27c30d896f81256514c6de5029466ba4.jpg
b398c7cae31eca6eecdf71782b659254.jpg
4ad68e17281d847918ae8de869b82e3a.jpg
e4c3a9f840ca23422e0a299594a6be12.jpg
dadcde826795ff7cb9d5b0bedc674a67.jpg
<br />
<br />
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using 420

I stared doing the LST to my plant last night I have had good results so far and have branches now c omming up from the bottom and middle part of the plant should i be topping or trimming these branches to produce more bud sites
0f610e0c5c0c51364bc90ae7781d7aa1.jpg
66acc180bd09b787549069a842efb4a8.jpg
&lt;br /&gt;<br />
&lt;br /&gt;<br />
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using 420

Well my plants are about 5 weeks along I have experienced a slow in growth the past week after a LST of the main stem and some topping of exposed branches.I have been useing age old grow 12-6-6 and has worked ok so far I have been mixing 3/4 of a tablespoon to 1 gallon and split it up between my 3 ladies about about 1 1/4 liters per plant dont know if it is to much or to little I do get a little bit of run off but not much and it seems that they r drying out a little quicker than usual.I have also finally got my temp regulated between 70-80 degrees it was getting hot this last week getting up to 92 in the heat of the day but all good now.my male I didn't have the heart to kill i placed in my Sun room and have been feeding it some jungle juice grow 2-1-6 I got from a friend about 1ml/l and been giving it 2 liters every 7-9 days and it is doing vary good not vary bushy but healthy and getting tall.so I don't know if it is the sun light or the jungle juice but would it be a good idea to introduce sunlight for part of the day while it is available or if i should try to change nutes on one or all my ladies? Or quit being so concerned and just give it time?
28c5870a438a306653a10a709055e5ea.jpg
a95b5164eeee23ddc3032824250b03dc.jpg
556f0505d06fc2b7893d92dbc469272b.jpg

those plants look nice and healthy!

Well my plants are about 5 weeks along I have experienced a slow in growth the past week after a LST of the main stem and some topping of exposed branches.

Topping is a high stress technique, if you've topped any of the branches, a slow in growth is normal. In a few days they will pick back up after the plant has recovered from the stress.

They are probably taking more water because you have started LST and therefor they are growing more roots to support the increased growth and thus, are using water more quickly.

I have been mixing 3/4 of a tablespoon to 1 gallon and split it up between my 3 ladies about about 1 1/4 liters per plant dont know if it is to much or to little I do get a little bit of run off but not much and it seems that they r drying out a little quicker than usual.

you may want to give them more to drink too, generally we want about 20% water volume in runoff; how long are you going between feedings? there is a link in my signature that would be worth reading, (how to water a potted plant) it helped me get my watering technique down, i wish i had have read it sooner than i did.

the only thing i could say is in one pic it looks like you might be a bit heavy on the nitrogen - very dark green leaves are an indication of early N toxicity. Since you're using 12-6-6 that may be why.. could be the light tho.

if it is, it doesn't look like anything to worry about yet.

do you alternate water/feed/water/feed ? if not, try just giving them just pH'd water between feedings.

as for the male, it likely won't get bushy like the girls, males grow tall and straight - do whatever you want in regard to putting it outside, since you're not going to harvest anything from it - unless you let it grow to pollen, in which case, make sure its far away from your girls so they don't get pollinated and produce seeds.

all in all, looking good!

So I haven't been measuring how much run off I have. I usally water them a little bit at a time about 16oz at a time with a few min inbetween so it can soak in and I give them intervals of 16oz till I see water start to come out of the drain holes and then I stop.I was alternaiting water and good untill the last feed I did two feeds in a row I give them water or food about every 7-9 days I I really try to let them dry out completely.I am also ganna start putting them in my Sun room for the sunnyest part of the day I get a good 6 hours of Sun in there on an average day.I also switched them from 24 to 18/6 light cycle just wanted to see if it would make a difference.I am under t5 florescent lights now but will be changing to a 1000w hps and putting flower bulbs in the t5 set up and use it as a supplement light behind the plants.

