Stinky Snid's First Journal - Crop King NL's Automatic - Promix Bx+ - CFL & LED

Forcing myself to start this journal... Details to follow, need to make some notes so I don't look out of place with my journal entries and pictures. Looking forward to this adventure and the guidance of some great growers. Actual journal will begin in next couple days

Cheers

re: Stinky Snid's First Journal - Crop King NL's Automatic - Promix Bx+ - CFL & LED

Specifics: 3 x Northern lights automatic (cropking)
70% indica, 20% sativa, 10% ruderalis
Currently in preflower and mid flower
Indoors small tent setup
Soilless mix : promix'bx(6 parts), coco earth(2 parts)
wormcastings(1 part), recycled soil mix(1 part)
Potted in 10'' diameter plastic planters (approx. 11L)
2x 23w CFL for vegetative stage, 2x 48x5w led's (marshydro:thumb:)
Intake and exhaust fans, 3 x oscillating fans, humidifier
Temperature Days(lights) 76 F, nights 70 F / RH is low at 20-30%
Water reservoir heated to 72F, pond pump cycled, aquarium waterfall aeration,
Experimenting with a MJ booster set from amsterdam as nutes, cal/mag+, molasses
20160116_105621.jpg

re: Stinky Snid's First Journal - Crop King NL's Automatic - Promix Bx+ - CFL & LED

So here we go, this will be a week by week picture update. Several weeks to catch up on so they'll come fast. Hope you'll enjoy this grow as much as I did, any feedback is welcome and appreciated very much.
pris_day_1.jpg
Priscilla day 1 Nov.22/2015
nadine.jpg
Nadine day 1, Nov. 24/2015
20151125_183035.jpg
Maria day 1, Nov. 25/2015

Started them off in solo cups, this allows me to easily regulate their water intake in their first couple weeks of life. I will later cut off the bottom third of the cup and placing it in their final pots. This forces the roots downwards in early stages (imo) allowing the taproot to reach as far down as possible before branching out. This is also tends to follow the "Science" that autos don't flower until their roots hit the sides of re the pot. Again this is totally my opinion from what I've read all over the canna Web. Hope to get some input on this aspect from the community :Namaste:

Maria is an obvious different phenotype, she started smaller than both her sisters. Let's hope she is catches up. Pris and Nadine are much bigger and started with first true leaves already unfurled. I've started in the first few days to sprinkle water at their base also I wiggle the stems now and then to try and strengthen it.

They are all under one 23w 6500k (daylight) CFL And getting minimal water for the first week (few dropper fulls 20ml or so)

20151129_185450.jpg
Priscilla day 7
20151129_185509.jpg
Nadine day 6
20151129_185436.jpg
Maria day 5

In the first week or so they got 24 hours of light and water when required to keep the base damp. They now each have their own 2x cfl fixture kept about six inches away to promote a little bit of stretch. both cfl are 6500k. Solo cups cut out and planted into the pots.

20151206_103846.jpg
Priscilla day14
20151206_103903.jpg
Nadine day 13
20151206_103911.jpg
Maria day 12

So now the lights are on 18/6 and lowered slightly for the bigger twins. Priscilla got a hair cut.. Omg lol.. Attempted fimming gone wrong, I just cut the leaves and not the growth tip. My bag! Nadine is getting her hair done aswell except she just going for the ponytail (6hours a day) and Maria is just being herself small and quiet. I may attempt a topping on Maria since she is so runt like and behind her sisters. Stick around to find out

Now is about when I start my ultra diluted nute mix. A combo of grow/flower/mass boosters. Apparently organic with manures, bat guano, kelps... But who knows, one thing is for sure.. it's Stinky as #@$&.
2016-01-16_16_03_55.jpg

Start off with 2 drops of grow and 2 drops of flower in 500 ml of bubbled water, Ph to 6.5. Both big girls get a full feed/water, Maria is still on water only. I'm only watering within my solo cup placed in the center of the pot. This is my strategy, any opinions? Hope you all can chime in on my faults or successes. Cheers.

