Xave's - Indoor - Autofem Jack Herer - First Auto Grow

xave420

hey everyone this is my first auto grow it is a jack herer auto and I have 2 that I started im on about day 4 and they just broke the soil today. I am trying autos because I have only a closet space to grow in. the space is about 5ft high by 5ft x 2.5 ft.

the soil I am using is Pro Mix Bx with biofungicide. I bought botanicare organic nutrients , both vegetation and bloom stages.

I have the 2 pots that are about 3 to 4 gallon pots under a 150 watt hps. and I also have about 9 daylight cfls to help the vegging until I put 2700k bulbs in to replace the daylights.

the only thing is im not sure when to start adding my nutrients to an auto plant.

I will post pictures in a few days once a set of leaves have appeared.

anyones input is appreciated. thanks

Day 5 photos of the first leaves on the 2 plants and my little setup

I have an oscillating fan to the far left (*not in view)

20160524_220645.jpg

20160524_220631.jpg

20160524_220658.jpg

Hey mate. I love autos. Your can do great with that light.
The first leaves to appear are round ones. Than u get the single point leaves.
Than u get normal ones but only with 3 pointed leave. Than comes the 5 pointed normal leaves.
Once the 5 points arrive its than time to start week one of nutes. Dont start earlier than that. Once your next nodes appear its a good idea to top an auto. This allows you to grow two crowns and 4 branches. Bushes it up and multiple the bud.

Sent from my SM-J110F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I can send you more details to topping if you like. Also tell me your nutes. Any other additives. Ph levels. Humidity. Lights on hours. Temps of grow room. It looks to me like you hand water. How much water. How offten.
All this info and were cooking with hash brother.

my nutrients I got for my plants is botanicare veg and also the pro bloom organic nutrients. I am strictly hand watering with distilled water so hopefully I don't have to worry about the ph going up or down to much and the soil I am using is pro mix bx with biofungicide and it said has dolomitic limestone for a ph adjuster in the soil. I usually water when I stick my finger into the soil and if its still moist I wait. I have the lights on 18/6 and the temperature ranges from 70 to 85 degrees farenheit. I am afraid to top them cuz they are autos and I have heard that u can and also that ppl say they don't like to cuz of the amount of time they have. I have topped regular plants before and they did good.

Hey xave, you can use one bulb per plant for now... You're using alot of extra electricity for not much benefit for the first week. My rule was one bulb per week of age, and I ended up with more than that eventually, I had up to 18 cfls surrounding my plant. But for now one per is sufficient, wouldn't want to get them seedlings too hot.
Otherwise it's s great looking setup, good job! If you would like to take a look at my plant training tutorials it may give you am idea of what's possible.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

You wont look back after topping. The trick with autos is to top early. I top mine after theres two lots of true leaves.

here is pics i took today of a northern lights auto i also have she is in a smaller pot i will have to transplant. she is about 18 or 19 days old. this is right after i topped it.
20160530_202041.jpg

20160530_202046.jpg

Perfect xave. Thats topped right on cue.
Keep me updated on this one. I just topped my auto white widdow. Ill send a pic as im at approx same stage. We can progress together if thats ok with you. I wont take over your journal or anything like that just post a pic a week. Tell me to pissoff if u want.

Thanks mate. Ive been having problems buddy. Was cond in to these led panels but they are last generation ones.
So this lot is still with the shitter leds and ive added a few cfls wich have helped hugely.
Ive got a 400w hps on the way so ill be back in the drivers seat soon.
Im not against leds but these 120w ones i got from ebay are 98% useless. Honestly a normal loungeroom light bulb of 5watts are better.

Back
Top Bottom