Farside05's OG Kush & Sour Diesel Photo Grow

After three rounds with autos, I'm dipping my toes in the photo pool. I started off all the seeds in Jiffy pellets this go round. 100% germination success rate but 2 of them didn't know which way was up and the tap roots were sticking straight up out of the ground. Gently pulled them out, poked a hole in the soil and spun them around. A couple days later I potted them in some solo cups. It's day 9 now and everyone looks pretty good. Yesterday I cropped out my autos, so now the girls get to sit directly under the light instead of occupying space between plants. Was also able to drop the light a little lower.

Here are the other particulars:

Strains: 2 OG Kush by Dinafem, 2 Sour Diesel by Royal Queen (seed purchased from Herbies)

Soil: Promix BX

Pots: Starting in Solo Cups, then to 3 gallon fabric pots, have some 5 gallon coming on a slow boat from China

Lights: 4 old style Mars Hydro 300w LED's (180w actual draw)

Fertilizer: Dyna Gro Foliage Pro, Dyna Gro Pro Tekt

Ventilation: 27" Tower fan, 6" 240 CFM duct fan connected to a 6" carbon filter

Tent: 32"x32"x63"

Light schedule: 18/6 Veg, 12/12 bloom

Target PH: 6.2

Water: Reverse Osmosis with a starting PPM pf 11

The tent
Planting_Day2.jpg

Day 9 - Sour D to the left, OG to the right
Day_915.JPG

Just after i posted the daughter came in with a package. My new 5 gallon fabric pots came in on the slow boat from China.

Good stuff farside, looking forward to this one... Good start, no deformities :rofl:

Good stuff farside, looking forward to this one... Good start, no deformities :rofl:

Nope, I passed that jinx onto some other non-suspecting sap. :rofl:

That is a sarcastic thanks for that last comment.. I couldn't like it :rofl::rofl:

DAY 19

Damn you Grizz, not really so much deformed, but Sour D #1 sure isn't growing regular. She's having a hard time putting out equal sets of leafs. Everyone got transplanted into their new 5 gallon homes 2 days ago.

OG1
OG145.JPG

OG2
OG234.JPG

SD1
SD113.JPG

SD2
SD214.JPG

I was just wondering if you had started a journal for these, I see I'm subscribed :rofl: my sour d is now growing sideways, she's doing her own lst, lol, I can't get her any more centred under the light.. Started another week ago, popped out, she's reaching for the sky, totally different.. Yours are looking healthy mate, nice and tight.. Top photo and bottom are perfect, 2nd looks like you just got the photo as she went to sleep.. Is sd1 that dark?

Top photo and bottom are perfect, 2nd looks like you just got the photo as she went to sleep.. Is sd1 that dark?

Photos were taken 2 hours after lights on. Colors may be slightly different than actual. I ran the pics though Photoshop and used auto adjustments for color, contrast, and tone, since I took them with the LED lights on. It at least gets rid of all the pink tones.

She's still waking up.. Some are lazy to stretch out.. Mine are asleep couple hours before lights out 18-6, don't know when they wake up, probably 1hour into lights out :rofl: ahh that'll explain it. Sd2 colouring is perfect..

Day 27 - Sorry so long between updates, were were preparing to go out of town and just got back from our trip. On Day 24 (6/10/2016) they were topped. I went to get them some more water, since I wanted to water them real good before leaving for 3 days, and the puppy decided she's help with a little defoliation of her own. Didn't do any significant damage but did tear off some single fingers on leafs. Upped the feed level to 1/2 tsp Foliage Pro and 1/4 tsp Pro Tekt per gallon. Came home and the girls look fantastic. Topping and their light defoliation via Pitbull didn't seem to slow them down. Did a little leaf tucking to better expose the new undergrowth from the topping. Hopefully I'll get some new pics up after the lights come on later.

Day 27 Photos. Pics taken 10 minutes after lights on, in case anyone still looks a little sleepy (ie OG2).

Sour Diesel #1 and her slightly mutated self
SD114.JPG

Sour Diesel #2 coming along nicely and the only girl the Pitbull puppy didn't help defoliate
SD215.JPG

OG Kush #1, the most evident puppy defoliation damage to her. Notice the bite marks.
OG146.JPG

OG Kush #2, droopy. Always the last to wake up.
OG235.JPG

Group photo op. So far so good. Looks like this batch may finally give me that "full tent" that I've been looking for.
Group182.JPG

Day 34

Last day of Veg. I will switch them to bloom tomorrow. I started bowl training on everyone but OG #2 two days ago. From where I pulled all the branches down and out from the center, you can see that they're already filling in. OG #2 is a different animal. She has a ton of little breaks everywhere and has a mounded top. Her leafs are also skinnier than her sister. Definitely a different phenotype. Couldn't be happier with this grow so far.

Sour D #1
SD115.jpg

Sour D #2
SD216.jpg

OG #1
OG147.jpg

OG #2
OG236.jpg

Group
Group183.jpg

Looking great farside.. They have exploded... Looking nice and healthy man...

Back
Top Bottom