1st Indoor Grow - 8 Malawi Gold Autos - Coco - 1000 Watt MH/HPS

iceman8657

420 Member
Hey guys, first indoor grow and first journal. Grow is already in progress, i will provide early grow info in the next few posts.

Malawi Gold Auto Fem/White Widow Fem/ Blueberry Reg
Currently in Veg Stage
Indoor Grow 4X8 Tent 1000 Watt MH/HPS non air cooled + 4X4 Scrog (WW + BB)
Coco/Perlite 70/30
Room Temp 62 Night 76 Day RH +/- 60
Tap Water PH'ed to 5.8 Water to 15% Runoff
Water when needed
Flora Nova Grow and Bloom-CaMg

So, here is how i started.

12 Malawi gold Auto Fem
5 Blueberry Reg
5 White Widow Fem

Had some Germination issues,

8 of 12 Malawi Gold
2 of 5 White Widow
5 of 5 Blueberry

Germed as per Crop King Seeds instructions. Wasn't overly impressed with results
Jan_18_IMG_1232.JPG

Jan_18_IMG_1230.JPG

Jan_18_IMG_1227.JPG

Good photos. But if taken with an iPhone, volume buttons down.

But they look good so far!

What is your soil mix? I don't see too much or any perlite (white stuff to help with water retention and drainage).

Hey Pigeons, Soil in the solo cups is MG . Its all i had around when i was planting, they have since been transplanted into 70/30 Coco/Perlite. These pics are old, i'm on day 43 now. I'm trying to back date my journal to keep everyone in the loop. I hope all my pics aren't backwards....lol

Day 14, My MH bulb died. Have to use the HPS until i get another. Feeding Every 3-4 Days as needed. Watering mainly on outside edges of pots to help promote root growth and avoid burning the plants in miracle grow plugs in the middle from the solo cups.....
IMG_126023.JPG

IMG_125923.JPG

Day 15 Added ID Tags to the Plants

All the Crop king Blueberry's are mutants of sorts... I've followed other journals of their Blueberry strain with similar deformities. One Seed was a twin, i separated them as best i could.
Brought it to Crop kings attention, they were friendly but not overly helpful. Offered to send me some free BB seeds, i declined.
I wouldn't recommend this particular strain. Ill add some better pics of the BB later in the journal.

The White Widow and Malawi Gold pants look healthy and happy. MG#8 has been noticeably smaller and light green from the start have to keep an eye on him.

Started to Ponytail the MG

IMG_128431.JPG
IMG_128329.JPG

Day 21

Continue to Pony tail and leaf tuck MG and WW
Plants are super droopy before lights out.
BB # 6 still has no head, her twin #5 is still noticeably smaller
Been slowly walking grow nutes up to 700 ppm

IMG_129929.JPG

IMG_129819.JPG

IMG_129728.JPG

IMG_129615.JPG

IMG_129419.JPG

Day 24

Continue leaf tucking
WW# 1-2 showing light rusting on mid fan leaf. Looks like calcium Deficiency. Next water ill bump the ph to 5.9 or 6.0 and up the CaMg
IMG_130923.JPG

IMG_130826.JPG

IMG_130733.JPG

Day 33

Since last update
Topped up pots with perlite to avoid trenching and fungus gnats.
Bumped the nutes up to 900 ppm
Flushed and foliar rinse on Day 27
Planted some Ring Of Fire Hot Peppers for some buddy's that think they like hot peppers....lol
All the MG are showing Pre flowers and or Flowering. Plant nodes on MG 4 are no longer Asymmetrical, indicating it is now flowering! These thing take off like crazy when they start to flower. Im getting slight nitrogen deficiency on individual plants as they start to flower....Good times.
Feeding every 2 days now 20-30 percent run off.
Finally got a new MH bulb rocking.
IMG_133230.JPG

IMG_133124.JPG

IMG_133032.JPG

IMG_132927.JPG

Day 36

Since Last Update
Feeding MG, WW and BB 3ml per Gallon Flora Nova Grow + 3ml per Gallon Mg Ph'd to 5.8
Planted 10 Purple Kush Seeds 3 days ago. All 10 are up today. These Will be grown in pro-mix and 5 gallon smart pots.Same Flora Nova nutes.
Moved all the MG to a Different room to fit the tent with a 4 X 4 Scrog screen.
Sorry for the shitty pics, using a Magnetic ballast.
Back to the HPS for the MG
Having a hard time getting the pictures rotated...apologies in advance
IMG_133623.JPG

IMG_133529.JPG

Back
Top Bottom