ItsNatural's 1st Grow - Mars LED 192x5 Reflector - Mars 3x3x6 Tent

ItsNatural

Equipment: Mars Hydro LED 192 reflector series with 5w chip
INFO
Power Consumption:120V: 410W±5%, 240V: 397W±5%
Coverage Area:4' x 4' (122cm x 122cm)
Product Dimensions:24" x 21" x 2" (66cm x 54cm x 5cm)
Product Weight:15lb. 7.63Kg.
Operating Temperature:80°F -100°F
Compare to HPS/MH/HID:450 watt (they said it, not me. HPS/MH lovers Dont kill me LOL)
LED Lens Degree:90°-120°
LED Diode Count:192 Pieces
Spectrum:440nm, 460nm, 630nm ,660nm,730nm(IR), 2700k-3000k

Mars Hydro 3' 3''x 3' 3''x 5' 11'' Grow Tent
iPower 6-Inch Inline Fan with Carbon Air Filter and 8-Feet Ducting Combo
VenTech VT SPD-CTRL VTSPEED Variable Dial Router Fan Speed Controller
Intermatic TN311 15 Amp Heavy Duty Grounded Timer
AcuRite 00613A1 Indoor Humidity Monitor
Lasko 2004W 2-Speed Clip Fan

GROWING MEDIUMS
3 GAL VIVOSUN Hydroponic Fabric Grow Bags/Pot with Handles Black
FoxFarm Ocean Forest
NUTES
Earth Juice Grow,Bloom,Catalyst,Meta-K,Micro,Big Bloomin'Guano,Molasses

STRAINS
Strain Hunters Money Maker Feminised
INFO ON MM..
Genetics: Original Master Kush, Hindu Kush and Skunk (feminised)
Type: indica: 70% - sativa: 30%
Height: short plant (average internodal distance 5-7 cm).
Flowering Indoor: 8 weeks flowering time.
Flowering Outdoor: 8-9 weeks flowering time.
Taste: nutty, vegetal, spicy, fruity.
Scent: berries, spices, kushy, roasted.

Green House Lemon Skunk Feminised
INFO ON LS
Genetics: Skunk x Citral
Effects... Stoned and long-lasting.. it creeps as high but evolves into a full body experience
Flowering indoor: Ready in 8 weeks
Flowering outdoor: Ready beginning October
THC: 19.12%
CBD: 0.23%
CBN: 0.75%

STAGE
Germination
CURRENT PLAN
My current plan, that can change at a drop of a hat. Is to grow 2 MM and 2 LS. Havent decided whether Im doing LST alone or if Im going to add a screen. Im thinking real seriously about making me a screen and doing a Scrog. Given that the MM tents to stay short and the LS may tends to stretch, Im think a scrog would solve the height difference problem. But this IS my 1st grow so what do I know, lol.
I plan on using Earth Juice Line the entire grow in FFOF soil in 3 gal Smart pots.
I went with my chosen strains based on price really. Due to this being my first indoor grow, I didnt want to waste a bunch of expensive beans. I also didnt want to waste time growing bag seed that could be beans that are feminized and I know the name of LOL ( I dont know why, but i like know the name) So I went with these strains that both have won cups in the past ( IDK how much that actually means after research) and both seem to be something I might like. Both also were about 48 US dollars for 10. So a little under $100 for 20 beans and some freebies.
REALISTIC PLAN
I plan on having a successful grow by using the research I have put in and Advise and wisdom I may receive from members here. :) This is why I am doing this journal. To record my grow for other first time growers, in hopes of them learning like I have, from reading alot of yalls journals. And hopefully get advise from other growers. Thanks to any and all that subscribe.

20160116_155443.jpg
20160116_155415.jpg
20160112_155321.jpg
20160113_150719.jpg

This is my setup and my beans. I know the Light is not level in those pictures lol.
About me, I am extremely ADHD and OCD, Iv been studying for about a year now on growing indoors and what setup for my price. But making decisions dont come very easy to me, So it took a while. I originally picked out a mars 2 700w but switched to the reflector because it claims to cover more Sq ft. and had more nodes. Not even sure thats a good thing lol. I should have went with a 4inch filter fan but wanted was worried that it wouldnt be enought. HA!! this 6 inch is really too big but after staring at the empty tent for an hour I made it work. Or at least i Think i did. For the intake I just put some duct in. But my wife got me a 4 inch duct for my 6 inch hole. lOl Ill show pics later but Ill make it work for now. I have been slowing buy equipment, piece by piece. My brain wouldnt let me start until I had everything. And my Dirt arrived today so no more excuses. Im not going to lie. I am EXTREMELY nervous. My area only really has press weed that is VERY low grade. Full of seeds and stems. I dont want to sound snobby, but I am too old to be smoking this trash. I want to smoke something That I grew. That is all 4 ingredients I look for. Taste,,,Smell,, Looks,,,Buzz. I also dont want to keep having to dish my money out $140 an oz for trash. So I hope I can keep my OCD and the rest of the Alphabet at bay so I can have a successful grow and harvest. Nothing major, just enough personal smoke to last me until another harvest.
Well thats enough for now, Between reading MysterySeeds journals and figuring out how to do my own, I have been on here for about 3 and a half hours. So until next time, Happy growing.
ps Any and ALL advise is appreciated

Looks like a good start. I'll keep watching, very similar setup to mine. Good luck :thumb:

The amount of studying that can be done is overwhelming isn't it. Looks like you like to make sure everything is perfect and should usually result in a like outcome

Thank you for joining me Snidrajsed. And yes, the amount of studying that can and should be done is overwhelming. Like I said, I started this adventure about a yr ago. Previously, I had been growing outdoors. And had a few successful harvests growing outdoors. Nothing major or special (was to me :)) Just some bag seed. During that time I was studying also. But slightly different info. Learned about and how to buy beans online. Tried that last year. Ended up spending almost $200 on beans, me and my mom. (She has a bit of property so was growing over there. But that means everything had to be split 50 50.) Anyway long story short, Harvested one plant last year out of all those Beans. Just one disaster after another, None of which IIII could have prevented. So after all that work, money, and almost nothing to show for it, I decided it was time to go ahead with my end game plan which is to just grow a few plants indoors. I dont have to split it up now, which means I dont have to grow as much, and Its right here so I can take better care of them. I actually bought the light and tent in oct or Nov. Never took them out of box. Just waited until I could buy the rest, lol. And to any that might be wondering about the boxes that are shipped from Mars Hydro, They are blank and stealthy now. I know in the past they had their name and logo on the shipping box. I was a little worried about that. But it has now been fixed as far as I can tell and you cant tell "WHATS IN THE BOOOOOX"

What kind of ladies do you have growing if you dont mind me asking? Do you have a Journal?
Anyway here are some pictures of the beans. I gotta admit, they are definitely smaller than I was expecting and would have liked. One of the MM seeds is one of the smallest Iv seen. I hope it pops.
The last picture is right now. I soaked the beans last night for about 12 hours in water. This morning I got them out with tweezers and put them in damp Paper towels put inside of sandwich bags. I now have them on a saucer on my electric blanket set a low. So hopefully it will be just right. I keep it pretty cold in my house so I have to keep them warm. My house Temp right now is 66F. Im hoping to keep the beans above 70F 75F.
20160116_184736.jpg
20160116_184411_2_.jpg
20160117_105120.jpg

Ill post some more pics of my setup later. I have my stuff set up outside in my building. Its insulated but no heat. Its basically a 2 bedroom house without water. But full power. Its my MAN CAVE. :) I have all my weights out there with pool table, darts, and what have you. So I took the small room and divided it in half with blankets. Then took half that and I have my tent and setup. With a small floor heater outside the tent but inside my small room. Heater is on floor about 3 ft from intake duck. So far room has been staying around 70 with a low of 59 and a high of 77. but I also had it turned down. And it was before I had the intake duck. Anyway, its been one Brain puzzle after another. (for me anyway lol, I tent to overthink things. ) But keeping it heated was the biggest puzzle. Hopefully I have it safe to grow. Ill post pics of it all later. Until then....safe growings to all.

Nice setup and clean too. I agree with Snidrajsed. This setup is almost identical to mine. I would love the chance to sit up front and take a few notes. Thanks for the journal ItsNatural.

Nice setup and clean too. I agree with Snidrajsed. This setup is almost identical to mine. I would love the chance to sit up front and take a few notes. Thanks for the journal ItsNatural.

Hello Mtn Dew, Thanks for stopping by. The more the Merrier. :) Im very excited and hopefully as prepared as I can be. I feel like I have researched all I can and the rest will have to be learned from hands on experience. I currently do not have a ph tester but from what I keep reading. Using EJ line and using it right, I shouldnt have to worry about it. Plus something I forgot to mention in the Equipment list was an air stone and air pump. Plus a bucket, to aerate the EJ. So I plan to fill a bucket up with water, let it sit for a day or so till its time to add EJ, Then add the EJ, aerate it for about 24 hours, Mean while ima fill another bucket up with water to be sitting until next water or feed. So between the water sitting for 24 48 hours, then getting aerated for another 24, some of the chlorine will have gone, and maybe the ph will be better. From all that Iv read, this is the case. We shall see.
As promised.... more pictures :)
20160117_115836.jpg
20160117_115743.jpg
20160117_115643.jpg
20160117_115556.jpg
20160117_115442.jpg
20160117_115100.jpg
20160117_115037.jpg

Those plants are just test plants from bag seed. I just wanted to make sure my babies would be ok in that environment. As you can see it got down to 55 when lights were off. But like I said I had the Heater on like 4 out of 10 on low setting. It has a 900 watt and 1500 watt setting. To save power Im trying the low setting of 900w. But I clearly need to turn it up. So I put it on like 6 (theres not actually numbers lol just dots.)
The intake vent Is smaller because my wife bought the 4inch when it needs 6. But its ok it will work. If you notice I have it positioned to where its facing down inside the tent. Hopefully in theory, it will better help circulate the air plus keep roots warm by the warm air bouncing off the floor and back up toward the middle and up. IDK. Sounds good. :) I also have the outbound air coming out the top, running along the roof of tent blowing the hot air at top of room and hopefully mixing it around the room better. Any, I have to take kids to practice. So long, happy growing

Hello everyone in 420 land. :) Nothing major to announce as my beans are still in Paper towel. But I did go back out there and check the temp after I turned it up. it Looks like it was 90 with lights on and 83 with lights off. So I turned it down 1. So now we are at 5. Outside temps are 23F feels like 13F. Thats pretty cold but when I walked into that room. It was warm, then when I slid past the cover wall into the actual grow room, It was toasty. :). I have a second heater in case I need a back up. Never no what could happen.
On another note. Do any of you use perlite or anything at the bottom of your cups/ and pots. When I grew outdoors I would grow in buckets. I would dig a hole, fill the bottom of the hole with gravel, so dirt wouldnt come into contact with the bottom of my bucket and clog the drain holes I had drilled in it. Then I would place the bucket in the hole and put gravel in the bottom of the bucket for the same reason. To keep the soil from clogging up the holes. So should I use some perlite or something in the bottom of my cups, then my fab pots? OR just leave it be?

god bless dupe again. So here is a neat fact instead of just it saying Dupe lol

The hippie generation did not discover pot. But the drug's true origins remain a bit murky.

For example, one source, the Drug Enforcement AdministrationMuseum in Arlington, Virginia, states that the oldest written references to cannabis date back to 2727 B.C., when the Chinese Emperor Shen Nung supposedly discovered the substance and used it medicinally.

But there's one problem with this putative fact: Shen Nung, if he existed, was not the emperor of China. The first emperor of a unified China was Qin Shi Huang, who was born around 260 B.C. — significantly later than the supposed Shen Nung. Nor is it entirely clear where or how this Shen Nung recorded his medicinal marijuana experiments. The earliest examples of written Chinese characters date to the Shang dynasty, between 1200 B.C. and 1050 B.C., when oracles carved symbols on bones and turtle shells. Though the story of Shen Nung permeates pot histories online, his existence seems to be more marijuana myth than fact.

Still, the Chinese deserve some credit. The ancient Taiwanese were using hemp fibers to decorate pottery about 10,000 years ago, according to "The Archaeology of Ancient China" (Yale UniversityPress, 1968).

But the identity of the first person to discover pot's intoxicating effects is lost to prehistory.

Looks like I hopped on the train at the right time!
I'm in for this grow!
The rest of my supplies should be here this week, and I'll be joining you! :)

Thanks for stopping by Terramaste. I smile everytime I see someone post. :). Are you planning on doing a Journal? If so send me a link.
As for the Germ stage, They are still in paper towels. I plan to check it out in a few hours after I get back from the gym. Until then,,,
Happy growing to you all. And to all, a happy growing.

well I checked my paper towels to see if any beans had popped. So far only one has popped. I went ahead and put it in FFOF soil that I had watered earlier this morning. I would have took a picture but honestly I was a little disappointed that more had not popped. I should have started an extra bean or two. But if they ALL popped then I would be forced to grow more than I would like. I really only want to grow 4 right now. I thought about doing 2 big ones but I decided to try and do four. And maybe scrog them. The one that popped had already popped in the water. So the others arent showing any signs of life. But its only been 12 hours in water and a little over 24 in wet Paper Towel, so they may still pop. I will wait till morro and if still no action I will start soaking another 3.

Hello, today I checked my seedlings. So far the 2 Lemon skunk has popped and are in dirt. 1 has arose from the dirt. Neither of the Money Makers have popped. So I have placed them back into straight water in a desperate attempt to make something happen. I have also started soaking 2 more Money Maker seeds in case the other 2 do not pop. I guess if none of the 4 MM do not pop And both LS break ground and start growing. I will get 2 5 Gal Fab pots and just grow the 2 LS this round with a scrog. let them veg a little longer than I would have and hopefully fill the tent and the screen with just the 2. And maybe even get the same or more yeild. I just dont know. I also thought about starting a couple of autos I have. But I had planned on starting those about 4 weeks before this current harvest. In a separate smaller grow box or something. That way when My harvest is done drying, it will be time to start back on the 18/6, and my autos can finish as my next crop veggies.
ANYWAY im rambling, Here are some pics. First is the current temp, as it is about 18F outside. So, so far my room is holding up. And this is with the light off.
Second pic is My first baby. She is a Lemon skunk who still has a helmet on. I sprayed just a little water on it to soften it up. The other LS in in the dirt and I think I can see it trying to pop up. But it could be some perlite, lol.
3rd is just a bag of FFOF I plan on using, Costed Me almost $70 on amazon but they delivered sooo, Still, Ouch
20160120_114152.jpg
20160120_114117.jpg

20160117_151844.jpg

hello everyone. The 2 original MM never popped. But the 2 others did, and are now in soil. As for the 2 LS. Bad news on one. The first 2 break ground, I left too long in the dark evidently. And when I check on everything yesterday morning, it had stretched to about 5 or 6 inches with helmet still on. I didnt really know what else to do so I buried the stem flat agaist the soil, as there was not enough room to bury straight up and down. So I laid it down, the added soil on top, and left about 2 or 3 inches sticking out. After a few hours of Light it stood up and shook its helmet off. Im hoping it will be fine.
As for the other LS, It has popped above the dirt now also. It too has shook its shell and is now ready to see the world.
And the MM are in the dirt. I havent checked on them today, the lights come back on at 7 so I will check then. Im hoping they both will be above ground. I will take some pics then and upload them later tonight. Until then, Happy growing!

Hello everyone. Kinda dead in here, I know. But Im gonna keep on going anyway so here I am. Today I checked on the situation and Both LS were doing fine it seems. The stretched out one looks like it will be ok. But we are still early in so Idk. Anyone out there had this happen? How did it turn out? Both Lemon Skunks (LS) were starting to dry up so I hit them with some plain tap that has been sitting out for about a week. Not sure of the PH but I did buy some test strips just to get an idea of what my tap waters PH is. Straight out off the tap, then also after it has set for a couple days. The test strips I picked up from walmart. Its actually for swimming pools I think but it was only 6 bucks so I got it. I kinda wanted to see what kind of chlorine levels are in my tap.
As for the MMs. both seeds have popped and are in the soil. One has started to arise.
My light is currently 30 inches from the top. I know it seems high but they are still young and I wanted to get them used to the bright led. My test plants seem to do pretty good under that height, but they were only allowed to grow for a week or so.
Anyway here are some pictures.
This is Stretch. She is actually planted in the middle of the cup. But stayed too long in the dark ( 24-30 hours) and she stretched to prolly 5 - 6 inches. I was SO SAD! And mad at my self. There was Snow and i thought they would be ok. But now I know. Any who. She is mostly laid down in the cup and buried. She was flopped over the cup but now she has stood up.
20160124_121952_-_Copy.jpg

This is LS #2.
20160124_121910_-_Copy.jpg

Not sure if you can see it, but this is MM#1. Just her shell showing but she is rising. I assure you she was under the ground and wasnt there yesterday. lol
20160124_121858_-_Copy.jpg

Group Shot
20160124_121917_-_Copy.jpg

Hello again. I just checked my tent. I am having trouble keeping a steady temp as the weather outside is very cold and i am forced to use a space heater to heat the room in which my tent is in. I was currently not using my big intake fan but have decided I better go ahead and turn it on. The temps are getting way too hot at times in there at a high of 101 at once point a couple days ago, the high in the last 24 was 98 which is STILL too high. I continue to turn down the heater. But while my High in the last 24 was 98 my low was 70. So I turned down the heater to 3 and turn my big fan on. The temp outside has warmed up so I prolly should have put it on 1 or 2. but you never know when the temps are going to drop. If tomorrow my temps are still too high I am going to turn it down again. My RH is also too low. Currently at 20% low as 16. I watered the 2 lemon skunks sat and soil is already dry again. This winter weather is making it very hard on me.
On the bright side both of the Money Makers have risen from the dirt. But neither look very healthy. Maybe the temp? If anyone could take a look at this MM please and tell me whats wrong with it, maybe I can save it before its too late.

20160125_203449_1_.jpg

See the yellowing?

Hello again. A few updates. I got a humidifer. Nothing special, just a sunbeam from walmart. Its working a little. My current temps and RH are
20160128_100812_1_.jpg

So its much better than it was. Im still getting too cold so I turned up my heater a little. My RH is still low for the veg stage but MUCH better than it was. I can still turn the humidifier up. It has 2 settings and I currently have it on 1 just to make sure nothing foul happens.

As for the babies. hear they are.
20160128_100634_1_.jpg

This is LS1 AKA Stretch. Her color looks good but she went from standing up to wanting to lay over. IDK if its because over half her little stock is laid down and buried. She stood up after that so but has laid back down. If anyone has any input I would love to hear it.
20160128_100748.jpg

This is LS2. She is looking fine. ( to me anyway lol) Little slow on the growth (to me anyway) but looking good. Again, any input is welcome.
20160128_100718_1_.jpg

This is MM1. She looks better than she did. And is starting to form her true leaves. The yellowing is going away.
20160128_100648.jpg

And this is MM2. Really nothing to say other she is movie along just about like the others. Keeping in mind her and her runt sister are a few days behind the LS as the first 2 seeds didnt pop. And Im not suprised either. I actually would have been surprised if they did pop. Disappointed in their quality control to say the least. I still have 6 and more I guess if they all pop then it wont be so bad. And most of the other ones look ok. Its just the first 2 I happen to grap were the worse looking ones. I should have gotten the best looking ones for my first grow.
20160128_100701.jpg

This is my intake. Im not completely done with the whole setup, I may still stop and get a 6 inch duct so it fits properly but right now this will work. I have the skeeter net rubber banded on the duct to hopefully stop and unwanted pest from just strolling or even getting sucked in. Theres a little bit of suction going on there. Then theres the heater and the newly placed humidifier.
20160128_101606_1_.jpg

Anyway thats about it. Im away I am completely talking to myself here but at least its somebody. :)
Anyway thats

Cant blame ya there lol. And yes we have action. I ended up with what I had planned. 2 Lemon Skunks and 2 Money Makers. Although its still early, and anything is liable to happen. Right now its lights out and I try not to mess around too much when they are sleeping. I will check on them tonight. Hopefully Stretch has stood back up. Until then, Happy Growings.

Back
Top Bottom