Auto Guerilla Grow Near Glasgow - Scotland

Glasgrow

This is the start of a new journal.

After last years debacle I have opted to do only autos. This will ensure that they finish in time.

Just starting the thread with my chosen site(s), well pending approval from my growing pal. Once that has been done then i will add what i am doing at each stage along with what i intend to do and what i am growing.

I had a few other sites but there were security issues as being spotted from a distance and also seen a fire that had been built. Here are my 3 chosen spots:
2016-04-10_17_24_03.jpg
2016-04-10_17_23_43.jpg
2016-04-10_17_23_24.jpg

These areas are frequented by deer but wont pose a problem. The ground also retains water well so dont need to worry too much about getting water to them. Update to follow soon.

I have 2 strains that will be grown. Auto thc bomb and russian rocket fuel. As of yet i am unsure how many rocket fuels will be grown but as my other half loves the bubble hash made from it then it will probably be 5 rather than 3. She loves the pain relief it offers her and i enjoy it after a hard session at the gym as it helps my pain too. 😄 And i will probably grow 10 thc bombs. I will also have a free seed from att*tude which will get grown for good measure.

1 rocket fuel and 1 bomb will get grown on my balcony. It faces south and gets direct sunlight from around 1pm till sunset. Also once the curtains are drawn they (along with the windows) will reflect the light so the plants will drown in masses of sunlight during the cloudless (ha ha) days. This is a backup plan in case the GG fails. So there will be 4 rrf, 9 bombs and 1 freebie outside.

Similar to last year i will germ indoors at begin of may, propagate on the windowsill from sunrise once taproots have shown and left there for 7-10 days. Once they have a well established root system and the soil drys a bit i will transfer into 3" pots and start to harden them off for around 10-14 days. The ones i am doing on the balcony will bypass the 3" pots and go into 10" pots (approx 2 gallon) and left to grow. I will top most plants at 3rd/4th node and some will be left for comparison.

Soil is store bought compost. Probably get the stuff with added john innes but still yet to decide. Will add perlite to all the pots, however, the 2 on the balcony will have a layer of perlite approx half way down around 1" in depth, this will help with airation of the roots. Not adding perlite to outdoors as it cost too much especially for 14 plants.

Plants will be fed with all-purpose plant feed or all purpose tomato feed (cant remember what i have sitting at home) from around week 4. Start at half strength for 1st feed and a very light feed when transplanting to 3" pots (probably around 1/8 strength), this is what i did last year and seemed to work well. Will increase feed as time goes by. Once plants have started to flower for a couple of weeks i will then add pk 13/14. Also when i visit the site to check up on progress i will feed all plants with black treacle, it is very similar to molasses and worked well (or had no negative effects) last year. Site will get visited once every 2 weeks and the route is concealed from prying eyes 😄

I do have plans for keeping deer and slugs away but that will get covered later.

Well i'm in the city. It pays to look at maps of surrounding areas to find a potential place to grow. Check it out, scope around for human traffic then if all seems well then take the plunge. Start with something small and simple. If you have previous growing experience, even indoors, then it gives you an advantage.

I did mention how i was going to keep slugs/snails and deer away. The former will be blue pellets. Not ideal but will do the job. This worked well last year. They will be scattered round the sites loosely. The premier defence against them is quite ingenious. Around the sites i will clear the perimeter or grass. A small trench about 2"-3" wide and of similar depth will be made. This will be filled (not too much) with pellets. Also any over hanging grass will pushed back or trimmed. Any rogue pests that get past 1st barrier will succumbe to pellets scattered inside.

The deer is more problematic. But like the snails/slugs i will have a 2 barrier system. Firstly i will be getting thick green plastic fencing. It has holes like chicken wire. Sits 0.5m high so will insert in the ground a couple of inches around the base of every plant and 10" in diameter. This will allow growth up to the height of the fencing and deer not be able to chew in their. Once plants gets above this height is where my second line of defence comes. Around each site it will have bamboo canes (1.2m high) inseted fairly deep (to prevent deer knocking over and wind blowing them over. Over and around these canes will be pea/strawberry/bird netting (you know, the flimsy green stuff). Unlikely deer will wonder through that but around the canes i will be running a length of green metal gardening wire. Walking into something that is pulled tight should mean they go around it. This netting should also act as a screen so if they get yoo high the netting will stop upward growth. Also gonna use human pee as an extra detterent.

Next update will be when i germinate seeds. Watch this space.

