First Grow! - Northern Lights - 2016 - Small Grow

EvilStinkbomb

Hi everyone!

I've already posted a journal on this grow, but it wasn't getting much attention; so I've decided to change the title in hopes to get more views and replies.

If you want to see my whole progress as of now, then here is a link to my old journal - EvilStinkbomb's - Organic Northern Lights Autoflower! - Journal

Here's some of my most recent pictures that I've taken of my grow,

Setup_2_2.jpg

Setup_2_1.jpg

Setup_2_3.jpg

Setup_2_4.jpg

I'm not sure whether or not I'm going to continue with an organic grow; but we'll see.

If this seedling survives another week or so I will be thinking about adding another 1 or 2 plants to my grow. I have these extra Northern Lights seeds now; I got these seeds in a pack of 3 with the seedling that's currently growing.

When the temperatures outdoors begin to rise to about 18°C I will also be thinking about growing outdoors. The seeds that I'll be using would be 2 afghani regulars, and 1 Dinafem OG Kush feminized. My outdoor grow would begin in a few months from now but I thought I'd share.

Q - Is my seedling a bit small, or is that a normal height for 3 days after surfacing the soil?

Q - If the temperature falls from 24°C to around 16°C would this harm the plant?

- EvilStinkbomb :Namaste:

Things look fine for day 3. Clean leaves and starting to grow is good where your at...
hmm my conversion is bad but 65-75f would be ideal.. better growth closer to the 75 but that should be plant temp... at the plant...

good luck!

FE

Thanks for such a quick reply Far East Buds!

I have a heater in my grow box when temperatures get below 17°C; it's just at night it can get fairly cold and of course I'm sleeping so the heater's switched off.

- Evil

Thanks so much Emilya; you've gotten me to where I am now. The first soil that i planted my seedling into contained peat, which would have killed it. This plant is here because of you emilya thank you.

- Evil

peat is actually ok to start seedlings in, it does promote root growth... it just breaks down over time and sends the soil to the acidic side after a couple of months. Glad to be of help, but I would credit you, your decisions and correct watering on the present success of your plant, congratulations!

*Update*

OK everyone, I've decided to begin germinating another seed and add it to my grow. It's going to be another Northern Lights Autoflower Feminized Seed. I said previously that I'd wait 1 week to see how my current seedling develops, but I just couldn't wait; my seedling's getting lonely and needs a sister. Hopefully this new seed will show it's roots in around 2 days or so. I'll make an update for this seed when it's root breaks through.

- Evil :Namaste:

First rule of growing

Patience!

You will do fine... just pay attention to the plants and you will learn how to read them as to what they need.
And you have the best community here to help you... I am a semi noob but have dealt with alot already so I will help the best I can but don't take anything I say as gospel.

:peace:

FE

How's that for some attention. I guess evil stink bomb wasn't an interesting enough title. Lol i like it... Congrats on germing the seedling, and good luck on this next one. I'll keep tabs on the progress, keep the posts coming... It keeps your journal at the top of the list of current journals. FYI.

You should back that LED off to about 30"-36" inches that's a lot of power for a seedling.

How's that for some attention. I guess evil stink bomb wasn't an interesting enough title. Lol i like it... Congrats on germing the seedling, and good luck on this next one. I'll keep tabs on the progress, keep the posts coming... It keeps your journal at the top of the list of current journals. FYI.

You should back that LED off to about 30"-36" inches that's a lot of power for a seedling.

Thanks for joining the journal Snidrajsed!

Q - The LED light has only got 45 watts of power; would 30"-36" not be a bit too far away from the seedling?

- Evil

First rule of growing

Patience!

You will do fine... just pay attention to the plants and you will learn how to read them as to what they need.
And you have the best community here to help you... I am a semi noob but have dealt with alot already so I will help the best I can but don't take anything I say as gospel.

:peace:

FE

Thanks for helping me out Far East Buds; it means a lot to my nooby self.

- Evil

Thanks for joining the journal Snidrajsed!

Q - The LED light has only got 45 watts of power; would 30"-36" not be a bit too far away from the seedling?

- Evil

I Did think it was too close as well.. maybe just 24 would be good.. it is the intensity more than the power... Seedlings are just very delicate... There is an ideal height to push it but better to err on the side of caution.

FE

nice! the 3 leaf 3 cotyledon mutation! I have only seen it once here.

Q - If the humidity in my box goes below 40% or so, should I spray a mist of water?

I heard this helps to raise the humidity; just wanted to hear from experienced growers.

- Evil

*Update*

OK everyone, I've decided to begin germinating another seed and add it to my grow. It's going to be another Northern Lights Autoflower Feminized Seed. I said previously that I'd wait 1 week to see how my current seedling develops, but I just couldn't wait; my seedling's getting lonely and needs a sister. Hopefully this new seed will show it's roots in around 2 days or so. I'll make an update for this seed when it's root breaks through.

- Evil :Namaste:

Here's a picture of my germinating seed; just in case anyone was curious as to how I germinate.

Setup_17.jpg

- Evil

Some people mist... I do not. I worry more about mold and mildew than I do about low humidity. If I want to raise humidity I just bubble a bucket of water in the tent but usually I don't worry about it and if humidity drops so low in the winter that we are all having dry skin problems, I start boiling water and running the vaporizer to increase the RH in the house for us... and my plants get benefit from that too. From now on when I am drying product after harvest, I am also going to make sure the humidity has been raised so that I can get a slow dry. Other than that, a little bit of water in the drip trays raises the humidity for a couple of days, and I am ok with that as my only manipulation of the RH.

Regarding the mutation, you are about to experience on of nature's great shows, right in front of you. There is going to be a fight for dominance. One of your tri-branches is going to become dominant, one will dwarf and the other one will be happy to be in the middle. If this were my plant I would use LST techniques to confuse this dominance dance and make all 3 branches grow out horizontally and equally to drastically increase the yield of this plant. Left to adjust this naturally, I doubt that you will see any additional production from this plant.

Some people mist... I do not. I worry more about mold and mildew than I do about low humidity. If I want to raise humidity I just bubble a bucket of water in the tent but usually I don't worry about it and if humidity drops so low in the winter that we are all having dry skin problems, I start boiling water and running the vaporizer to increase the RH in the house for us... and my plants get benefit from that too. From now on when I am drying product after harvest, I am also going to make sure the humidity has been raised so that I can get a slow dry. Other than that, a little bit of water in the drip trays raises the humidity for a couple of days, and I am ok with that as my only manipulation of the RH.

Regarding the mutation, you are about to experience on of nature's great shows, right in front of you. There is going to be a fight for dominance. One of your tri-branches is going to become dominant, one will dwarf and the other one will be happy to be in the middle. If this were my plant I would use LST techniques to confuse this dominance dance and make all 3 branches grow out horizontally and equally to drastically increase the yield of this plant. Left to adjust this naturally, I doubt that you will see any additional production from this plant.

After misting my plant with some water, the humidity in my box rose to 51%; which is fine.

Q - At what age would you recommend LST training?

- Evil

Back
Top Bottom