Twox's Plethora - Cali Connect - Moxie - Dinafem - Blimburn

**********Welcome to Twox's Grow Journal**********

Let me start of by saying hello to everybody at 420 magazine... I hope everybody is doing well. I bet your wondering what we are growing today so let's get this party started.

The strains:
20160201_141017.jpg

The Germination Technique: The seeds are place directly onto a moist paper towel and then placed in a plastic bag filled with air. I do not pre soak my seeds.
20160201_142443.jpg

The plastic bags are then placed in a box inside my grow tent. I leave the light on to generate heat with my extraction fan on low. I usually check the bags twice a day and make sure they are still filled with air. Temps in the tent are between 81 an 84.
20160201_143443.jpg

48 hours later we have tap roots. One seed hasn't popped yet and I may have to Germinate another
20160203_130633.jpg
20160203_130924.jpg

The germinated seeds are then placed into solo cups using Foxfarms Happy Frog Soil with no admenments. The Solo cups are then placed in a humidity dome under a 200 watt t5 with 4 blue bulbs.
20160203_133102.jpg

The nutrients for this grow will be General Organics full line with a some Botanicare Silica, a dash of super thrive once a week and little bit Earth juice hi brix molasses to keep things happy.
20160203_135112.jpg

The Plan.
6 weeks of veg starting with a T5 and then a 600 watt MH. Flowering will start with a 600watt HPS and hopefully a 1000watt after a few weeks if I can control the temps. I haven't decided on the pots or size yet but the hydro store is only a block away.

This should be fun...

Nice man! Welcome to the :420: grow room! Seems like ya got the majority of this figured out, ill gladly pull up a seat and check it out. Love the nute go box. Does that pretty much contain everything ya would possibly need? Id like to get my hands on one of them bad chickens. :thumb: Catch ya soon my friend. Hope to see ya growin some ass kickin plants! :peacetwo::thumb:

Thanx for the warm welcome STIHL. The go box is actually a great deal and will get you through a grow. It's a full line up of there organic nutrients so in there opinon it's everything you need to grow. I would like to switch out there bio marine and cal mag bu I haven't decided yet. I do hope to have some tasty buds after this grow so thanks for the support.

The grow is going along nicely. The last two seeds finally grew there tap roots and now we have 5 out of 8 busting out of the soil. I see the sixth is about to brake though and the last two will be another day or two since they were the last to Germinate. For now that's about all. I'm thinking of getting another inline fan and filter for my intake and some light proof ducting.. Also thinking of some electronics to control my Temps but I'm still undecided. I also have the land lord coming and I have to take the tent down for a couple days. I'm thinking of just putting the seedlings in a box in the closet with no light for 8 hours.. will this hurt them???

20160205_181732.jpg
20160205_181724.jpg

Update:: 10 days after putting these seeds in soil I decided to water today and take some pics. I mixed a quarter strength mix of bio root, cal mag and black Diamond. I'm Using distilled water so I definetly needed some cal mag. The black Diamond is recommended for rooted seedling so u figured why not. A small dose of bio root should help the seedling develop some roots with no I'll effects. I had one seedling die( technically I killed it) it's stem had twisted and bent in odd directions under the soil and was really stunting it's growth. After a little digging in the soil to take a better peek at the damage I decided it was a lost cause

Here's a short of the happy bunch. Moxie viper city og IIIX, Blimburn Orka, Dinafem auto cheese xxl and Cali connection Jupiter OG
20160213_144119.jpg

Hers a couple pics of the Cali Connection black kush. Here stem seemed to twist and bend too but not beneath the soil. Here is my attempt to save here. Vertical growth has been stunted but she still continues to grow. I'm kinda bummed because I had high hoped for this strain. If she seems week before flowering I might try cutting a clone or two in a attempt to save these genetics
20160208_173606.png
20160213_144130.jpg

Here are some pics of the 3 viper cookies. This strain definetly doesn't like the heat. She's showing signs of heat stress which proves I can't control my environment still. The last time I grew this strain she did the same thing so I'm not to worried. One decided to stretch for no good reason at all and another one decided to grow 3 cotyledons and no leaves so we will see what happens to her. (Edit: these 3 have not been watered since I planted the seeds. They were last to germinate)
20160213_144140.jpg
20160213_144149.jpg
20160213_144158.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

20160426_181258.jpg
20160426_181322.jpg
20160426_181331.jpg
Update from the dead...
Yep, the grow is still alive. Some of them died, some of them hermie and some of them are flourishing. I was going to abandon this journal because it's hard to get people interested in your grow so I figured nobody would really care.. After searching the internet for people with grow journals that included the strains I was growing my searches turned up a whole lot of nothing.. I kinda feel obligated to show the 3 strains.. I'll be updating through the day...

Moxie Viper cookies again...week 6
This is the second time growing this strain and I caught this one going hermie between week 2 and week 3 of flowering.. I caught most of it but I saw pollen on a fan leaf so I know I'm going to find some seeds. It definetly didn't effect bud growth or resin production because the still look and smell fantastic.
She's a thirsty girl. I've been feeding with every watering every 2 days. I vegged her for 5 weeks from seed and trans planted her the day I switched to flowering from a 1 gallon pot to a 3 gallon pot. She was then Givin bud blood and feed with the grow formula for 3 weeks... She still turned yellow... I fought it as best as I could and was trying to keep her green until week 6... That obviously didn't happen. I was even mixing my bio grow with my bio bloom and giving a heavy dose of bio marine for the added nitrogen...
This pheno did the same thing last grow but I seemed to have delayed the yellowing by 2 weeks. I might not grow this strain again because I really dislike searching my plants every day for balls and open pollen sacs.. I'm sure she got her hermie dust on the other plants to but this is all for personal use. I hope I'm exaggerating the damage but only time will tell.
Trichome production looks good and the undergrowth looks frostier then the colas.. Nice smell, definetly stonger smelling than my last grow. I'm interested in what her yeild will be.. I vegged her for 3 weeks less than last time and she looks the same to me. They really grow the first 3 weeks of flowering.
20160426_181311.jpg
20160426_181258.jpg
20160426_181255.jpg

Cali connection update..
No pics due to a bad SD card but the Jupiter OG hermied big time and was disposed of on week 2 of flowering.. I was cutting them off but they grow fast and one day there had to be close to 100 balls on her so I figured it was better this way. My viper cookie plant hermied before I could catch it so maybe I should have kept her.. black kush was a runt that had stuggled since birth. I flowered her anyways and she looks horrid. To embarrassed to post pics. If somebody really wants to see her just ask

Moxie update. My second cookie plant and lemon og was a bust. One didn't germinate and the other was growing way to slow..

That's it for the ones that got away.. next up, Blimburns Orka

Blimburn Orka.. week 6.
Happy plant... she's nice and stable that's for sure.... no balls or male flowers so that was a plus. She had the same issue as the cookie pheno and turned light green and is now yellowing even after a transplant and a Heavy nitrogen feed for the first 3 weeks of flowering. She seems happy so maybe she likes being light green... oh well.. bud growth is nice and she's definetly producing some nice colas. Trichome pruduction on the actual buds look good but it's not coating the sugar leaves like the other strains are. Lower growth might be a little fluffy and I'm questioning the density of the colas. They seem to be filling out. She definetly stretched the first 2 weeks of flowering. She grew 4 times bigger than she was on day 1 of flowering. My favorite thing about this plant is the delicious sweet pine and winter fresh smell reeking from the buds.Not sure if it's the haze or the white widow I'm smelling but god d@mn she smells good. Very unique and smells new and refreshing to me. I'm really excited to give this strain a try and If it tastes like it smells I'm going to be smiling cheek to cheek. Did I mention she smells good.

Besides that she was really easy to grow.. semi strong stems and doesn't really seem needy when it comes to nutes. I'll run her 9 weeks due to her looking Sativa to me.

20160426_181356.jpg
20160426_181322.jpg
20160426_181316.jpg

Moxie Viper City OG 13 ...week 6

This might be my favorite plant to grow. She's a Viper City OG back crossed with lemon OG. She was given the same feeding scheduel as the other two plants... A transplant before flowering and grow nutes for the first 3weeks of flowering. She loved it. Not a single yellow leaf yet and I'll begin my molasses flushing scheduel for her today. Vegging hee was easy with no problems at all. She definetly stretched for the first 3 weeks of flowering and is as tall as orka.

Her stems are beautiful and twice as thick as the other strains in my tent. She needed little to no support to hold up her branches.
Trichome production on the lower sugar leaves is looking really greasy and is going to make some great bubble hash. Bud growth looks nice for a indica. The top of the cola has a nice shape and size and is looking really dense.. even the lowest growth closest to the soil looks resinous and smokable.. nice and dense from top to bottom. She smells sweet and fruity so far and I'm looking forward to smoking her. If she's as good as I hope she is I'm going to try to reveg her. Growing her was to easy and health was not a issue for her. She's growing phenomenal buds so I'm hoping she's a keeper..

Next update coming soon... next will be my Dinafem Cheese XXL auto. She already done and harvested so pics and descriptions coming soon..
20160426_181411.jpg
20160426_181331.jpg
20160426_181339.jpg

Dinafem Cheese XXL auto..
This was a freebie and I've never grown or researched autos but I thought I'd try to grow one side by side with my regular strains.

She lived her first 5 weeks and started flowering under a 200 watt T5. She started life in a solo cup, 2 weeks later she was transplanted to a 1 gallon pot and at week 5 she was transplanted to a 3 gallon pot. She was feed just like the others and I stopped grow nutes once the buds looked 3 weeks old. I kinda just went by looks so I probably went too long. The last transplant was a waste of time as her roots never filled the pot and probably gave her waaayyyy to much nitrogen. She was green at harvest.

If I ever do another auto I'll definetly take a different approach.
If I could grow her over again I could probably get her much bigger than she was. A MH light after week 2 would have done wonders and skipping the 1 gallon and going straight to the 3 would have boosted her root system. Me starting my flower schedule under a t5 didn't help either so I would definetly move her sooner next time. When the rest of my ladies where switched to flowering so was cheese and she got a 12/12 HPS light scheduel for almost 5 weeks. I took her 80 days just like Dinafem recommend and had a beautiful Plant at harvest. I'm only bringing up my bad choices in growing a auto to show how much ponential she had. She is a awesome plant and has got me wanting to try another auto. She was nice and stable and looked so much better than Dinafems stock photo..

Next up.. the harvest.

20160404_183507.jpg
20160406_143004.jpg
20160415_174019.jpg
20160415_174211.jpg
20160415_174249.jpg

Dinafem Cheese XXL auto harvest
Fun plant... easy to grow and it was nice have sting a plant 3 weeks earlier than the rest of the ladies. Trimming her was easy and I left some sugar leaves on since every thing seemed coated in trichomes.

She tastes great but definetly doesn't scream cheese. I've never had a cheese strain so I didn't know what to expect. She's kinda skunky with a earthy flavor. She's definetly stoney and after everything was trimmed and dried she produced 1.4 oz of herb. She's actually dense too so I'm happy.

The first two pics are the day she was cut and the dried pics show her cola after it was trimmed down because it wouldn't fit in a jar.

20160420_180544.jpg
20160420_180553.jpg
20160429_174148.jpg
20160429_174216.jpg
20160429_174250.jpg
20160430_184052.png
20160430_184152.png

Update.

I took me a few days to get this journal going again so here's a few picks from today. 13 days until harvest.

The first pic is Viper City on the left and Orka on the right. Nice tall plants.

The last three pics were shots at lights off with a camera phone. They didn't turn out very well but I figured I would post them

My next update is next week so I'll get some pics under a T5 in hopes i can get some clean pictures away from that orange ass HPS.

20160430_180058.jpg
20160430_194120.jpg
20160430_194100.jpg
20160430_194055.jpg

Heya XX! Bummer on the herms bud. I know that sitch all too well. Im thinkin mine was a heat issue.. The rest of the grow looks good none the less! :thumb: I hope to see ya do more man. Ya got a few nice plants outta this grow. No need to get discouraged. Im sure ya already got what ya gotta do next time figured out. :high-five:

Thank STIHL, the hermies kinda snuck up on me quick and I dealt with them as best as I could. I'll definetly be checking twice a day next time I'm growing new genetics. The CC Jupiter was a tester seed so I kinda expected it. Sometimes I'm not sure if it's me or the genetics I'm using but after seeing Orka and Viper city handle their bussiness I'm kinda thinking it wasn't me. I'm running lights off at night to avoid light leaks and my Temps have never been over 81.. they are usually sitting pretty at 77 degrees and About 65 at night

I'm already plotting my next next grow and it will hopefully be some clones .. I don't want to spill the beans yet incase the clone idea falls through but 2 of the six clones is a strain I'm really excited to grow. I will definitely do a grow journal on them.

I figured that if I was going to post I might as well post some pics. The first four are the lower growth of the Viper city og xiii. They look really good and feel dense.. I like them. She's my favorite so far this grow.

The last two pictures are the lower growth of the Viper cookies. They are also looking good and frosty. All pics are from half way down the Plant or farther.
20160501_181959.jpg
20160501_181850.jpg
20160501_181835.jpg
20160501_181802.jpg

Viper cookie lower growth
20160501_182033.jpg
20160501_182010.jpg

Small update... I wanted to harvest all three at the same time but that doesn't look like it's happening.. Orka and Cookie need more time.

Viper cookies.
. I will continue feeding her since she doesn't look done to me yet. I wanted to cut her in a week but I think she needs at least 2 and a half more to bulk up.. I'll start flushing in a week and I'll flush for 10 to 12 twelve days
20160503_161606.jpg
20160503_161441.jpg
20160503_161432.jpg

Orka..
she definetly doesn't look like she will be ready in a week so she's getting a little more tent time with cookie.
20160503_161516.jpg
20160503_161500.jpg
20160503_161450.jpg

Viper city og IIIX
She looks done to me.... she will continue her flush and get the axe in about 8 days..
20160503_161536.jpg
20160503_161527.jpg

Update time.. I chopped down what I thought was a sick plant today. It was my black kush plant that I really wanted to flower. In the beginning she was tossing so I "thought" I straightened the stem with a tooth pick and a bread tie. I dug up the soil and this is what I found.

This pulled right out of the soil . Same size as my 1 gallon pot.. she never filled the pot with roots.
20160506_121903.jpg
20160506_122236.jpg

Then I noticed the tap rot making a sudden s curve.. I think this might have been the "root" of the problem. =)
20160506_122306.jpg
20160506_122331.jpg
20160506_122403.jpg

Back
Top Bottom