Original Cheese IBL - T5 Test Grow

What strain is it? (2) seeds.

0012821.JPG

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Hybrids.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Germinating.

If in Veg... For how long? N/A.

If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor.

Soil or Hydro? Soilless.

If soil... what is in your mix? SSM#4 Advanced

If soil... What size pot? 1 gallon.

Size of lights? Four t5 24 watt bulbs (96 watts total); full spectrum for grow and red spectrum after the first hairs.

Is it aircooled? 4" flex duct going to box with carbon filter and fan; passive intake.

Temp of Room/cab? around 77 degrees F.

RH of Room/cab? 43%.

PH of media or res? I don't check it.

Any Pests ? Whiteflies.

How often are you watering? I expect to water every two to three days.

Type and strength of ferts used? Most of FF's lineup.

This is a no mercy (12/12 lighting from beginning to end) experiment I was asked to do by a member here named b.real :thumb: I'm probably going to top these, but I might bend them over due to height issues in this 2' x 3' unit (it only has a little over 2' vertical grow room). I'm germinating the two seeds now and I'll get pics up when the seedlings come up.

The spacing between these t5s dictates how close they need to be to the light. Those light strips come with 2 clips; you could put them probably 3" from center to center and get 6 of them (144 watts) to cover this 2' x 3' sq. area. I bought these brackets which space them apart farther, only letting you put 4 of them (96 watts) over the same area. The good thing about them is that they cover sq. footage better than a CFL; there's just not very much light penetration. Hell this unit's only about 28" tall so I don't really need it.
If I would have kept the seedlings 3" from the top of the pots to the bottom of the lights at first, they wouldn't have stretched. If I had 6 of the t5s in there I probably could have kept the seedlings 6" away from the bottom of the bulbs and they would have been okay.

looking good. how many watts of t5 light are you running?

Hey what's up? I'm running four 24 watt full spectrum t5 bulbs, for a total of 96 watts. I'll replace the four bulbs with the same wattage in red spectrum when I see the first hairs.

looking good. the nice thing about fluorescent lighting is that it emits full spectrum light almost like the sun.

I like the shortness of a plant when you grow it under fluorescent light too! :)
These aren't going to stay short enough to grow like they are, so I'll have to top them soon. I had to supercrop them and lower them last night. I want to see the branches develop more, so topping them would be the right way to go. I'll get pics up later on.

Back
Top Bottom