Garden spot looks good & very stealthy Glasrow. Back when guerrilla grows were the norm, we tried all things of stuff to ward off deer. Peeing all around the site helped a bit & so did throwing out some meat to rot. The putrid smell might have made the deer think a predator was nearby. Rotten eggs give off sulfurous smell that they don't seem to like either. We even went down to local zoo to see if they'd give us some lion or tiger poop. Long haired hippies asking for wild animal poop got us some weird looks & reactions from zoo staff. Good luck...joining ya to watch.
:Namaste:

nice one Glasgrow. i hope to do something similar this year. yeh reeds are a good indicator that there be water below. i like the defenses too. i`am south west cumbria and have got my sights on a south facing spot sheltered and secluded not sure what i will plant yet.
regards.

Good stuff glasgrow, I'll be popping in to see how you get on if you don't mind. I think it's great growing outdoors like this, I mean if you can't do it indoors then why let it stop ya? Anyway hopefully it's a decent summer for you in Scotland. I assume they'll be growing onsite for the entire flower time roughly 8-10wks?

:thumb:

Not sure about putting out meat to rot, would entice maggots and flies. No local zoo around here either. Pee is free and eggs dont cost much.

Not sure about cumbria but if light is a problem like up here (photo's dont start till sept) then i advise doing autos. Most of your favourite strains will likely be available as an auto. Do them and try a couple of photos and see how they turn out.

Yeah, prob a week of veg once transplanted or very early into flowering. Just making sure last frost has gone. But 8 weeks outdoors should see them ready by the end of july. Hoping for 1 oz min per plant. Any more is a bonus.

20160428_085632.jpg
20160428_085557.jpg

So people the magical journey begins. Seeds are now soaking till tomorrow or till later tonight (depending on when seeds sink). Will sow onto paper towel to germinate and left in airing cupboard to sprout a tap root. I say this is day 0. Day 1 for me will be when seeds are placed into the propagator which i am hoping will be this weekend. May 1st would be good as easier to keep track of days. Regular updates while at home and site prepping. Less regular once they outdoors and left to their own devices.

From left to right or bottom to top (photo'ed them the wrong way): 10 x auto thc bomb, 5 x russian rocket fuel (rrf), 2 x himalaya orange diesel (hod), 1 x bubba kush (bk).

20160429_105408.jpg
20160429_105536.jpg

Seeds were soaked for approx 25 hours (had a lie-in) and all but 1 had sunk to the bottom of the glass (1 x auto thc bomb). 3 seeds were already showing a taproot (as you can see in the photos), and they are also the auto thc bomb. So far all is looking good. I envisage that most, if not all, will be showing taproots by tomorrow. If so then they will all be sown into my propagator and left on the windowsill to catch the morning sunrise (for approx 2 hours before it disappears behind the building). Left there for around 10 days before 1st transplant into small pots apart from the 2 balcony ones which will go into 2-3 gallon pots.

i was thinking about the slug problems out doors. you can get capillary like material that is impregnated with copper slugs and snails give copper a wide berth. cut a disc from material with hole in the middle of disc place in site and pop seed in middle.

i`am going to do clones that have been hardened off for out side. plant in site then copper material set round stalk.

said clones are not autos of course but i will try autos too.

this will be my first gorilla glasgrow so hope you don't mind if i comment.

regards.

Knock yourself out bud, post away with what you like. Pellets did well last year for slugs so will do the same again. May not be good for some wild life but given the choice of growing my own weed or destroying a wee bit if wildlife i choose the latter. Rather have a good stash of weed which i have grown myself and will last me a year rather than buying some sub-standard crap which is over-priced and underweight. I know one guy who i can get stuff from which is always good, reasonably priced and is always a bit more than what i ask for but i do have to travel an hour to see him and and hour back. I do also get free trim frim him to make bubble hash. Also my own grow will provide me with a lot if bubble hash and some wicked oil too.

Well they are all autos and can be planted out in sets of 6 in a triangle formation or sets of 3 x 2. As being autos they are unlikely to grow more than 1m in height and should blend in with surrounding vegetation. I dont think each plant will yield much more than 2oz tops so will be fairly quick in chopping them down at harvest time, shove in a black bag and taken to a mate's house to trim and dry. Personally i would be happy with an oz per plant. 18 plants with that yield = 18oz. 9oz 4 me and my pal. Also will throw some my mates way that i get trim from. Am sure he will appreciate tasting some of my fine 'erb :smokin::cool::tokin:

On another note this is now officially day 1 of my grow. Checked seeds earlier and all but 2 seeds have sprouted taproots. 1 x auto thc bomb and 1 x rrf not sprouted yet but the hod roots are massive. Will post a pic later and also a pic of them in their new home.

Back
Top Bottom