CannaPeace's 1st Grow - 400W HID - GLR/DLC - Kryptonite/Anubis/Bag Seeds - 2015/2016

CannaPeace

Tue_Mar_29_07-11-29.jpg

Hi all and welcome to my first grow journal.
Huge thanks to all people from all around the world, sharing their experiences, knowledge and secrets, inspiring and leading me through my first grow. Some about 6 months ago, I decided to grow my own stuff, as I did 4-5 times before outdoors which were kind of guerilla grow and did not yield much in the lack of nutrients and regular watering. This time, I was totally clear and confident about what to do and I started to read everything I found on the internet. Finally 420 has become one of my favorite sources and I was amazed each time I realized how much experience had been gained, is being shared and how it is getting bigger that way. Besides being a huge source of knowledge, forums have done something else for me, which I discovered couple of weeks later when I found myself in a hurry to get back home to see what the people (you) had been doing in their gardens. I have been a smoker for 20 years and as most of you must have experienced, it has been nearly impossible to express any real thoughts and feelings about cannabis in the society during these years. You, all people here make me feel I am not alone which feels great. I now have more will and inspiration to be a part of cannabis legalization movement and help others to grow their own and raise awareness about cannabis.
During these weeks full of readings I had to lurk behind for security reasons. I did not have a secure internet line so I decided not to upload anything through my home pc and created this account to share my grow journal all at once when I move somewhere else after the harvest. For same reasons, I might be late to reply your questions and mentions so please remember that I don't have a 7/24 internet access.
So here I am to give you the details of my first indoors grow.

I decided to run Gas Lantern Routine for my grow after observing many completed and ongoing journals ended with success. I was not so sure about the electricity cost so I decided to start with a 400w hid system assisted by some cfl bulbs. Soil was the easiest option among the mediums and Biobizz Nutrients have been my choice for an organic grow.( Later on when I read about super soil, LOS , Brix and others, I realized that it was not really organic) Green Sensation has joined the game lately. What about the seeds? My girlfriend had 2 different strains she bought from Spain last year and did not have a chance to grow, which are Anubis and Kryptonite from Pyramid Seeds. In the days I was getting things ready, a friend gave me some sativa dominant weed for to try which was really potent and dense with some seeds inside and I wanted to give them a try. He said that he had delivered the seeds from a well-known site and that they had been some good genetics. I really don't remember the strain name or breeder even if he has spelled it. I lost contact with him so cannot make sure what strain it is. So they will count as bag seeds anyway. Since they had smelled and tasted very exotic I called them egzo for my journal. So you can follow them as Egzo-1, Egzo-2 and Egzo-3. Other 2 bag seeds are X1 and X1a from last summer. Some other bag seeds will be called New Generation later on, when sprouted 20 days after the lead plants.

Here we go with the list of things
SEEDS
Kryptonite X 2
Anubis X 1
Bag seeds X many

EQUİPMENT
1mX1mX1.80M Grow Cabin
400 w Ballast
400 w MH bulb
400 w HPS bulb
Cooltube 125
100w 2700k cfl
23w 6500 k cfl X 2
Green filtered headlamp
350m3/h silent fan sp for air out
200m3/h fan sp for air in
425m3/h carbon filter can-lite
15 cm ventilator X 2
Humidifier X 2
PH test kit large scale
PH /Moist-meter for soil
Thermometer /Hygrometer
Smart Pots 5g X 4
Smaller Plastic Pots
Peat Tablets
500 X USB Microscope
60X Microscope
20X Loupe
Timers
Plastic coated wire
Metal tape
Chains for hanging
Hooks
MEDİUM
Biobizz Allmix Soil
Biobizz Lightmix Soil

NUTRİENTS
-BioBizz-
Bio-grow
Bio-bloom
Root Juice
Alg-a-mic
Topmax
Bio Heaven
Green Sensation by Plagron
Ready!
I put the seeds in tablets on 8/12/2015 (December). The First one to sprout was Anubis in 3 days and others followed it in a week .First days were all about trying to find the right range for humidity, heat, air flow and bulb distance.MH lamp did not produce much heat compared to HPS at the beginning so I did not let the window open all the time for the first 10 days maybe. Later on I discovered that I could control the amount of air getting in and out by stabilizing the window by a piece of tape in different varieties. With that, I gained the ultimate control on heat by using the window as a dimmer button. I tried to keep the temp 20-23 C degrees and humidity % 60-70 during veg stage to have higher chances of females. First 10 days with less air in, some 25-26 C's have been experienced but not for long .It was easy to regulate the humidity during veg stage with 2 humidifiers working synchronized with GLR light cycle. Seeds started in tablets, put in 200 cc plastics in a week, transplanted to 3lt pots in the second week and finally transplanted to 5 gal smart pots, except mainlined Egzo-3 which is finished in a 5lt plastic water bottle. I used many plastic water bottles made many holes around and covered the bottles with clothes to protect the roots from bright light. All-mix and light mix have been mixed in different amounts for each size of pots.
Let me give you some visual motivation to keep you on reading my journal before you get bored with all that long story. I was telling myself to take it short but after a few hours of typing, I can understand how people are sharing books full of information in endless paragraphs within days.

IMG_009a.jpg

IMG_009.JPG

IMG_013645.JPG
IMG_014445.JPG
IMG_015454.JPG

I germinated 9 seeds and all came out. There were 2 Kryptonite seeds but one of them could not make it after the first transplant and just died in a couple of days. I really have no idea what happened to her. She had been in the exact same conditions with the others. One of the bag seeds, X2 also did not grow in a healthy way and got deformed for some reason. But I still kept it and tried to cure with a flush and less nutrients and it worked. He, later on became one of the males. So, after the second transplant, I had 7 plants left doing fine. As we were on day 9 I decided to start veg stage, feeding with the nutrients for the first time. I started fimming and topping on day 12 of veg which was my first experience. Lst has also started on these days with some bending and light weights.

IMG_017345.JPG
IMG_019647.JPG
IMG_015654.JPG
IMG_019245.JPG

After 4 days I was sure about what fimming is and is not. So I topped the misfimmed plants and fimmed only kryptonite once more and it worked this time. In the early days of my readings, fimming looked like a magical way to create 4 colas instead of 2 and I was thinking all the 4 stems would come from the same beginning point. What I know now is, it is just, topping 4 new growth tips at the same time. Since the inner growth is very tiny, it is very easy to miss to cut the right place when fimming. Anyway, after a few days, there came the new growth and once they recovered from all that stress given, the plants just went on growing even better as if nothing has happened.

IMG_024857.JPG
IMG_028044.JPG
IMG_033841.JPG
IMG_035540.JPG

I started to feed with half dose and foliar spray with algamic three times a week until the second week of flowering. Mh lamp was 60cm far from the top of the plants in the beginning and went closer as the days passed, up to 30 cm till at the end of veg. Some serious Lst started on 3rd week and never stopped till mid flowering. On the 3rd week, I also observed the first pre-flowers on some plants .The bag seeds called Egzo started to stink from the 2nd week and all others began to show off their characteristics both in odor and visual before they were a month old. Anubis has become my favorite girl during these days of heavy training with her strength, flexibility, beauty, odor and the way she never minded about any source of stress . She never complained about anything.
Here are some more pictures beginning with Anubis'.

IMG_042345.JPG
IMG_042440.JPG
IMG_042040.JPG
IMG_042139.JPG
IMG_043339.JPG
IMG_0434a.JPG
IMG_019647.JPG
IMG_028044.JPG
IMG_029239.JPG

As the plants started to show sex during the weeks 3-4 of veg I decided to germinate some other bag seeds to replace the males and fill the empty spaces in the tent. Most of them were Egzo bag seeds and some other bag seeds I called Black Dwarf since they were quite dark in color and really tiny. They have been the latest sprouted ones, last one after 12 days with major help but she has become a girl later on. Another one of the dwarfs has become the only hermie later in the 3rd week of flowering, pollen sacks operated.

IMG_0350a.jpg
IMG_047540.JPG
IMG_044033.JPG
IMG_050230.JPG
IMG_054538.JPG

2-3 hours after watering. Heeaaads up!

IMG_057743.JPG

When I first started topping I topped one of the plants to become a mainlined girl. X1 was looking really healthy and I decided on it. When the first males started to show off, I topped Egzo-3 to train another one for mainlining just in case X1 turns male. And he did so. Here they are.
This is X1

IMG_0533XXX.JPG

This is Egzo-3

IMG_0631E3.JPG

And this is X1a in a pink dress with blue stripes, another one turning male first, then veg juice : )

IMG_0566XXX1A.JPG

Things just went fine during the vegetative stage and I have never stopped reading and finding many answers to my questions. The more I read, the more questions I had, so I kept on reading and tried to understand what is happening there. I wrote a diary in my own language over 300 pages with every detail I observed which would be very hard to translate and put in here. So I am just giving the highlights of my journal for this time and looking forward to share my next grows day by day.
Ok, let's go on with some supercropping pictures. I started supercropping trying one stem each day and went on doing more, as I made sure it neither stressed the plant nor the stem itself much. I can say it worked wonders even I was not fully successful with it. I could easily see the difference between the ones supercropped and others in 10-15 days. But the ones I did during the flowering have been the best proof of success of supercropping. I applied it to lower stems with weaker growth nearly in the middle of flowering and watched them getting double compared to their neighbors just centimeters away untouched. Here we go!

IMG_058041.JPG
IMG_058837.JPG
IMG_061127.JPG
IMG_061339.JPG
IMG_068540.JPG

I trained this young lady to create a slit on her stem to provide better air flow .)

IMG_061540.JPG

About a month later...
IMG_2754SC.JPG

It seems to have enjoyed the air flow, doesn't it? : ))
That was just an accident caused by my impatience during a bending session. Recovered quite fast though. And that probably only helped raising the chances of having fungus or bud rot which actually did not occur. On the same plant I tried another supercrop just 3-4 cm above this airy one just to see what is going to happen and it really went fat as the weeks passed by.

IMG_275612.JPG

Helped these beauties a lot...
IMG_2384SC.JPG

Re: CannaPeace's First Grow 400wHID/GLR-DLC Kryptonite+Anubis+Bagseeds in Soil 2015-2

I was so lucky to observe some rare exceptions as below.

IMG_0664PHENO.JPG

This unique leaf was created by Anubis and it was already reverse when I realized it. It was on a stem covered by upper fan leaves and that area was unable to get direct light. This very leaf probably started growing with this information, and turned itself into a form that it could reach some light. I could not believe my eyes when I saw it. But then, something more interesting happened and this smart leaf started rotating itself into a different angle, still trying to get better light and it did it. Finally it became an ordinary fan leaf with an extra ordinary story : )

IMG_031240.JPG
IMG_031736.JPG
IMG_035134.JPG
IMG_035341.JPG

Here are some other pictures of Veg stage which was 6 weeks ( 42 days) in total.

IMG_050142.JPG
IMG_057743.JPG

Ponytails really helped a lot. Here you can see in the middle. During the vegetative stage I avoided pruning and tried to create spaces for light with ponytails, lst and bending the big leaves underneath.

IMG_065838.JPG
IMG_067333.JPG
IMG_067444.JPG

I fed them every fifth day with Biobizz nutrients regarding to suggested nutrient schedule and they seemed to be happy during the whole grow with an exception you will see later on below. And that was my mistake for sure. After couple of feedings I got used to it and was able to understand which plant needs how much .I tried to maintain a ph level of 6.5 for feedings. I used 2 different types of water with different ph levels to regulate the final ph level of feeding water. With this, I did not have to use Ph up-down products. Kryptonite has been by far the most drinker among them and Anubis was still happy with less, despite the fact that she has always been the most leafy and bushy one. After the switch I flipped watering to every 4th day until the end of week 7 of flowering and flushed till harvest.
When we had reached week 7 of veg, I was %99 sure about the sex of the plants. Anubis and Kryp were feminized already and all 3 Egzo plants had shown pistils. Since X1 (brother of X1a) had shown sex earlier, becoming a male and X1a did not so, I thought that X1a will become a girl even she did not have any pistils or pollen sacks yet. So I was really close to or maybe over the limits for 7 big girls and 9 younger ones and decided to switch to bloom after 42 days of vegetative stage.
I switched to HPS after a week to let them gain some more height and did not fully start the flowering nutrients until day 9. Meanwhile, on the 3rd day of flowering X1a was ready to be blended to become veg juice, very delicious indeed with some fresh ginger and lemon skin touch on rocks and tasted exactly the same as peach nectar that way. That was the upside of the story but I was really disappointed with losing a potential girl and it went worse when I saw pollen sacks on Egzo-1 which was the biggest and fastest plant in my 1 m2 garden. I was actually sure about her sex. I had seen pistils on her stems and was expecting her to be the highest yielder among all girls. So, losing one more plant to sex issues, I was left with some unexpected space, which also meant more space for four big girls and 5 youngsters which turned female out of 9 seeds in the following days. So I re-arranged the positions of the pots for their final location, which did not change much till the end.
So here we go with some pictures from the first days of flowering. You can see the 100 w 27ooK cfl above Egzo-3 that moved to the left corner after X1a waved goodbye.

IMG_070143.JPG
IMG_071743.JPG
IMG_073136.JPG

And after HPS. Egzo-1 still inside far behind the lamp right across the entrance.

IMG_078536.JPG
IMG_079532.JPG

2 hours after feeding ( Egzo- 1 out, Egzo- 2 at where he used to stand now )
IMG_082034.JPG

3 hours after feeding
IMG_082143.JPG

8 hours later
IMG_082244.JPG

Re: CannaPeace's First Grow 400wHID/GLR-DLC Kryptonite+Anubis+Bagseeds in Soil 2015-2

Wow... Amazing first Journal posts... I'm captivated, sign me up for this grow. Your training is very good man, always enjoy watching the process. Great pics too.
Keep up the good work and... :ciao:

KiG :green_heart:cheers,

By the 12th day of flowering all of the plants including youngsters have shown sex and started producing pistils all around. So I had four big girls and 5 little ones looking like auto versions of others. I hanged 3 of them with ropes and simple knots from the ceiling bars to give them a stronger light and better penetration and to save some space on the floor. You can see the final setup and youngsters hanging from both sides in the first picture.

IMG_0912A.jpg
IMG_082437.JPG
IMG_088233.JPG
IMG_089234.JPG

That little one you see in the last picture is one of my grafting trials. I did not have such a thing in mind but when I saw the little water drop occurring at the top of the cut stem of one of the males, I cut a little branch from one of the lower stems of Egzo-2 and put it inside the cut stem and it just fit. I covered it with some tape and hanged it too. She looked really healthy at the beginning so I decided to do some more. I did one from Anubis and one from Kryptonite. They were really unsteady, looking good one day and droopy on the other. I should have maintained lower temps and higher humidity and of course I should have done such a thing earlier in the vegetative stage but I still wanted to give them a try and see what will happen. I could use a cfl outside the tent for them but that would cause 1-2 C degrees reduce in room temperature as they would not have enough time to catch the others in flowering later on. So, they struggled for couple of weeks and then just gave up. There was also an Anubis clone which actually is one of the main stems of Anubis, broken during a Lst session. Cloning was not in my things to do list for my first grow so I did not have any gels or other stuff for this kind of situation. But I still wanted to give it a try and used honey instead but I am not sure if it worked fine. She did not grow much in nearly 2 months and I decided to put it out somewhere in soil and give her another chance. Here are some grafting pictures

IMG_104132.JPG
IMG_086341.JPG
IMG_086534.JPG
IMG_086635.JPG
IMG_087735.JPG
IMG_087831.JPG
IMG_088731.JPG
IMG_088830.JPG
IMG_088930.JPG
IMG_091643.JPG
IMG_091732.JPG

Week 2 Flowering

IMG_091131.JPG
IMG_092526.JPG
IMG_092626.JPG
IMG_093226.JPG

Week 3 Flowering

IMG_108336.JPG
IMG_099732.JPG
IMG_100640.JPG
IMG_108447.JPG
IMG_100835.JPG
IMG_104430.JPG
IMG_114529.JPG

Week 4 Flowering
At the beginning of week 4, I started adding Plagron Green Sensation, 1 ml/l in feeding mixture and reduced the amount of Bio-heaven and bio-bloom in nearly half for the first 2 feeds. People at Biobizz and Plagron have been really friendly and helpful, kindly replying my mails full of questions during these days. After 2-3 days I started to observe significant growth at the tops supported by great pistil production, with a more flashy tone of green in the leaves. During mid February we had temperatures above the usual averages such as 24-26 C in day time and 16-17 C in night time and repeated in March during the last weeks of flowering. So I had to find a way to reduce the temperature in the tent, measured near the closest tops to the light. I had to use an air-conditioner which I did not have, so I decided to make one. I bought some plastic drain pipes and fixed them together to make a duct and connected that with the tent with some part getting in and fixed to 20-30 cm aluminum pipe to let rotate the flow inside. I mounted the induct fan inside the top of the pipe and covered the entrance with 2 layers of fly-net to stop the cat fur and other fuzzy stuff form leaking inside. I put plastic bottles with frozen water inside in the pipe and cooled down the air in 1-2 degrees when needed. After some time as I lowered the distance between the bulb and the plants, I had to use more ice and I started to put the bottles inside just behind the ventilators hanging them from the ceiling bars. They could drop the temps up to 2 degrees and lasted about 3-4 hours each set. Each set included one 5 lt. , one 1.5 lt. and three 0.5 lt. bottles. With that setup I made my way till the harvest, maintaining the range I had aimed before. I was lucky with humidity which started going below %50 after the 4th week of flowering and did not go back to fifties much. So let’s go on with the pictures of this set up and more

IMG_1152alets.JPG
IMG_1152alets2.JPG
IMG_1152alets3.JPG
IMG_1152alets4.JPG
IMG_108336.JPG
IMG_1174a.JPG
IMG_117536.JPG
IMG_119332.JPG
IMG_1193yn.JPG
IMG_114632.JPG

On the 4th week, while I was searching for pests and bananas, I found pollen sacks on the lower sites of one of the dwarfs which looked like a sativa phenotype unlike the other two. I was ready for this situation and torn the sacks apart letting them go with the water from the tap after taking photos.

IMG_130024.JPG
IMG_130133.JPG
IMG_130230.JPG
IMG_119432.JPG
IMG_120335.JPG
IMG_128530.JPG
IMG_130734.JPG
IMG_137036.JPG
IMG_139422.JPG
IMG_140427.JPG
IMG_141332.JPG
IMG_130827.JPG
IMG_134132.JPG
IMG_129729.JPG
IMG_137634.JPG

Week 5 Flowering

At the beginning of the 5th week of flowering I adjusted the timer to 10,5 hours of light which had been 11 hours for last 2 weeks. After then, I dropped it by half an hour every week. Nice growth went on during the fifth week and stretching seemed to reach its peak. I started heavier pruning to let light reach more bud sites. It was a spring atmosphere more than mid-summer, like April time in nature with growing flowers and countless white pistils on them spreading fruity and musky odors maturing from day to day. There was an extra scent besides the usual one, occurring right after the light went off, lasted about 5-10 minutes effectively and reduced later on, which was more concentrated and some smell like fresh cut grass. Growth seemed to slow down a bit for a few days after pruning but came back with more before the week ended.

IMG_138431.JPG
IMG_138534.JPG
IMG_154827.JPG
IMG_158421.JPG
IMG_143335.JPG
IMG_143832.JPG
IMG_158929.JPG
IMG_161223.JPG
IMG_161932.JPG

I had to clean the ventilators every other week due to cat hair issues and highly calcic water I used in humidifiers. Humidifiers also had to be cleaned out of lime every ten days especially during veg stage, when they worked full capacity 12 hours each. And, 3 times in 4 months, I cleaned the induct fan out of the same stuff. Calcic water coming from the tap also seems to have helped with cal-mag issues which I’ve seen in many journals. I am just learning, but it seems I did not have any signs of cal-mag deficiency during any stages of the whole grow and tap water might be the reason for that imho.

IMG_029337.JPG
IMG_029433.JPG
IMG_055637.JPG

Week 6 Flowering
I started full dose feeding at the end of week 5 and observed some nutrient burn signs at the tips of some leaves of the plants. The mainlined plant Egzo-3 was in a 5 Lt pot and probably taking more nutrients than the ones in 20 Lt smart pots. She was going pretty well till the 2 feedings in the 6th week. I wanted to give her a diluted dose to stop the burn at the tips and had to use unrested tap water while regulating the PH level. I think I raised the PH level close to 7.0 and caused some sort of lock and made her stop reaching some nutrients. She slowed her growth down, yellowing her leaves faster with tip-burns getting wider. I guess I should have flushed asap at that point but I failed to wait until the soil is dry again and did a flush only in the middle of the 6th week and started feeding again with lighter dose. Despite all the bad conditions she had to face, she never stopped trichome and pistil production and went quite white and frosty after then.
After a month of shipping, with the arrival of 500X USB Digital Microscope which costs 10$, I started having much better visions of trichomes and other details. Besides tip-burn issue on Egzo-3, things went quite fine in the tent and beautiful growth of the girls went on. Each time I opened the tent, they welcomed me with cheer, hands and heads up, dancing with the nonstop breeze making me watch them for minutes with an unavoidable smile : )

IMG_177723.JPG
IMG_186826.JPG
IMG_189625.JPG
IMG_191724.JPG
IMG_192527.JPG
IMG_196719.JPG
IMG_178123.JPG
IMG_183321.JPG
IMG_198523.JPG
IMG_198724.JPG

I was reading about bud back building for a while and I wanted to give it a try at the end of week 6. I also added a USB fan to give a better air flow around the lower branches. Here are some pictures from last days of the 6th week and Egzo-3 (pictures 2-3-4-5).

IMG_195925.JPG
IMG_2114b.JPG
IMG_2114a.JPG
IMG_211422.JPG
IMG_214019.JPG
IMG_207619.JPG
IMG_209426.JPG
IMG_200924.JPG
IMG_205719.JPG

Here are the first USB microscope shots.

06_03_6_.jpg
04_03_3_.jpg
06_03_5_.jpg
04_03_2_.jpg
04_03_4_.jpg
06_03_9_.jpg
06_03_4_.jpg
06_03_2_.jpg

Week 8 Flowering

As I reached the 8th week of flowering, after playing a guess-game for a few days on the amber % of trichomes at the harvest, detecting the trichomes every other day, I decided to start flushing. I used 6.5 PH water every 3rd day and repeated 4 times before harvest. I flushed the girls with 2-3 times more water than used for feeding. The 8th week was also the beginning of some little testers. I will write about that with more details in the strain review section of this journal but just to let you know in advance, I can say that the first experience I had with a tiny, 3 days dried Kryptonite bud from a lower stem was totally awesome and orgasmic after 4 months of work and patience. It was not dried and cured properly but still one of the smoothest and most delicious tastes I’ve ever smoked or smelled. Both taste, smell and buzz were so intense and clear. I think this was the first time I smoked a bud with such a low amber % on its trichomes (% 10-15). Couple of days later, I cut some stems from Egzo-2 and Kryptonite and kind of started the harvest.

IMG_245920.JPG
IMG_251419.JPG
IMG_268511.JPG
IMG_270314.JPG
IMG_257615.JPG
IMG_248320.JPG
IMG_248515.JPG
IMG_248822.JPG
IMG_249420.JPG
IMG_253816.JPG
IMG_257719.JPG
IMG_258021.JPG
IMG_267514.JPG
IMG_267716.JPG

Here are some pictures from the pre-harvest.

IMG_259116.JPG
IMG_259712.JPG
IMG_260117.JPG
IMG_260820.JPG
11-10.jpg
14-12.jpg
14-8.jpg
14-10.jpg
17-11.jpg
19-11.jpg
19-12.jpg
19-13.jpg
Mon_Mar_21_05-05-19.jpg
Sun_Mar_27_02-25-50.jpg
14-.jpg
19-3.jpg
Mon_Mar_21_06-18-12.jpg
Mon_Mar_21_06-33-24.jpg

Week 9 Flowering

At the beginning of the 9th week, a big surprise was waiting for me. I was looking for the right sugar leaves to cut for trichome detection when I saw a suspicious seed sack on one of the Anubis tops. I already had the scissors in the hand and just cut it with the other samples. After some more search, I found another one and cut it too just for detection and to make sure if there are really seeds inside. Before I went in the other room for trichome detection, I was % 100 sure that I was not the only male with an access to the buds and that, this tiny beautiful thing I was holding between my fingers was my grandchild : )) It was such a weird feeling I had ; I was like “ oh noooo “ for a few seconds with a feeling of failure and disappointment. I was almost angry with myself for not taking care of the bananas and I started to look for the dadmom. The plant I called Hermie when she shot some pollen sacks out earlier was no 1 suspect and only after a detailed checkover I could find a very tiny banana which was still young and could not be responsible for that issue. Also meaning, I probably missed another tiny banana on that tiny plant, it got matured and pollinated some of the buds while I was high in the clouds celebrating my early harvest. : )) Since my tent was too crowded to observe without moving the plants, I could only detect the nanners/bananas while I was feeding. Actually I was doing everything at once such as, feeding first, then pruning and finally training and doing the detecting during these stages. But since I had 9 girls in total I had to do all that work as soon as possible which could take up to 3 hours sometimes and this was more than the quarter of total lights on time. So, putting the girls back in a hurry I must have missed that banana. I was actually so eager to try pollinating some of the buds manually, as I have seen on some journals. But when the girls have started flowering and things have changed, fighting with heat and humidity issues causing a lot of work and ending with sleepless but joyful days and nights, I decided not to take risk and more work and delayed this experience to the next grows. Finally, I removed that tiny banana from Hermie and had a closer look at all buds in the following days but did not find any others. I also did not observe more seed sacks on the buds, just relaxing me and making me even happier to have a few seeds without ruining the whole grow. As the days passed by I started to find seeds in the dried buds from the pre-harvest such as one in a gram or less. I picked them carefully, took pictures and put them in the fridge where my first delivered seeds are waiting for their time. You will find my seeds list below, I delivered from Herbies and I will be really looking forward for your opinions and suggestions on them.
I kept on flushing the plants and taking leaf and calyx samples, watching the trichomes evolving. Here are the pictures from 9th week of flowering.

IMG_271318.JPG
IMG_28379.JPG
IMG_291517.JPG
IMG_272921.JPG

This little fat girl above is one of the Egzo bag seeds bulking really nicely.

IMG_274511.JPG

This one above and the 2 following below are beautiful Anubis tops. By the way, Anubis is a natural born killer. I can recommend her for psycho active effects high buzz lovers.