20151213_063317.jpg
Priscilla day 21
20151213_063300.jpg
Nadine day 20(upside down.. Sorry)
20151213_063326.jpg
Maria day 19

During the past week I had been slowly bending the stems on all three babies. This was to lead into my LST on the two bigins' and Maria I gave up on Lst'ing she will be getting topped shortly. All conditions are the same with lights, temp., humidity, and feeding every second or third day with a slightly increased nute mix

20151220_101724.jpg
Priscilla day 28
20151220_101750.jpg
Nadine day 27
20151220_101847.jpg
Maria day 26

Continued low stress training for the bigins' and off with Maria's head. Maria topped at the 3rd node and is recovering quickly and has exploded secondary growth. The low stress for Maria is going well and secondary growth points are "fluxed" (respect to Atrain) and are very close in proportion. The two bigins' are growing very healthily on the horizontal making their way around the track. :yikes::yikes: I tried to hide it in the picture, but if you look on the backside of Nadine she has been burnt by the cfl. One of the wire stakes holding the branch down released and it sprung up against the very near cfl Bulb. Luckily only leaf damage. Sigh. Let's move on. Don't worry more drama to come.
Lights, temp., humidity all consistent. Nutes for all three now and up to 5 drops of each grow/flower/mass boosters plus a dropper full of calmag Ph'D to 6-6.5 in bubbled, aerated water.
Full steam ahead, but keep your damn eyes out for icebergs.

Looks pretty good subbed

Thanks guys, it's more than appreciated. it may look like I know what I'm doing. Lol. But the truth is I'm still in the trial and error phase. As you'll see in the coming posts. . Although thanks to the community here and guys like Atrain, rifleman, light addict, shigityflip, kidgrow420, and the countless amazing journals on display here. I've been able to study and get at least a Masters degree in this great little adventure. It's amazing how we all have similar strategies but to each grower has their own unique feel to it.

Cheers all, who read this. :thanks:

20151227_100748.jpg
Priscilla day 35
20151227_100800.jpg
Nadine day 34
20151227_100810.jpg
Maria day 33

As of last pics these two bigins' have really filled out will. Alot better than I had imagined, the amount of secondary growth is phenomenal. My happy accident with Priscilla, fim'd the fim, added much growth to the secondary nodes as if I had ponytailed her like Nadine. Allowing this growth to flourish early on its key to getting explosive growth tips emerging from the main stems. Imo. Maria is coming along with her topping, she is surely delayed for a few days growth but she is in for another happy accident in my Cappy cabinet. My light fixture fell from the ceiling of the cabinet and was resting on Maria's rightside flux tip... Totally destroyed the tip.... I really hope it recovers.

That's it for this makeshift setup, I've ordered a set of Led lights and my tent is now free for these beauties to have some new digs..

Update soon, have a good weekend,

Hi, Snid! Subbed in and excited about your grow!

Just wanted to clear up one little thing from your first page -- where you said that you had read that autos don't flower until the roots hit the sides or bottom of the pot.

Started them off in solo cups, this allows me to easily regulate their water intake in their first couple weeks of life. I will later cut off the bottom third of the cup and placing it in their final pots. This forces the roots downwards in early stages (imo) allowing the taproot to reach as far down as possible before branching out. This is also tends to follow the "Science" that autos don't flower until their roots hit the sides of re the pot. Again this is totally my opinion from what I've read all over the canna Web. Hope to get some input on this aspect from the community :Namaste:

That may well have been true of earlier autos (I have read older references to this myself), but modern autos (certainly including the CKS strains) will show flowers regardless of pot size or quantity of earth or root position, when they reach maturity, at between 3 and 5 weeks.

Actually planting solo cups (even with the bottoms cut off) seems a bit odd to me, because they're not permeable, which seems like it might constrict the roots in a way that would be hard for autos, with their short lifespans, to recover from. But they're also amazing plants, and your girls look great and very healthy, so what the hell, eh? :)

The very best way to learn is to just do it, which is what you're doing and I totally honour that :) This is just a bit of feedback and input offered by a fellow new grower who also loves to research and then plunge in!

So glad you're here, and hope you don't mind my comments :)

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom