How often are you watering? when the container feels light
Type and strength of ferts used? fox farm trio, half strength as needed
WP_20160328_19_01_28_Pro.jpg
tote_lights.jpg
tote_closed.jpg
tote_lights_in_box.jpg
tote_plants_2.jpg
tote_plants_2_weeks.jpg

Im allowed to grow 12 plants, I currently have 11 going outside. So I need one more. Made this cheap project box grow so I can hopefully get one female out of the four. If it works well it may be used for future projects as well. Im not an indoor grower by any means. Im just doing what i need to. Today the tote plants turned 2 weeks. Seem to be doing well, no stretch, no burn, good color etc. feeding fox farm trio at half strength when the container feels light. No idea what the temp or humidity is. If I see some signs of trouble then ill go that route. I normally dont use nutes but this being a special situation AND THE FACT THE NUTES WERE MISS MARKED AND I PAID $2.00 PER.(notice price tag on products) Im making an exception. Should be interesting an fun.

Looks good so far! Hope you have the best of luck with the grow! Unique setup using the tote! Just goes to show you don't need the fanciest, most expensive stuff on the shelf to get the job done!

hey thanks!!! with this im really just winging it, I can see the draw to the indoor grows a little bit more now. I just really wanna get one more female out with the others but so far these plants are just loving the lights. I thought i was smart an only filled the solo cups three quarters full as i was preparing for the stretch and I could easily add more medium and fixed. but instead they stayed low and bulked up a bit. I had to scramble for some bigger containers as i dont wanna deal with the whole root bound issue. And now its become a little experiment with the nutes. wondering how necessary it is for the sledgehammer to flush, or just straight water for a few feedings. Once again part of the set up.
transplanted_bigger_pots.jpg
I dont know anything about lights either but from what ive researched ill be able to use these all the way through. My next problem is going to be figuring out how to keep them low. I cut the bottom out of another tote then inserted it in a ways. ill be able to raise it so i will have approx. 32 inches. I know ill have to crop them down. Ive been reading the sog method. I have no experience with these methods as well. I grow outdoor an do very little maintenance. So it seems this is becoming a project, experiment, with a lil maintenance thrown in. Oh well, something to do and learn from.

I noticed they were starting to get a little root bound so I transplanted into some bigger containers. The next few days Im going to come up with some kind of scrog/training. I only plan on keeping two in here. Seem to be healthy an content otherwise. Im amazed at the lights. But I dont have anything personally to compare it to. Before starting outdoor next year I will start them in this grow box until they are ready to come out of solo cups. Pics were as of today.
WP_20160418_14_19_58_Pro.jpg
WP_20160418_14_16_45_Pro.jpg
WP_20160418_14_16_22_Pro.jpg
WP_20160418_14_15_15_Pro.jpg

Nice living quarters upgrade Zacmac, never enough space is there... You'll ever it will be easier to manipulate them when you need to water and clip/train them. And as a bonus you get more ceiling space for your ladies. :thumb:

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Ps. Happy 420

Made a light out of a pan i found in my basement storage. Seemed like it would make a good light. So I did, installed two small fans for intake an out take of air, humidity and heat greatly reduced. Things are back on track and well, time for the stretch n wait. This micro grow is still only intended for one plant. Just need two more females to join the others outside.
WP_20160424_18_42_42_Pro.jpg
WP_20160424_19_11_40_Pro.jpg
WP_20160424_19_20_55_Pro.jpg

day 5 on the 12/12, still waiting, ugh... Since the additional fans temps havebeen awesome. I added the reflective to deter rust. My electric bill came, it was up 6 dollars more an that was for the month of 24/0. I don't think that's bad. I'm just glad they recovered from the humidity issue. Tips hot a lil burnt as I went from 25% to 50% with the nutes. So I'm going to try 40% next feeding.
WP_20160429_15_36_18_Pro.jpg
WP_20160429_15_36_28_Pro.jpg
WP_20160429_15_36_36_Pro.jpg
WP_20160429_15_36_45_Pro.jpg
WP_20160429_15_36_56_Pro.jpg
WP_20160429_15_37_13_Pro.jpg

3 of 4 were male, bummer, crapshoot an I lost, trimmed the monsters off her, fed an put back in cabinet, the lights are much closer after i took the pic. just bummed, Im still under my legal limit. Im going to attend high times cup in MI next month. Might be worth picking up 2 faster female outdoor seeds and just be done, after this cabinet grow is done ill have all winter to try again. till then Ill ride this one out an see where it goes.

Back
Top Bottom