IMG_274615.JPG
IMG_274813.JPG
IMG_277610.JPG

And these lovely redhead ladies are Egzo-3 and a younger Egzo with a pyramid top, you can also see in some other pictures.
IMG_280114.JPG
IMG_280816.JPG
IMG_281517.JPG
IMG_28199.JPG
IMG_282111.JPG
IMG_285911.JPG
IMG_286510.JPG
IMG_287012.JPG
IMG_28837.JPG
IMG_290213.JPG
IMG_29469.JPG
IMG_295614.JPG
IMG_299819.JPG

And here is the seed from Anubis. The one on the cover among samples was damaged by the scissors.

IMG_28888.JPG
IMG_2888A.jpg
IMG_294110.JPG
IMG_301313.JPG

Weeks 10-11 Flowering

Finally we reached the final week and as I started to observe % 30-40 amber trichomes I decided to start harvest. All plants had different percentages of amber so they were harvested in different days. Starting with another pre-harvest, first I cut 2 stems from each big girl except mainlined Egzo-3 and 3 days later I injured the main stems of two big girls Egzo-2 and Anubis by making a slit by knife and laid them down without hurting too much. I knew this technique before and as I noticed growers proceeding I wanted to give a try and I think it seems to have worked well with a 48 hours darkness. Each girl was covered with extra shiny stuff after this isolation, giving me nice pictures for visual pleasure as well. Couple of days later it was Egzo-3's turn to take the darkness and some harm. She came out to be the frostiest girl and gave me the biggest trim paste ball among all girls. It was an hour of uplifting and energizing buzz with a quite high happy mood putting a large smile on my face. At the end of week 10, Kryptonite and Little Dwarf were the only plants left in the tent, still trying to create more trichomes instead of turning them into amber : )) I was patient enough to wait some more days and let the soil get dry completely. As their leaves started to decay I checked the trichomes once more and saw them crossing the % 50 line on some leaves. Little Dwarf was also looking ready with a percentage of % 40-60 of amber trichomes. Actually trichomes on some girls were not only amber in color, but also purple, pink, red, brown and even black. Only one of the girls produced purple color on leaves which is one of the new generation Egzo youngsters, the one with a pyramid head. Exactly on the top of that pyramid she displayed some tiny sugar leaves but no more. Only after the harvest I observed her trimmed leaves going purple as they dried. Kryptonite also produced some beautiful purple trichomes, exposing her genes from Granada Mountains but no purple leaves. Here we go with the final week and harvest pictures. Trichomes first this time.

Thu_Mar_31_07-48-03.jpg
Sun_Apr_03_08-41-55.jpg
Sun_Apr_03_08-42-52.jpg
Sun_Apr_03_08-44-00.jpg

Little Dwarf ( local bag seed ) had these strange beautiful circles at the bottom of some trichomes.

Sun_Apr_03_08-44-28.jpg
Thu_Mar_31_01-15-54.jpg
Thu_Mar_31_01-18-33.jpg

Look at these lovely black punches. They don't look so innocent, do they? : ))
Fri_Mar_25_03-57-34.jpg
Fri_Mar_25_04-09-19.jpg
Fri_Mar_25_04-17-33.jpg
Thu_Mar_31_06-51-59.jpg
Thu_Mar_31_07-04-19.jpg
Tue_Mar_29_08-31-44.jpg
Tue_Mar_29_08-32-16.jpg
Tue_Mar_29_08-42-32.jpg
Mon_Mar_21_04-35-10.jpg
Sun_Apr_03_08-05-57.jpg
Thu_Mar_31_07-26-15.jpg
Thu_Mar_31_07-29-00.jpg
Tue_Apr_05_01-18-19.jpg
Sun_Apr_03_08-21-17.jpg

Kryptonite and one of the young Egzo plants (pyramid top) have shown some beautiful purples.

Tue_Mar_29_09-09-11.jpg
Sun_Mar_27_04-22-33.jpg
Sun_Mar_27_04-24-59.jpg
Thu_Mar_31_08-30-05.jpg
Tue_Apr_05_00-53-13.jpg
Tue_Apr_05_01-02-39.jpg
Tue_Apr_05_01-04-25.jpg
Tue_Apr_05_01-10-58.jpg
Sun_Mar_27_00-57-59.jpg
Sun_Mar_27_00-58-31.jpg
Sun_Mar_27_01-02-47.jpg
Sun_Mar_27_01-15-16.jpg
Tue_Mar_29_05-40-18.jpg
Tue_Mar_29_06-28-23.jpg
Tue_Mar_29_06-29-46.jpg
Tue_Mar_29_06-35-25.jpg
Sun_Mar_27_01-50-16.jpg
Thu_Mar_31_03-25-04.jpg
Thu_Mar_31_06-35-02.jpg
Thu_Mar_31_06-36-33.jpg
Tue_Mar_29_07-20-24.jpg
Tue_Mar_29_07-28-16.jpg
Tue_Mar_29_07-11-291.jpg
IMG_301811.JPG
IMG_304612.JPG

Last family photo before the harvest.

IMG_306015.JPG

This was my first weight of the first pre-harvest buds. Egzo-2 had 12 big stems in total and this is 4 of them harvested at the beginning of harvest window and cured about a week. It was actually something over 11 grams with the testers and small gifts for mates. So this gave me an idea about the possible total and got my feet back on the ground : ) Honestly, I was dreaming of over 200 grams in total which did not look so possible after that day but also made me start thinking of my mistakes and I recognized many so far : )

IMG_295913.JPG

This one is from 2 weaker stems of Kryptonite which was actually over 3 grams in total. She really deserves her name with that unique taste and buzz. Unique for me at least : )

IMG_296214.JPG

These are the stems from the 2nd pre-harvest.

IMG_307519.JPG

Anubis on the left, Kryptonite on the right.
IMG_308116.JPG

How I harmed them before the 48 hours darkness.

IMG_308211.JPG
IMG_308513.JPG
IMG_308711.JPG
IMG_309511.JPG
IMG_309614.JPG
IMG_309713.JPG
IMG_314412.JPG
IMG_31497.JPG

Supercropped bulky lollipops of Egzo-2. They were great for testers, drying faster than bigger buds.
IMG_31648.JPG
IMG_318416.JPG
IMG_318715.JPG
IMG_31918.JPG
IMG_319412.JPG

Main harvest, nearly half of total.

IMG_320111.JPG

Some close up pictures taken with 20X loupe manually connected with my iphone, just after the 48 hours darkness. And yes, there were fresh shiny spots on them.

IMG_320715.JPG
IMG_32098.JPG

At the beginning of 11th week Kryptonite and Little Dwarf were left alone inside. One being the tallest and the other being the shortest, they somehow came together to get some more color in trichomes while their soil was getting totally dry. Couple of days later they were chopped.

IMG_32696.JPG

IMG_321512.JPG
IMG_32169.JPG
IMG_321811.JPG
IMG_322010.JPG
IMG_322310.JPG
IMG_322414.JPG
IMG_322613.JPG

One more fresh seed from the pyramid top young Egzo girl with few purple sugar leaves right at the top you will see in the following pictures.
IMG_322911.JPG
IMG_32318.JPG
IMG_323510.JPG
IMG_323712.JPG
IMG_32429.JPG
IMG_324710.JPG
IMG_325217.JPG
IMG_32539.JPG

Mainlined Egzo-3 down finally 2 days after Anubis and Egzo-2 and 2 days before Kryptonite.

IMG_325614.JPG
IMG_32629.JPG

This tiny scissors hash was her delightful gift for me.
IMG_326812.JPG
IMG_331512.JPG
IMG_33169.JPG

Here is the list of my new seeds delivered from Herbies. Hoping to grow some of them outdoors this summer starting in a few weeks with the autos which is gonna be my first auto experience.

Heavyweight Jackpot Auto Autoflowering Feminised Seeds
1 Seeds Per Pack
Sweet Dark Devil Auto Autoflowering Feminised Seeds
3 Seeds Per Pack
Dutch Passion AutoUltimate Autoflowering Feminised Seeds
1 Seeds Per Pack
Dutch Passion Think Different Autoflowering Feminised Seeds
1 Seeds Per Pack
Fast Buds LSD-25 Autoflowering Feminised Seeds
1 Seeds Per Pack
Fast Buds Six Shooter Autoflowering Feminised Seeds
1 Seeds Per Pack
Kannabia Mikromachine Autoflowering Feminised Seeds
1 Seeds Per Pack
Vision White Widow Auto Autoflowering Feminised Seeds
1 Seeds Per Pack
Sweet Cream Caramel Feminised Seeds
1 Seeds Per Pack
Heavyweight Fast & Vast Auto Autoflowering Feminised Seeds
1 Seeds Per Pack
Buddha Magnum Autoflowering Feminised Seeds
1 Seeds Per Pack
Strain Hunters Money Maker Feminised Seeds
1 Seeds Per Pack
Female Lemon Kush Feminised Seeds
1 Seeds Per Pack
Heavyweight 2 Fast 2 Vast Auto Autoflowering Feminised Seeds
1 Seeds Per Pack
Sensi Super Skunk Feminised Seeds
1 Seeds Per Pack
Vision Northern Lights Feminised Seeds
1 Seeds Per Pack
Bomb THC Bomb Auto Autoflowering Feminised Seeds
1 Seeds Per Pack
FREE: 1 X Dinafem OG Kush Feminised Seed, 2 X Dinafem Cheese Feminised Seeds, 3 X Dinafem Critical+ Feminised Seeds, 10 X Afghani Regular Seeds

After about 120 days, 400w ballast is off now and Kryptonite buds have been drying inside the tent for 3 days and they look ready to be separated from the stems. I will be doing that in a few hours but first I want to post my first grow journal and share my story with you finally. I will keep on posting and let you know about the final weight maybe in a week after Kryp is ready. I will also add the strain reviews and some other stuff about the whole process. You are all welcome to ask, comment, criticize, suggest and compliment : ))
As I said at the beginning of the journal, please keep in mind that I don't have 7/24 internet access and may not reply for a while. I wish you a great day and thanks for visiting. Peace and Love.

Wow... Amazing first Journal posts... I'm captivated, sign me up for this grow. Your training is very good man, always enjoy watching the process. Great pics too.
Keep up the good work and... :ciao:

KiG :green_heart:cheers,

Thanks a lot Snidrajsed. I was one of your WW-NL grow lurkers and you are also doing just great. Congrats on your harvest of your Maria. I delivered the same seeds from a different breeder and looking forward to start them. Thanks for visiting.

Re: CannaPeace's First Grow 400wHID/GLR-DLC Kryptonite/Anubis/Bagseeds In Soil 2015-2

Exemplary journal from the start. You have a talent for journaling already. Fantastic pics and beautiful healthy green plants. I will sit over by Snid and spark up a joint and watch! I saw the end of the USB scope. Which one are you using?

Make sure I've joined you with one of my Egzo-2 buds : )) Great to hear these words from my menthors. I just tried to copy what other growers did and tried to observe and learn what's going on there and had so much fun. I used this one below for detections. I am not sure if it is ok to give product links so please correct me if I am wrong.
5X USB 8 LED Light Digital Microscope Endoscope Video Camera Magnifier Magnification-in Microscopes from Industry & Business on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

It costed just 12$ with a free shipping and lasted about a month to ship becouse of my location. But it worked wonders anyway.
Thanks for visiting and all the good words. Have a great day.

Re: CannaPeace's 1st Grow - 400W HID - GLR/DLC - Kryptonite/Anubis/Bag Seeds - 2015/2

After about 5 months of work and wait I am now enjoying my harvest :) and getting ready to start typing the strain reviews and cure updates. I am actually having one of the best times of my life with all that process adding me so many things. I just dont wanna be boring and trying to shorten my experessions most of the time but there are certain things I need to share, like this little story how eveyrthing began. I was surfing on the net, discovering how awesome people are and wathcing those crazy grows with incredible harvests but on the other hand I was worried about the next meet with the dealer looking at the last little pieces of buds in the tiny plastic bag.Made a roll on went on surfing and shocked to see that picture with the same situation I am in. :) It was written " Don't let this happen to you!" above the picture and that was the right time to see it for sure. Couple of days later I was in that shop where I got most of the things from : ) Five months later I am here to share my story with the people with an emotional and spiritual openness as I wished all the time. Being surrounded by an unfair world, we are unfortunatelly not in equal conditions when it comes to freedom. Being here is kind of of breathing for me in that way and possibly one of the most important reasons to be here. Thank you all for enlarging my freedom.

I would highly appriciate your opinions and suggestions on my new grow seeds which you can find a few posts above. I will start germinating some of them in a week and start a journal after ending this one giving the final totals with pictures. Wish you all a great day full of joy and fun :)

Re: CannaPeace's 1st Grow - 400W HID - GLR/DLC - Kryptonite/Anubis/Bag Seeds - 2015/2

Nice grow mate top job;). And a greart selection of autos u have just got well done;) im in good luck man;)

Hi everybody,
It’s time to load some more photos and share the weight results of my harvest : )) Most of the buds have been in jars over 2 weeks and some nearly a month. Well, I simply have the best stuff and amount I’ve ever had and that is fantastic enough. I made my dream come true and I keep discovering new effects, taste and odor as the days pass by and each strain has her own story as it was the same during the whole grow. It feels great to share my stuff and story with mates and to hear those cheerful compliments. They’ve already started to treat me as if I’m a guru and I can’t say I did not like it : ))

So here are some pictures for you with the grand total at the end.

IMG_314510.JPG
IMG_33278.JPG
IMG_33349.JPG
IMG_33368.JPG
IMG_33399.JPG
IMG_334011.JPG
IMG_335111.JPG
IMG_336212.JPG
IMG_336510.JPG
IMG_336811.JPG
IMG_337012.JPG
IMG_33715.JPG
IMG_337410.JPG
IMG_338010.JPG
IMG_338212.JPG
IMG_338313.JPG
IMG_338513.JPG
IMG_338712.JPG
IMG_339012.JPG
IMG_339214.JPG
IMG_339614.JPG
IMG_33995.JPG
IMG_34005.JPG
IMG_34037.JPG
IMG_34119.JPG

Egzo-2 first pre-harvest 12 g
Egzo-2 second pre-harvest 13 g
Egzo-2 harvest 28 g
Egzo-2 total 53 g

Kryptonite first pre-harvest 2.5 g
Kryptonite second pre-harvest 4.5 g
Kryptonite harvest 28.5 g
Kryptonite total 35.5 g

Anubis second pre-harvest 5.5 g
Anubis harvest 32.5 g
Anubis total 38 g ( most of the gifts for mates were Anubis buds and I am sure it was actually over 45 g with the testers and gifts.)

Egzo-3 total 25.5 g
Egzo Youngster 1 total 6.5 g
Egzo Youngster 2 total 4.5 g
Dwarf 1 total 5.5 g
Dwarf 2 total 4.5 g
Dwarf 3 total 3 g
Trim 20 g +
Testers and gifts about 20 g

Grand Total 195 grams of cured bud and over 20 grams of dried trim

I am one happy first timer and despite all the mistakes I’ve done I still think that I’ve had a great harvest and I am totally satisfied with it. Now I know that I could go over 300 grams easily if I was patient enough to wait 2 more weeks to switch to flower or if I was lucky enough to keep the biggest plant Egzo-1 as a female inside. I could also keep the bulbs closer in the early stages of both veg and flowering stages. If I had a chance to remake this grow, I would be more careful about the humidity and temperature range during the first 2 weeks and would do anything to keep the other Kryptonite seed alive which just died without an observable reason. To me, Kryptonite is the star of this grow with her intensive sativa buzz and unexpected total weight as her buds were looking smaller and airy with a lot of sugar leaves. She also gave me the greatest amount of trim and I am keeping all of them in jars after about 15 days of drying. I still did not decide what to do with them but some are really not bad to smoke. I am trying to figure out the most effective DIY way to take the hash out of it and I really need your suggestions on this one. There are many methods and I have read and watched a lot but still not sure which one suits me best. I will be sharing the strain reviews in the following days as I am busy with moving nowadays. I wish you all a great day : ))

One of my favorite pictures I forgot to post. I call this one "In a sea of green" as it reminds me half surface photos taken in water. I shot this one with the others before the light went off and on that very moment when the light went off, this one came out. I liked it very much when I saw it for the first time on bigger screen and decided to share on that day but I forgot it later. Don't ask me why : ))

IMG_251024.JPG

Back
Top Bottom