemon haze including the biggest one i've had to date yet on the right,, a beauty,, yaay

P1160460.JPG

lower level ,, a bit of a gong show right now i'm afraid,, sincerest apologies to all

P1160461.JPG

including some empty space,, will be empty for a week or two too,, to ,, oh well,,

P1160462.JPG

the plant back right is the lemon haze with the pollinated buds, tho the jack herer has some too,, trying for an auto seed???

the plant front left is a lemon haze, but in a slightly bigger pot,, it was an experiment gone wrong because the pot is too heavy to handle when fully wetted,, and became a pain,, also the pot lip was non existent, making the pot hard to handle to boot, and hard to boot in the handle too

the front right plant is interesting indeed,, it is the 'sandy plant',, a gifted seed from a woman that i will not name, to protect her,, this plant is the toughest , meanest, most stubborn plant i have ever grown,, nothing like it at all, ,, it just wants to grow up,, up it says,, not sideways,, no,, up,, this plant will not even train it is so stubborn,, it does not bend well, it breaks well,, nuttin but up please, she says,, stubborn ole bit,, never mind,, but funny thing is,, and it was my wife that said this first,, funny thing is,, the woman who gifted it to me,, the unnamed woman,, is the most stubborn woman i know,, ha,, i know,, ha,, ha, funny,, i know,, ha,, true too

so,, i guess the shelves are stocked now,, maybe a rest and open the doors for business later,,,

i am honoured indeed if you are reading this far down,, cheers to you:Namaste:

a seed was planted,, yep, sure was,, way back,, so long ago i near forget how long,, october 28th or there abouts exactly,, one of those afghani regs,, most know of em cuz they are free seeds with near every order of seeds out there i think,, i have had a few of them,, the last of the freebies i had,, a great biggun too,, i planted october 28th,, and then waited for sex,, i called the missus again but the wait continued,,:bitingnails::bitingnails:

i have tried taking a cutting and cloning the thing and then putting the clone to flower asap, to determine sex,, but it was a failed attempt and my cloning has been spotty lately,, but for sure this will be my next strategy,,, indeed:hmmmm:

the wait went on,, and on,, the last afghani reg i planted took almost two months to confirm sex,, and i was sure it was going to be a male until it near shocked me by throwing out pistols,, so,,, i needed to be sure with this one

all kinds of signs,, but no pistols, no balls, just little protrusions,, like the last one,, i was unsure,, completely,,

two months passed, no for sure confirmation but i was not feeling good about what i was seeing,, but,, that was the same story with the last one,, so,, i held out some hope,,:bitingnails::bitingnails::confused::confused:

till today,,, :sorry:

P1160465.JPG

the wait is over,, way too long tho,, and what a fine plant it was,,

:rip:

the missus and i have been pipe pot people, perhaps,,:scratchinghead: pondering,,,,,near forever seems like,, she even has her own and i have one that is ours,:blalol::kiss: and we have another we share,, tho that one has recently gone missing

this one has been well used,,

P1140848.JPG

we load er up let me tell ya,, :Namaste:

dutty has been at us to get a bong,, he built us a wanna-be-bong so we could see what all the fuss was about,,, so we recently bought one,, :bong:

P1160471.JPG

that's the wanna be bong back there,, and dutty really likes this bong, easy to see,, i have to light it for him,, no worries dutty,, :bigtoke:

now me and the missus kid back and forth how now we sing the bong song,, ,, we just bong along a ding dong,,,, i call er long bong silver,, the little devil,, and certainly, yes,, most certainly,, there must be no doin the bong wrong,, respecta,, por favor,,:Namaste:

we like it a lot,, and some snow just outside the door to put in the neck,, :party:

W.s., heya,, ,pleased to make your acquaintance,, the pleasure is all mine, truly,, thanks so much for dropping by,, your presence is most welcome and appreciated,,

Don't at all hesitate to chime in with points and opinions,, life long learning arond here, and it's a two way street w.s.,, :high-five:

Welcome again,, and chat soon, cheers:Namaste:

Yea I'm in Nivek!

There's nothing that could keep me too busy for you my man!

Wow you have things bangin over here!! Thanks for the invitation and love. Give me a few minutes to get caught up. I've gotta re-familiarize myself with the Canadian Constituion. Then sir, it's all you!

Lots of love, Holmes!!

:love:

im here, your secret work station looks more radical than ever brother :Namaste:

What I'd give for a 3x3 grow space :hmmmm: You have it going on already. I giggled my way through and i'm gonna park my ass down here and get rolling.

I'm sure this is the same corner in that storage closet I used to come to sleep when I smoked too much. What I'm saying is, don't be surprised to see me passed out on the floor from time to time. :passitleft:

What I'd give for a 3x3 grow space :hmmmm: You have it going on already. I giggled my way through and i'm gonna park my ass down here and get rolling.

I'm sure this is the same corner in that storage closet I used to come to sleep when I smoked too much. What I'm saying is, don't be surprised to see me passed out on the floor from time to time. :passitleft:

I have some carpet on the floor, and the crawl space is heated with my exhaust fan,, you should be comfortable enough,, i will leave a blanky out,, :Namaste:

im here, your secret work station looks more radical than ever brother :Namaste:

Cheers bro,, radical is not a word I shy away from, indeed,, tho I wish I was much more radical,, embrace yer wierdness,, my new wanna be motto,, cheers bro,,:Namaste:
Yea I'm in Nivek!

There's nothing that could keep me too busy for you my man!

Wow you have things bangin over here!! Thanks for the invitation and love. Give me a few minutes to get caught up. I've gotta re-familiarize myself with the Canadian Constituion. Then sir, it's all you!

Lots of love, Holmes!!

:love:

Cheers pal,, you are more than welcome here, anytime, however,, not till yer homework is done,, :Namaste:

With the vibes going on here.. I doubt I'll ever leave :passitleft:

Forgot to mention what an amazing garden you have my friend. Nice, clean, tidy. And your girls are soo healthy!

Also the the camera work, sooo cool!

Talk soon Nivek

Wc, kind words friend,, appreciated,, i have a bit of a history with cameras, and love to play with em,, was work once,, cheers,,:Namaste:

:welcome:

Welcome, welcome, welcome,, please make yourselves comfortable,, should be a smooth takeoff,, no promises on the landing,, ha

I am the fortunate one,, cheers:Namaste:

Another awesome journal to follow, will I ever get time for my tents....

A definite problem, indeed,, for all us perusers,, we just plain simply peruse too much,, guess we will need to take time from other things,, like,, fer instance,,

Do we really need to go potty???

And seriously,, how important really is eating,, not sure...

Maybe smoke less??????? ,,, nah

Ok, no sleep then, settled,, cheers:Namaste:

Silly me,,:goof::goof:

I erred in not welcoming you mb5,, my sincerest apologies,, and,,, Heya, welcome,, cheers to you:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom