Smokie's CFL Perpetual Auto Grow - 2016

smokiebear

:welcome: everyone!

I'll be germinating tomorrow, but getting a head start on the journal while I have some time tonight.

What strain is it? Royal Creamatic (Unnamed) and Auto Widow (Schucks)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? RC is 10% sativa,60% Indicaand 30% Ruderalis. AW is 75% white widow and 25% Ruderalis.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seeds still.
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor, DIY dresser with a grow space of 14" deep x 22" wide x 28" tall - light room
Soil or Hydro? Soil.
Bucket Size? 4 gallon EcoFelt
Medium? 50% Pro-Mix Organic Veg & Herb, 50% perlite
Size of light? 10 23W CFLs, 2x 2700k, 3 x 6500k, and 5x 5000k
Type and strength of ferts used? To be decided tomorrow when I pick them up :laughtwo:

Please feel free to add critiques when ever necessary! I'm learning, and mistakes (and corrections) are the best way to do that!

I need to find batteries for the camera, and still add the back to my dresser. That will be done tomorrow along with finding nutes, post germination.

Then I will be back with pictures! :woohoo:

:welcome: everyone!

I'll be germinating tomorrow, but getting a head start on the journal while I have some time tonight.

What strain is it? Royal Creamatic (Unnamed) and Auto Widow (Schucks)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? RC is 10% sativa,60% Indicaand 30% Ruderalis. AW is 75% white widow and 25% Ruderalis.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seeds still.
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor, DIY dresser with a grow space of 14" deep x 22" wide x 28" tall - light room
Soil or Hydro? Soil.
Bucket Size? 4 gallon EcoFelt
Medium? 50% Pro-Mix Organic Veg & Herb, 50% perlite
Size of light? 10 23W CFLs, 2x 2700k, 3 x 6500k, and 5x 5000k
Type and strength of ferts used? To be decided tomorrow when I pick them up :laughtwo:

Please feel free to add critiques when ever necessary! I'm learning, and mistakes (and corrections) are the best way to do that!

I need to find batteries for the camera, and still add the back to my dresser. That will be done tomorrow along with finding nutes, post germination.

Then I will be back with pictures! :woohoo:

I hope you don't mind if I follow along and learn a little. I don't know much at all about growing indoors, never could afford the electric, but I love seeing you guys do your thing and most are beautiful. Instead of offering advice I'll be asking questions.

I hope you don't mind if I follow along and learn a little. I don't know much at all about growing indoors, never could afford the electric, but I love seeing you guys do your thing and most are beautiful. Instead of offering advice I'll be asking questions.

CFLs won't increase my utilities too much, around 7$ per month. I don't have the option to grow outdoors right now, it's -11C this morning. And that isn't including the wind! Different climates makes for interesting grows. :)

Subbed and along for the ride and to learn. If i can help in any way I'm here and good luck:Namaste::high-five:

I'm honored you think you can learn from me. This is my first grow, so I'm diving in head first with only a few months of research. I look forward to having you here for this.

I'm always learning new things say I'm reading a journal and someone encounters a problem I haven't then I learn something new. Just take it easy and not stress out about things that seems to be the best way to take it with growing.

January 20th

Germination is started!
Royal Creamatic is on the left and Auto Widow on the right. I will be surprised if RC grows at all though, it seems as though the seed was shedding. I put it in anyways, because you never know.
DSCF12153.JPG

Soil mix is made up and waiting to be potted. It's 2 cups perlite to 5 cups of promix organic, so roughly 40% added perlite.
DSCF12142.JPG

Nutrients will be Advanced Nutrients Micro, Grow and Bloom.

That's all I have until we have taproots! Thanks for joining along everyone.

its surprising what seeds pop and which don't. I got 5 out of 15 seeds to germinate on some seeds buddy had, really green and small but 5 cracked so we will see what happens, I didn't expect any to grow so I will grow these with a smile!!!

its surprising what seeds pop and which don't. I got 5 out of 15 seeds to germinate on some seeds buddy had, really green and small but 5 cracked so we will see what happens, I didn't expect any to grow so I will grow these with a smile!!!

Some is always better than none! Fingers crossed!

This is my (mostly) final nutrient line up.

DSCF12225.JPG

Advanced Nutrients Micro, Grow, & Bloom, Supermax B1, and OptiCAL MG. My schedule is based off of A-Train's schedule, and it will look like this:

Day 1 to day 10: plain water left out for 24 hours

Day 10 to day 15: 0.5ml/L - Grow / Micro / Bloom, 2mL - B1

Day 15 to day 20: 1ml/L - Grow / Micro / Bloom, 2ml/L - B1, and 0.5ml/L - OptiCAL

Day 20 to day 25: 1.5ml/L - Grow / Micro / Bloom, 1ml/L - B1, and 0.5ml/L - OptiCAL

Day 25 to day 30: 1.5ml/L - Grow / Micro / Bloom, 1ml/L - B1 / OptiCAL

Day 30 to day 35: 1.5ml/L - Grow / Micro / Bloom, 1ml/L - B1, and 2ml/L OptiCAL (/Bud Candy or a similar nutrient, just not there yet)

Day 35 to day 40: 2ml/L - Grow / Micro / Bloom / OptiCAL (/ Bud Candy) and 1ml/L - B1

Day 40 to day 45: 2ml/L - Grow / Micro / Bloom / OptiCAL (/ Bud Candy) and 1ml/L - B1

Day 45 to day 60: 2ml/L - Grow / Micro / Bloom / OptiCAL (/ Bud Candy) and 1ml/L - B1

Day 60: full pot flush with hose 5 min...

Day 63 to finish = plain water

RC is average 56 days from seed to harvest so her schedule will be day 45 - 60 skipped, and straight to day 60 at day 45.

Nice start so far! Excited to see the RC, had my eye on it for awhile. This will give me a good idea to grow it or not.

Honestly, it wasn't my first choice. They were sold out of all 3 of my "first" choice. RC was on sale, and I use a coupon so she was the cheapest seed of the lot. Around $3. Before she got put into her bed of paper towel, it looked like the seed was shedding. I thought a small root at first until I picked it up, and saw exactly what it was. So far, I don't have the greatest expectations for her. But at $3, she's barely a loss if she doesn't pop. If she does, then I'll consider anything she produces as a bonus!

January 22nd update:

The lighting is up in the dresser, although I think the reflector will be coming off as it's heating up quite a bit. I'll check it before I head out for the rest of the day.
DSCF12336.JPG

The back of the dresser needs to be light proofed much better. However for now this is fine, and other than tossing a blanket over the dresser, it's going to have to stay like this for a bit. Tuition is not cheap my friends.
DSCF12255.JPG

Plus, since my fans haven't arrived yet, I currently have no intake or exhaust. The door is open about 1/2" at the top corner (using the base of the timer to hold it so the magnets don't shut it) to let hot air out.

There is good news though! Both seeds have taproots.
DSCF12294.JPG

And they are now planted! RC is over on the left and Schucks is on the right.
DSCF12328.JPG

Each was given 1 cup of water that was left sitting for 24 hours, around the seed, and not directly on. I can't remember where on earth that info came from, but it was in my journal with a star next to it, so I'll follow it this time and see where it gets me. :laughtwo:

I think you can get by with only a couple cfls at the moment preferably 6500k daylights if heat is an issue without the fans. You won't need the full hood worth of bulbs until flower. Looks like a sweet little cabinet for a micro grow, awesome craftsmanship!

An excellent start, Smokie! I'm not sure about putting water directly on the seed indoors, but I do outdoors and they seem to love it. I'm sure the indoor pros will shed some light on that.:thumb:

I think you can get by with only a couple cfls at the moment preferably 6500k daylights if heat is an issue without the fans. You won't need the full hood worth of bulbs until flower. Looks like a sweet little cabinet for a micro grow, awesome craftsmanship!

I pulled out 2 of the 5000k CFLs & both of the 2700k for now, and moved the dresser so the fan in the room is blowing on it right where the back is open at the top. The lights had brought the temp up to 40C. I also added a glass bottle of water between the two pots in increase humidity.

And thank you very much! I've been working on it for about a month now, off and on. I'm happy to see it 95% complete!

An excellent start, Smokie! I'm not sure about putting water directly on the seed indoors, but I do outdoors and they seem to love it. I'm sure the indoor pros will shed some light on that.:thumb:

Thank you! I remember something about the roots searching for the water this way... I'm going to have to see if I can find it. Something tells me it was either RTK or A-Train.

Back
Top Bottom