Ganna move the male outside and try an experiment feminizing some seeds I have heard if u start seeds around a male they will generally be female when they sprout idk want to see if that is tru or not

you don't necessarily have to measure the volume of your runoff, just estimate. with only 16oz going in, you won't get much runoff.. what size are those pots? seems like a long time for only 16oz. regardless that thread is worth a read, if even for piece of mind.

switching from 24 to 18/6 could be contributing to the slower growth than you're used to as well as they are photosynthesizing less, but its more natural for the plants to have a dark period. Either light cycle is fine though.

im not sure first-hand, but I've heard that its best to keep your girls in a stable environment, the sun room is probably ok as long as the temps are stable, but i wouldn't put them outside - never know what might come back in with them.

as for making seeds, using a male to pollinate a female naturally will produce regular seeds, with a 50/50 chance of male/female.
fem seeds are produced using colloidal silver to make a female create pollen sacs instead of flowers, then pollinating with the female pollen, thus creating female seeds as there is no male chromosome involved. (fas as i understand, never done it myself)

My pots are 5.7 gallon buckets that I cut the top off of and drilled holes in each plant gets about 11/4 liters I just apply it 16oz at a time with about 3-5 min inbetween after about 1 liter I can start to see run off.I have only had them on 18/6 for 1 day so I haven't seen any results yet.my sun room stays around 75-80 witch is just about the same as my grow space so i dont think it will hurt it in that way just concerned about moving them maybe just start with one and see how it reacts.the seed thing is just a rumor I heard a bunch of years ago by a a guy who probably never grew mj in his life so it's just more couriousity then any thing else

oh ok, good size pots then; is there any reason you only give them that much water?

going slow like that is a good technique, but you might consider giving them a bit more water so that the entire soil mass gets wet - if you only water them where they already have roots then the roots have no reason to seek moisture elsewhere, this could be why you notice a slow in growth. Try and make sure you get the soil wet all the way through and let it dry thoroughly before watering, when the roots are have expended the water around them they will seek out nutrients in the other wet soil, growing laterally to do so and promoting growth above the soil.

seriously, read this The Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant
then at least we're on the same page as far as what I'm talking about - theres a good reason i put it in my signature and suggest reading it :) haha

yeah, sunroom sounds good.

haha no worries, yeah experiment away, just figured i'd mention.

Yes I have read ur thread as well as a couple others.I am a little paranoid about giving them too much water just heard a lot of horror stories as for watering the techniques described are vary similar to what u do i always start at the edge of the pot and circle around slowly and I try not to get the bulk of the water in the center of the root mass always try to get the out side more saturated then the middle.I think I will bump up my next watering to a full 2 liters each plant and actually see how much runoff I get.I think my biggest problem was heat seeing as how this is an attic grow but i have sealed the room except for 1 ceiling vent where the turbine goes and stared forcing cool air from the garage up to the attic forcing the hot air out the turbine it worked well on Saturday my temps jumped to almost 97 and I went to work trying to figure out a system to cool it down and so far this worked well it kept my temp under 80 all day and it was warmer on Sunday then it was Saturday so I have a bit more adjusting to do

My question earlier about neturiants is that I have been useing age old grow 12-6-6 for most of my grow I was given a bottle of AN jungle juice 2-1-6 for hydro well I pulled a male plant out of my grow and didn't really want to kill it so I put in my Sun room where it is doing excellent I used some of the jungle juice about 2ml/2liters of water and have it to my male plant and it loved it it took off for the next 4 days and hasn't slowed growing at all.so here is my question should i put the age old aside and use this jungle juice witch is a 3 part deal but I only have the grow 2-1-6? Or can I mix it with my age old?Or should i not even deal with it unless I decide to get the other two parts?

Also have a question about going in to flower I was reading about useing my t5s as well as the hps and alternaing them to conserve energy does this work?

So it's been confirmed It looks like the nirogen is a bit high making my plants look dark green and waxie or shiny so now do i switch to the jungle juice with a lower nitrogen or do i just use PHd water?

They looking super nice im using FFOF and T5s also. Same light schedule but changed it up today cause i might have a male in the grow and if i do i gotta committ murder but im subbed to this

Back
Top Bottom