OG Kush In A Discrete Grow Room & Two Autos In Modified Kitchen Bins

ajagunle

:welcome:

An OG Kush feminized bean was put between damp kitchen towels on 20/4, so about a month old.

OG_Kush_bev_21_5_a.jpg

Now growing in a 3" Rockwool cube sitting on the shelf of a 20 litre NFT tank, Vitalink Nutes. There is an air bubbler in the tank and one under the spreader mat on the shelf.

Light is from a Marshydro reflector 200W -ish. It says on the box it is 480 Watt, 96x5 Watt but it says on their website that it compares to a 250W HPS?

There is a bank of 6x5" fans blowing just under the height of the lights and 5x3" fans at plant level, temp around the plant is minimum 70F (21c) lights off and maximum 81F (27c) lights on. Humidity (42%-66%) is provided by a tub of water at this stage.

The Garden is kept fairly hidden by a correx false wall in which there is a 5" fan, with a light baffle, drawing cool(?) air from the height of the concrete floor.

I have topped her this week, which I intend to do several times before she grows up to the Screen. I always intend to Fim but I rarely actually do :sad-face:

OG_Kush_topped_1.jpg

Thrips found their way to my last grow so there are some sachets of Amblyseius cucumeris (Thrip predators) hanging from the screen as a precaution. I steam cleaned the garden before I started this grow but paranoia etc.:bigblush:

I have about ¼ of the available floor space still unused, some of the room is earmarked for the dehumidifier later in the grow and I did have 2 demijohns rigged-up so the CO2 dropped in front of the small fans but that is becoming impracticable, (I can't consume 2 gallons of wine every month any more) I'm thinking room for 2 pots of soil, they would be within the foot print of the lights. I am not sure I want to open the door to a range of pests associated with compost grows, well I have introduced Thrips and I grow in compost elsewhere in the House, mmm? Any thoughts?

:Namaste:

re: OG Kush In A Discrete Grow Room & Two Autos In Modified Kitchen Bins

Lookin good. Interested in ur bins 2. Keep it growing

Sent from my GT-I9505 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I was never going to miss out on this one... Too many spies to hide this for too long, lol... Nice healthy greenery...

Hi Canna, sorry for sneaking about, :cheesygrinsmiley:

:ciao: AJ! How dare you try to sneak a journal in. :laugh: Looks like I got here first in line. WOO HOO

I will be riding this train for sure my friend!

:circle-of-love:

I just read on a thread today that some people use dog flea and tick collars around the base of the plants to ward off insects. Of all the crazy things, eh?

Do you have any of those lying around?

I am going to try this, thank you for passing the idea on, I have never actually seen a Thrip with the naked eye, just the damage they do!

:thumb:

The 'Kitchen Bin Annexes'

They are 50l swing bins, lined with Mylar, with a 3 1/2” CPU fan drawing air in
at the base and a 6” fan extracting fitted in the lid,

Bin_2.jpg

I constructed Corrrex 'sleaves' to fit over the top and reduce light leakage, both into the room and through the Window during Winter,

Bin_covers_1.jpg

Each bin has a 65W Red CFL standing upright in the corner and 3x45W clipped on the rim below the lid, 2 Blue and 1 Red.

Bin_top_1.jpg

The pot is a 8” diameter, using up half the height. A 7” pot allows more plant room but less root space and I have found gives a smaller harvest. I have house bricks under the pots to raise them to the lights, which I remove as the plants fill the space.

Blueberry_24.jpg

I don't measure temperatures as it would fill me with gloom. If I don't know I won't be continually mentally redesigning the Annexe, :hmmmm: it took a while to get to this stage!

The Girls are in inexpensive compost topped with a 3/4” layer of perlite spread on a sheet of kitchen towel, trying to reduce the 2 mixing when I water.

I start them off in the Nursery, a Mylar lined cardboard box with 2x20W Blue CFL, also fitted with a small computer fan.

I have 2 Blueberry Autos, started a fortnight apart

Blueberry_1e.jpg

We know you weren't hiding AJ. :) Just trying to keep you exercised with the foot stomping. :laugh:

What an interesting kitchen bin idea. I really like the false wall thing you wrote on. Is there a pic of that somewhere and I missed it? I'm gonna go back and look at your pics.

I have a false wall in my basement that works great. No one that has ever been down there has noticed it or questioned it.

I'll get a photo tomorrow, it wouldn't stand up to a close inspection but it is in an 'unused' larder behind a closed door, no one has ever mentioned it, yet

We know you weren't hiding AJ. :) Just trying to keep you exercised with the foot stomping. :laugh:

What an interesting kitchen bin idea. I really like the false wall thing you wrote on. Is there a pic of that somewhere and I missed it? I'm gonna go back and look at your pics.

I have a false wall in my basement that works great. No one that has ever been down there has noticed it or questioned it.

Buy a bag of diatomaceous earth, big bag will last 3 life times and cost $20. Sprinkle everywhere, on ground, base of plant, plant anywhere around your grow.. Safe for pets and kids.. Keep dry, doesn't work wet. Only bug killer to use... Wear a mask when dusting...

Buy a bag of diatomaceous earth, big bag will last 3 life times and cost $20. Sprinkle everywhere, on ground, base of plant, plant anywhere around your grow.. Safe for pets and kids.. Keep dry, doesn't work wet. Only bug killer to use... Wear a mask when dusting...

Thanks Grizz, really odd but I was thinking about his magic stuff this morning, wasn't really trusting my memory but thought it might start with a Di, couldn't get any more syllables! Wow, spooky!:yikes:

The Thrips don't get airborne, they are this disgusting minute thing that scuttle about on the underside of the infected leaves, how would you dust the underside of the leaves?:hmmmm:

You have provided the ideal end game for these horrible persistent buggers!:rip:

Nature provides such excellent solutions that chemicals seldom manage.:adore:

:thanks:

Grizz is on point with the Diatomaceous earth powder. I just received a shaker container of it myself, and I'm going to use it on the outdoor girls as well as my grape vines which get completely destroyed by "rose bugs" every year. I had used the powder a few years ago and it worked very well.

:thumb:

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom