Sweet Afghani Delicious S1

Partimus

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum so I thought I would jump straight in with a diary.

This is just my second attempt at indoor growing after completing my first grow with Green Poison from sweet seeds. Continuing with sweet seeds varieties I am now trying out S.A.D. S1.

My set up is:

315watt Phillips master colour light
1.2 x 1.2 x 2M tent
200mm hyperfan exhaust
200mm ezi air fan intake
4 plants, 18L final pot size (fancy air pots)
hand watered run to waste 100% coco
Lucas formula for coco nutes 6/9 recipe

here are the seedlings as of yesterday

SAD_1.jpg

here is a few pics from my first indoor grow

F324.jpg
F1011.jpg
F2111.jpg
F251.jpg

This go around I am going to spend more time topping and training them to get a more even canopy, less lower popcorn stuff and more yield hopefully.

I'll update weekly to get a nice pictorial time line going. I am keeping my fingers crossed for another relatively smooth run,

Cheers

Subbed mate... Geez there nice looking girls, seedlings will be the same :) looking forward to watching your grow..

Good Morning 420 Mag, (its morning here anyhow lol)

A small update, gave the little ones there first feed this morning so I thought I would snap a picture.

SAD_2.jpg

Nutes are Lucas Formula for coco at 1/4 strength at the moment.

0.4ml/L GH micro
0.6ml/L GH Bloom
0.5g/L epsom salts
PH downed to 5.8 with some diluted white vinegar
EC 0.4 in Rainwater

I see little roots at the bottom of the container already so hopefully they start to kick into gear over the next few days.

Cheers :tokin:

Good evening 420 mag folks,

I had a look at the seedlings today and took a few pictures. I played about with the light settings on the point and click camera that i have set it for incandescent setting. It seems to come up ok under the CMH through a pair of sunglasses :) As always please comment if you think I need some direction, I am here to learn and share also.

SAD_31.jpg

A group shot of the seedlings. They have not been fed since my last update and are due to fed tomorrow I feel with 3 hours left in this life cycle. My theory is that if I keep em searching for water and food a bit now then they will fill out there little pots nicely. Temps are nice at the moment, it is between 20 degrees C at night and up to 26 C during the day.

SAD_4.jpg

Left side. These little ones both have green stems and look like twins, very uniform so far.

SAD_51.jpg

Right side Front. This one had a hard time getting out of its seed shell and needed some encouragement early, hence the funny shaped first leaf and discolored cotyledon. A bit early to say but I think it may be a red stemmed pheno. Which brings me to the last one.

SAD_6.jpg

Right rear, this one has a definite red stem and distinct appearance. I did a little research and found that there is a pheno with red/orange buds, the most indica and a greener one that has a little more sativa. I would reason that this trait would carry over to the stems also but will be interesting to see if that is indeed the case.

Thanks for all the kind words and positive comments. I have been learning reading through posts already and getting inspired. That's it for now, I will give them another feed tomorrow morning an hour or so after lights on at the same EC as before. I am still not sure about when to up nutrient strength but I will go on the side of caution for now and up it if they look hungry.

Cheers

Lighting is much better in those pics, they all look great even the ones with red stems. That's not something to worry about yet, and the odd leafs are totally normal too... Seedlings will adapt to their conditions in whichever way they can, it could be mutant, but it looks very normal to me. As for nutes, they seemed to have taken the last feeding pretty well... Just be conservative with the next one too, less is more... Unless like you say, there's some noticeably hungry babies... Looking good Partimus,

KIG :green_heart:cheers

Hey all,

just a quick little pic update, seedlings seem to have taken the last feed well and growing along. They used up 100ml more nutrients last time and the pots seem to be getting lighter quicker with no temp increase so I think they are drinking more. I may feed them again tomorrow morning if they look dry enough or it will be the next day for sure, one more time at ec 0.4 before we go up a bit to about 0.6 or so. I don't think they look hungry, what do you guys think?

SAD_7.jpg

Well. Since your asked... I think they look perfect:thumb:
How old are they now?

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Hi Snid,
thanks for stopping by. these little ones broke the surface on about the 12th of May so about 2 weeks old ish. For germination I soaked the seeds for a few hours then put them straight into the little pots of coco. I didn't get a pic for this mornings feed but they have grown along again. I fed them a tiny bit stronger at ec 0.5, pH 5.8 with a decent runoff.

I did find a gnat though. Just hanging out on the leaf of the curly stem one. I was not quick enough to squash the bugger either. :(

So I went and put some sticky traps around and balanced them on the pots so they are covering the coco. I checked just now and I have caught one on the trap. Now I am wondering how it got in there and hoping that it was the only one.

I have a product called 'gnatural" that I picked up from the local grow shop that I used at the recommended rate of 1g/L. It is a bacterial agent that apparently treats the larvae in the medium so see how that goes also I guess.

Good Morning all,

Monday morning update,

15 days since the first photo today. I potted up to 6 inch pots yesterday, the root ball was still moist so I watered them in this morning.

They are on 1/2 strength lucas formula for coco

0.8ml/L GH micro

1.2ml/L GH bloom

0.1g/L epsom salts

EC 0.8 in rainwater

SAD_8.jpg

Watering has been about every three days as it takes a while for them to dry out. My plan is to let them dry out once more in these pots to get them searching and filling up with roots then start feeding daily.

I wish I got a photo of transplant as they had a good root structure. I have been a bit worried about them being a bit slow growing but after seeing all the roots in the pot I guess that's what they have been doing. Hoping that they really take of this week.
Cheers for stopping by. :tokin:

Healthy girls mate, coming along nicely..

Evening everyone,

Time for a quick update.

I have watered them today for the first time since transplant. they have taken well to the new pots with some new growth and I see roots all out the bottom of the pot already.

Feeding was half strength lucas formula for coco again
EC 0.8 in rainwater
PH adjusted to 5.8

SAD_9.jpg

Nice grow going. I've been looking at CMH lighting. Phillips has a 4200K at 400 watts that would work on my ballast. Are you using cooltube or bare bulb? Thanks

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Nice grow going. I've been looking at CMH lighting. Phillips has a 4200K at 400 watts that would work on my ballast. Are you using cooltube or bare bulb? Thanks

Cheers

Hi millertm,

cheers for stopping by. I am using a bare bulb in an adjust a wing reflector at the moment as it is the start of winter here. last grow was over summer and I used a cooltube, I had no heat issues with it. I have never used any HID lighting before so cant compare it to a 600W hps for instance but this little globe is super bright and with the adjust a wing throws out a very good foot print.

I am interested to learn about the 400w light you speak of and what control gear is required. HI-PAR 315W L.E.C BALLAST | Stealth Garden | Australian wholesaler of exclusive premium products this is the ballast I am using with a adapter plug to fit a standard reflector. They are a pricey bit of kit in AUS so always interested to hear alternatives.

Here is the info: Philips 14598-6 - 400 Watt - ED28.

It runs on HPS ballast, it's a direct replacement to go "daylight" over yellow. I run 1050 watt bare bulb Eye SHPS. I'm getting another dial a watt ballast and plan to run 2 x 400 CMH next run(4x4 tent). I'm using the wing reflector as well. I'm taking a 3 month break from growing due to summer heat.

Cheers

Hello Everyone,

happy South Aussie Sunday evening to you all :)

3 days on and another watering update, the girls have been growing along nicely and have filled the 6 inch pots with roots. looking at transplanting again soon to the final 18L air pots.

Today was 3/4 strength Lucas formula for coco
1.2 ml/L gh micro
1.8 ml/L gh bloom
0.75g/L epsom salts
EC was 1.1 because I added a little more water then intended, probably for the best lol
ph adjusted down slightly to 5.8 with a few drops of diluted white vinegar.

SAD_12.jpg

over the past few days, may have been yesterday (stoner memory plus worked a lot this week lol ) the front left plant, Icarus like, grew to close to the sun and burnt itself a bit. I have since raised the light and it seems to be coming along nicely again thankfully. Once transplanted to the final pots I am going to top them and start training the plants outwards.

Cheers for stopping by :tokin:

hello again everyone,

I transplanted the girls today into the final 18L air pots and have begun to train them over with some LST. I watered them in with 3/4 strength nutrients same as above.

SAD_13.jpg

My apologies for the bad photos for these two, I rushed them a bit and there is a smudge on the lens and the other is out of focus lol but you get the idea.

SAD_14.jpg
SAD_15.jpg

once they recover a bit I will prune some of the lowest stuff away I think.

cheers :tokin:

Back
Top Bottom