Xenon's First Grow! - Autos - Blue Dream - AK & LSD25

Xenonrae

Welcome all!

After lurking this forum, amongst several other forums, and being stuck in the 'research' phase for a little over 3 years, I finally decided to bite the bullet when I had some extra cash, and finally give this a go!

Being my first time, all advice, questions and comments are welcome and extremely appreciated. Currently battling environmental issues.

About my setup:

Slightly security/slightly stealth. Everything will be contained within the tent!

The tent is a Secret Jardin 1mx1mx1.5m DS90 2.5.

I have a 6" inline fan, rated at 400cfm on a speed controller.

I have a two-top fan inside my passive intake vent, as well as another honeywell desk fan, to circulate air/bring fresh air into the tent.

12713954_10205575535042984_1270563871_n.jpg

12746486_10205575536003008_1680087017_n.jpg

12735791_10205575533962957_535411061_n.jpg

21216_420mag.jpg

I also have a box fan directing cold air from an open window towards the passive intake vent, on the outside obviously.

There is plenty of air circulation in the room the tent is in, with a total of two cracked windows and fans blowing air all around.

What strain is it? Advanced Seeds Automatic AK, HSO Auto Blue Dream, and Fast Buds Lsd-25.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg stage as of now. The LSD-25 sprouted on 2/7/16. AK sprouted on 2/8/16. Blue dream is still germing out right now!

If soil... what is in your mix? 60% Biobizz Light mix 40% Perlite and a generous handful of EarthWorm Castings!

If soil... What size pot? 3 Gallon

Size of light? 600W HPS - dual-spectrum bulb

Is it aircooled? Yes; Sun Systems Blockbuster 6" air cooled hood.

Temp of Room/cab? 75-80F

RH of Room/cab? 22%

PH of media or res? Everything going in is adjusted to 6.5; only watered once for the initial soak.

Any Pests ? Negative.

How often are you watering? Only once thus far, 12 hours before the initial planting.

Mainly just wanted to get a journal started so I stop scribbling things on a notepad-but also looking for any advice anyone wants to throw me!

I have my 600W turned down to 75% to control temps a little bit.

I was also having problems with light escaping from the tent and lighting up a room, so I found some carbon filter cloth pieces and situated them on the outside of the tent, allowing air to come in the removable flap, but not really allowing that much light to escape.(It got a little ridiculous..)

re: Xenon's First Grow! Auto's Blue Dream, AK, & LSD25

On 2/7/16, my LSD-25 Sprouted:
2816A.jpg

She was sort of hunched over, if you can see in this picture.

On 2/8 my Ak sprouted:
2916-AK.jpg

Then we can fast forward to today, 2/12/16.
M'lady LSD-25
21216-lsd25.jpg

and Auto AK
21216-ak.jpg

I just recently got my temps under control, I think she might have endured a little bit of heat stress, hopefully she'll sort herself out, lol.
a side pic of her
21216-ak-b.jpg

The LSD-25 is really hugging the ground, there's no stem whatsoever-not sure if this is just a pheno of the indica and ruderalis strain.

Anywho, that's it for now, I suppose.

I do, however, have a 6" clip on fan I plan to make use inside the tent, as well. I feel so cluttered with these broad based fans, it's quite annoying.

Nice set up, Sufficient light. Good beans.. Welcome to the :420: grow room! Congrats on gettin everything off to a good start. Hope to see ya keep em growin green! Any questions, feel free to ask. Theres a vast network of knowledge here at 420 mag. See ya soon friend.

Kudos on taking the plunge. I too am on my first grow. While I am happy to help with anything, like Stihl logger is right. The community here is amazing. Don't be shy and you will learn TONS. keep it up

re: Xenon's First Grow! Auto's Blue Dream, AK & LSD25

Thanks you both!

I've learned quite a lot of information on this website in particular. I can't wait to finally experience this for myself, as well as be able to give back to the community that's been not only super helpful, but kind and patient-traits that are hard to come by with the 'instant-gratification' generation among us now.

Picked myself up a ryobi IR Therm, for 30$, figured why not?
12695837_10205580427805300_662160436_n.jpg

Threw my clip fan in the tent. My Auto Blue Dream finally showed me her taproot, so I dropped her in a pot as well.
21316-blue_dream_and_fan.jpg

Starting to grow a little bit, now. This is day 6 for my LSD-25
21316--lsd.jpg

Day 5 of my AK
21316-ak.jpg

and my solo cup, day 6 as well(not an autoflower)
21316-solo.jpg

We have lift off!!! I cant wait to see how that LSD 25 does.. I just ordered some of those. :thumb:

I have someone on the autoflowers /sub lurking for her as well; I'll make sure to give you the full scoop on her-so to speak, also!

She started out looking pretty-purple, and it slowly faded into the green color it is now; but I was shocked at first. As I stated above, she does hug the ground, as well. If you look at the very first picture of her, that's still as tall as she is(almost no visible stem, right now)
Assuming it's just a ruderalis-heavy pheno.

re: Xenon's First Grow! - Autos - Blue Dream - AK & LSD25

I'm smoking some LSD (not sure if its the same as what you are doing) and I really like it. Best of luck with this adventure, I will be kicking around somewhere in the shadows

Pull up a chair mate! This is gonna be a nice ride-I can assure you of that! :D
As for the LSD, the strain I'm growing is LSD-25; which is a cross between LSD and a Ruderalis-giving it an autoflower nature.

2/16/16
Still only at 75% of lighting.
Temp spike of 91 overnight inside tent.
Raised light a little.
Ak and Lsd showing signs of heat stress.
Leaving tent open and window open to lower ambient temperature of tent/room.

Possible nitrogen deficiency in solo cup(being used to experience negligence, to learn what about different things before I try to learn on the plants I care about.)
Will do a light feeding of gmb nutes and see if it helps.

Don't sweat it too much, they will recover no problem. I made the mistake of turning my fan into the heat mode and cooked my auto tent at 107f for 6 hours or more, the girls looked toast but after 5-6 days they perked up again.

Awesome to know! I figured it wasn't that big of a deal, but I wanted to make note. AK's been stressed from the start it looks like, I recently got my temps under control - got lazy last night and forgot to make sure I opened the other window.

Ambient temperature according to digital thermometer steady 86.
Re adjusted fans.
IR reading @ top of lsd25- 89F
IR reading @ top of ak - 86F

Turned Exhaust fan up a little, close to 100%
Lights are currently 2 ft, 2 inches away from the tops of the plants.

LSD25 is 9 days from sprouting.
AK is 8 days from sprouting.

You might get some stretch with the lights that far from the plants, maybe try 20" from the top of your girls.

do you have fresh air intake?

Fresh air is coming from an open window being blown to the tent by a box fan(literally only 2 feet away), as well as having my tents door open slightly with fresh air being blown in there as well.

I'll probably lower the lights if I see them start to stretch too much; but I'm trying to get the temps under control as well.
My lights are still only at 75% (roughly 450w)

Looking good man:thumb:

The yellowing you're experiencing probably isn't N def the early, more likely to be light burn - try raising the light to 3' above the canopy and gradually move it closer, then they'll stretch more aswell.
I've the same problem with seedlings too close to the ground and I've raised my light and it seems to help.

Maybe I missed it, but what light schedule are you running?

EDIT* Having a circulation fan blowing directly at the plants when they're this young can also ''burn'' them.

Back
Top Bottom