2 Ed Rosenthal - 1 Topped - Side By Side Grow

puregreen

Hello again to everyone here at 420. I have decided to do a side by side grow with x2 Ed Rosenthal Super Bud Auto's, both will be lst'ed and 1 will be topped. Lets see how they compare side by side.

I had to be as stealthy as possible with this grow so I decided to build a box/cupboard instead of using my tent, I also made a DIY muffler and it works, I can only hear a slight bit of air noise now and I can't hear the fans at all.

The veg box measures 85cm x 65cm x 90cm and has to be completed but when it is the lighting will be x4 18w led's and and air will be extracted through the same ducting as the flower box.

Flower box measures x85 x 65 x 150cm. Lighting is marshydro 48 reflector, a 300w led (actual power draw 180w +3%) (cant say the brand) and a phillips tornado 75w = 280w. Extraction is a twin speed hybridflo fan and I have passive intake.

I will be using medi-one, pro-cal, massive and finisher nutrient (100% organic) with Canna Terra Professional soil mix in 3 gallon fabric pots.

Before and after pics of grow room
20160204_135844.jpg
20160312_205559.jpg
20160312_205605.jpg
20160312_211513.jpg
20160312_211644.jpg
20160312_211505.jpg
20160312_211445.jpg

Ed Rosenthal Super Bud Auto
Seed Type Autoflowering
Sativa (%) ?
Indica (%) ?
Grow Time (weeks) 8
Type Indoor & Outdoor
Difficulty Easy
Yield Medium
Height Low
Effect Creative, Giggly, Uplifted
Medical Effect Anxiety, Migraine, Stress
Origin & Popularity
The mix of Indica and Sativa in the Ed Rosenthal Super Bud AUTO is an extraordinary achievement, with a perfect balance between the two. By also crossing the plant with a Ruderalis, we are dealing with a super autoflowering strain. The blend of tropical genes is extremely varied and represents Sativas from all around the equatorial zone, such as Africa, South-East Asia, Central America and the Caribbean. The overwhelming rich flowering of the buds is the most characteristic feature of Ed Rosenthal Super Bud AUTO.
Production
Ed Rosenthal Super Bud AUTO plants have flowers with a compact Indica structure, which become even fatter with the Sativa influence. Some plants may display a Sativa or Indica influence through subtle variations in the development and structure of the flowers. The female plants with a Sativa influence produce huge oval calyxes which grow into convoluted pyramid flowers and which are large enough to bend the branches under their weight. The flowers of the Indica phenotype grow into voluptuous columns of snow-white buds. The flowers of this plant grow sideways and upwards and swell to outrageous sizes, and that for an autoflowering plant. Within 3 to 4 weeks the first flowering can be seen and after a flowering period of 8 weeks it is ready to be harvested. You can grow Ed Rosenthal Super Bud AUTO both indoors and outdoors, it does not become tall and has an average yield. It really is a super beautiful plant and almost feels like a crime to harvest the beautiful buds.
Character & Flavour
Ed Rosenthal Super Bud AUTO has a strong and incredibly sweet aroma of pineapple-punch. Its flavour is also sweet. After smoking, you get a physical high effect first, followed by a spiritual high. I advise you to smoke it in the daytime and certainly not prior to going to bed, as it will make you very cheerful, excited and giggly and this will continue for at least a few hours. In the medicinal field it helps treat migraines, muscle pain, stress, anxiety and lack of appetite.
Features Beautiful, full buds Long, cheerful high

I have to give you KUDOS. Never in my life would i pay the type of money they ask for an "Ed Rosenthal" seed... I hope its worth every penny of what you just spent on them..:)

Nice stealthy setup. I am curious with your experiment at hand, I'll follow along if you don't mind.

Thanks nismo, and everyone is welcome, it should be interesting!!! I donated a couple of the Ed Rosenthal seeds to a friend who topped them and yielded less then when I did my grow with just some LST'ing. I have topped a few and just thought I would do a side by side to see for myself. Will check out your journal now.

I have to give you KUDOS. Never in my life would i pay the type of money they ask for an "Ed Rosenthal" seed... I hope its worth every penny of what you just spent on them..:)

Thanks Sejd and welcome, I have been very fortunate that my seeds have been kindly donated through a seedbank (can't say the name, their not sponsors here). I grew an Ed Ros on my last grow and got about 3.5oz dry and it is now one of my favourite daytime smokes, the high is intense, giggly and energetic. Should be interesting to see what happens, which do you think will yield the most, topped or not???
Have you got a journal going?

Im in good experiment to do.i top autos all the time with great yields.so if u grow her them both to their full potential.which i.have no doubt u will or u wouldnt be getting free seeds;) lol.good lad;) i think the topped auto will yield more. top her at 4th node ul get great results.with lst aswell for more sites.sounds like u know the score already so il just sit back and watch;)

Glad your here beast, am going to lst both and top one, nutes will be organic again, green planets (hope its ok to mention brand of nutes) medi-one and pro-cal from roughly 3 week old (soil should have enough until then) and massive and finisher when flowering, lights will be 18/6. I think the topped one will edge it by about half an oz but who knows till the end but I am hoping for at least 4oz dry from each, going by past experience with these Ed Ros they will be ready in 65-70 days but the topped one may go a little longer:passitleft:

Not much has happened here, my babies are looking healthy and strong,
here they are DAY 4 from breaking soil
20160319_074903.jpg
20160319_074909.jpg
20160319_074914.jpg
20160319_074921.jpg

The one which looks the strongest will be topped in about 10-12 days (hopefully) when the 4th node appears (thanks Beast)

Enjoy the weekend!!!

My two babies are 7 days from breaking soil today, they seem healthy and growing well, they have had about 1ltr of water ph 6.5 and temps are 78-79 lights on and 70-71 lights off, humidity is 60-62%. Hopefully I will be topping one in the next 7 days or as soon as it reaches it's 3rd or 4th node, sorry about the upside down pic!!!

Happy growing!!!

20160322_092459.jpg
20160322_092507.jpg
20160322_092530.jpg
20160322_092539.jpg

Back
Top Bottom