Lyzardman's First Grow - NL#5 - Organic Soil - 3 Gallon Pot - 150W CFL - Dakine Nutes

Lyzardman

Ok let the noob story begin....I am 10 days in on my first grow, I was given a clone of Northern Lights #5 from a dispensary, I don't have a grow tent but will be picking one in a couple of days so I set her up in my room. I also didn't have a light so i picked up a 150w CFL with a hammered reflector. I transplanted her (we have been calling her Betty Page) into a 3gal pot using "The Original" organic soil, and watered her. I was told by my LHS that I could feed on the next watering (I using a new nute dry/powdered system; Dakine 420) so I did at 1/2 strength and woke up to find the beginning of nuts burn. I flushed with distilled water and she bounced right back.
Day 8: I come home work to find black specks and white flakes on the tops of the leaves. Yup that's right, spider mites. So ran out and got need oil, mixed up a sprayer of .5% and hosed her down, next morning she was looking ALOT better no mites found. (I know that I should reapply after 48 hour and that will be tomorrow) On a side note she was tall enough to start LSTing and it was a good time to FIM her as she has 6-7 node. At this point she is ready for a feeding (after drying out soil from flush she has had no water) I will say this up front. The next thing i did was a real stoner move. Knowing that i wanted to go easy on the nutes i planned to mix up a feeding at 1/2 strength, but only after feeding her did I realize that all I had was a half gallon on water so basically I mixed up a full strength batch and gave it to her. Only good thing is I noticed it a couple of hours later and flushed here again after getting some more distilled water. NOW, is all of this too much stress?
I will upload some pics now.
Any and all help will be appreciated, just don't beat me up too bad. Remember I'm just a noob. Lol

20160124_223539.jpg
1 day after fim and Betty is looking good, as of this morning the fim is starting to open up. Tonight she get the follow up neem oil spraying.

Re: Lyzardman's First Grow - NL#5 - Organic Soil - 3 Gallon Pot - 150W CFL - Dakine N

Ok, going to get a 4x4 tent tomorrow. I was looking at a couple of my LHS and found 2
A Jardin tent for 190 or a sun hut for 220. Sun hut is a few inches bigger in size but haven't seen one put together. I read online that the sun hut was being discontinued. Does that matter in the long run or does it give me haggling power? I some of you have use these and was wondering what you all thought?

Re: Lyzardman's First Grow - NL#5 - Organic Soil - 3 Gallon Pot - 150W CFL - Dakine N

20160126_184758.jpg
Ok, so I settled on The Big Easy 4x4 made by Sun Hut (the new version of the one they discontinued). And when I got home and set it up it measures at 4.9 x 4.9 x 7 and for $180. I will post some pics of Betty in her new home as soon as I get the tent prepared.

20160126_212838.jpg
20160126_210954.jpg
20160126_211941.jpg
20160126_211123.jpg
20160126_211032.jpg
20160125_190247_001.jpg
20160126_211032.jpg
20160126_211123.jpg
Got it up and running and so far environment looks good, but we will see what happens over the next 24hrs. And I have moved Betty from a 20/4 to on 24/7. Fim and LSTing is coming along nicely. Looks like it's time to get some more plants.

Here is a time lapse of the first 20 hours of 24/7 lights now that they are in the tent, oops like gave away the surprise. Betty now has roommates. Veronica, and Dotty ( pics later)

20160127_193337.jpg
20160127_193344.jpg
Here are the ladies. Just potted the two new one tonight. It is Jack Herer x Skunk #1.

What is the the optimal humidity range for veg? I know that during flowering you want it low so mold doesn't form. But every greenhouse that I have been in (vegetables, trees, shrubs, etc.) The humidity has been petty high. Just want to know what everyone thinks. It was sitting at 50%ish but adding and water two more plants made it jump about 10%

That's the ideal Rh level. 40-60%is perfect. You can go lower during flower as you suggested. Anything below 40%or so during veg will prevent the stomata from opening fully. I think you are golden in that respect.

A link to a thread about humidity
What Range Should I Maintain for my Growroom Humidity and Temperature?

20160128_181016.jpg
Great thanks. Now if I can pick your brain on another subject, I'm only 2 weeks into veg in a 3 gal pot but I found a few roots starting to come out of the bottom of the pot. How big do I need to go if I'm in a 5x5x7 tent? And when transplanting a clone from solo cup size how big of a pot can I use?

And was finally give the strain name for the JH x Skunk No. 1.
J1 is the name and it has a nice write up on Leafly.

First of all good lookin set up man! Like the MJ choices! andd... up potting is always kind of a preference thing i guess with photos.. How many times do you plan on "up canning"? How many different size buckets do you have on hand? If you only have 3 gal pots on hand go ahead and transplant right into them from the solo cup. But im thinkin in a tent that size you might be able to go as big as 7 or 9 gal.. Im not a tent grow expert tho bud. Im usually a garage or outdoor grower. Im runnin 1.5 - 2.5 gal pots in my current grow but my tent is only 4x5x4. hope this helped in some way. ill be comin back around to see how they growin! :thumb:

Thank you still a work in progress. pic that I posted is in the 3gal pot and I would like to avoid transplanting as much as possible. Ideally I would like to take any future clone and go from solo cup straight to the final pot.

I finally got a Ph test kit (just vile and testing liquid ) and found that the Ph of my water with nutes at 50% is somewhere between 4-5.5. What are my options?

I finally got a Ph test kit (just vile and testing liquid ) and found that the Ph of my water with nutes at 50% is somewhere between 4-5.5. What are my options?
What is the Ph of the water without nutes added? You may need to get some "Ph up/down" to get the correct Ph before feeding. Keep an eye on your soil ph at root zone to really get an idea of what your plants are dealing with. imo. Your nute mix can be slightly acidic if your soil is high in Ph. But if it's already low at root zone you'll need to up the Ph of your nute mix.
A link to Ph reading What is pH?

Using distilled water so Ph should be good there. What I am noticing is that the dropper test only give you "an idea of where Ph is within about .5-1.0 so should just bite the bullet, stop being cheap and get a real tester, and the Ph up and down kit.

Back
Top Bottom