Cannanewb's First Time Grow

cannanewb

Hello everyone, I am new to here and doing my first grow. I know very little about growing cannabis so feel free to correct me if you see I am doing something wrong. I am growing CKS feminized White Widow, I am assuming it is auto flowering (I hope so). I will be doing an outdoor grow in a raised bed 13 x 2 x 1 so hope this is sufficient for 5 plants.

I Followed CKS germination to the letter and 5/5 were successful. I put them in a lighted warm room and leave the light on for more light. I put then in pro mix in wet jiffy pots and sprayed the soil then covered with baggies and secured with an elastic to hold the moisture in. 4 the first day and last one the next day. Looked dry the next day so sprayed again. I saw that the jiffy pots are not good to use so I will move them to plastic cups in a week.

1st day 3 broke soil and 2 the next day, 2 are up about an inch now and will check on moisture later. I have been using bottled spring water kept in the warm room for spraying. That is it for now will try to get a couple of picks later when I check the moisture. How much is a ph tester I got to get one to eliminate bad ph levels.:helpsmilie:

How do you post pics on here, I took some with my phone and man they have grown alot in the last 8 1/2 hours. Does anyone think I need to change anything. The pots are still looking damp so the soil should be okay without talking the baggies off the check the soil dampness.

How do you post pics on here, I took some with my phone and man they have grown alot in the last 8 1/2 hours. Does anyone think I need to change anything. The pots are still looking damp so the soil should be okay without talking the baggies off the check the soil dampness.
From the full website you have to be logged in, then click on the gallery tab, then click upload photos, then you should be able to walk your way through loading them in. Once they've been loaded into the websites database you can go to your thread and click the attachment icon on the comment box and it will bring up all the photos you loaded. Just select which photo you want to post then exit the window. Viola.

I should have mentioned if you are doing all of this from a smartphone make sure you take your photos in wide screen and when you try to load them make sure you're on the desktop version instead of mobile.

Here's a link to the websites how-to page.

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Thanks newbiegrwer, hop this works
20160613_151358.jpg
20160613_151347.jpg
20160613_151335.jpg
20160613_151325.jpg
20160613_151318.jpg

yes thanks, they are looking quite spindly to me, hope they dont grow as much tomorrow as they did today, should they have some darkness or do i want light 24/7?
I would go maybe 18/6 or 20/4 and you can do something to support the stalk. Put some extra soil around it to keep it from falling over. And you can move the light closer as well.

Also, if it were me I would pull those bags off. That plastic is limiting your co2 and filtering out quite a bit of your light. Just keep a close eye on your soil and don't let it dry out too much. The only downfall I found in those jiffy pots was that the peat material dried because it is exposed to air on a large surface but then it wicks moisture from your soil. Maybe put the bags around the pots. Lol.

Thanks coloradokid19 and newbiegrwer I think I am going to do 18/6 for the light. The only light it is getting is window light about a foot away and the ceiling light in that small room and it is on a 3 foot stool no grow lights. I will have to take the baggies off tomorrow as the plants will have outgrown them by then. I will figure something out to support them until they strengthen. Should I water some tomorrow like with a spay bottle? How are yours doing guys?
:thanks:

I veg my seedlings under a couple of 6500k 23 watt cfls in those clamp on work light reflectors. They are pretty cheap and work rather well. I think they run around 8 bucks per reflector then the bulbs can be bought for about 9 bucks for a 2 pack. So for about 25 bucks you can get some better lighting for them baby girls.

I will see what I can find in my city, just took the plastic baggies off put them on the pots only to hold the moisture in and supported them with Popsicle sticks then gave a light spray and will give them 6 hours of darkness tonight. So what to you have the bulbs in?:thanks:

I will see what I can find in my city, just took the plastic baggies off put them on the pots only to hold the moisture in and supported them with Popsicle sticks then gave a light spray and will give them 6 hours of darkness tonight. So what to you have the bulbs in?:thanks:
You can pick up those shop light reflectors at Walmart over by the bulb section. When you transplant them you can always bury the stem so it doesn't look all stretched out(if it's buried the stem will sprout roots)
:welcome::420: I'll help you out if I can, if not there's a lot of great people on here that can.

Back
Top Bottom