My Very First Grow & Journal 2016

ChefKimbo

Hey guys and gals, been stalking this site for a month or so now and finally built up the gumption to try my hand at a grow. I'm very open to suggestions and any advice offered. So here goes!!!

Its day 30 for my very first grow, which is bag seed from a pretty damn good green I bout a few months ago. my best guess is some type of northern lights mix. Trying LST and she is taking her time to recover and grow.
IMAG11118.jpg

She had a pretty rough start but seems to be doing ok. Even though it looks like an indica, growth seems slow, especially compared to the seedling doin the dashboard in her rearview mirror, this plant seems to be growing much faster and broke ground with her true leaves already forming. I've been keeping her in a 7x6 pot, a lot of room yes but I discovered she seems to be enjoying it. I keep her in a hole in the ground near some weeds for camo, pulled her up today and she had a root in the ground!
IMAG11157.jpg

So anyway after drooling over this site I convinced myself that I need to build a grow box. I'm even more of a noob at building things than growing plants, so any piece of advice is more than welcomed.
IMAG11105.jpg

Sorry for the pc quality my phone camera has an issue with false light. My box is 4 feet tall, 33Lx31W.I ripped the design from a member here name stratlogic, so thanks for the visual inspiration man. I'm looking to install some polycarbonate for the panels and I could really use some advice on the best way to attached these panels for an airtight seal and efficiency.
IMAG11096.jpg

The inner frame will take a 45Lx33w panel. Also looking for advice on what material to use for the top. I also have a small piece of polyisocyanurate insulation with a reflective aluminum surface on one side. If not I can go in another direction.

Lights...
IMAG11164.jpg

10 lamps, 5 splitters, cfl soft white and daylight bulbs, 6 fixtures an the rest of the stuff in the pic. Looking for suggestions on the light setup and how many I should be using.

Fans/ventilation...
IMAG11207.jpg

I swiped a cpu fan, a vent fan, and a chipset fan from an old pc I had, plus the fan in the power supply can be removed and used as well. the two fans on the right: one came from an old laptop, and the other is a small exhaust from a broken battery charger. I'm hoping ventilation and heat is not a big issue with these fans installed or ill see if I can salvage the powerful fan from this ion generator I don't use anymore, its pretty damn strong maybe too strong.
IMAG11197.jpg

As you can see I have some time before these plants mature and I hope to be ready as I plan to flower these plants indoors and let them veg outdoors. Not sure if its the smartest thing to do but my main concerns are smell and security. I'll be picking up some mylar tomorrow to do the frame and panels, if I'm missing anything let me know I hope not to spend much more money. Again all advice is welcome and thanks in advance!!

re: My Very First Grow & Journal 2016

Two things I forgot to mention.

The soil I'm using is roughly 25% compost, 25% vermiculate, 15% worm castings, and 35% sandy but nutrient soil from under my mango trees.
IMAG11216.jpg

I'm sure this reflector can come in handy with a splitter.

So here is a quick celebrity update!

IMAG112210.jpg

The polycarb panels are all cleaned, sized, and cut. Ready to be primed and painted. The back panel is wood, because I ran outta polycarb, and i'd like to mount some light switches in the back to control lights and fans on different lines. I'd like to use this box for drying/curing, and growing microgreens/sprouts. Still looking for ideas on how to mount and seal these panels. Especially that front panel for the door. I have just enough polycarb left to make the roof, which I thought would be a better option than wood.

Came across this today, gives me 5 lamps. Problem is the splitters are too short for the lamps so ill need extenders which I don't want to buy. I have plenty of pvc laying around so a mixture of both is an option as well.
IMAG112610.jpg

It's day 28 for my oldest girl, and the second oldest is on day 10. The other two seedlings broke ground 2 days ago and are well on their way!!! Its time to transplant the two oldest, their roots are coming out of the bottom so things are moving along well!!!
IMAG11247.jpg

Ok, here an quick update:
IMAG11286.jpg
IMAG11307.jpg
The girls are doing fine. Transplanted them both to their new homes till harvest time. Both getting this good hot sun and smelling great.

The panels are all painted now, getting ready to drill holes for exhaust, intake and electrical today. Any suggestions with drilling this polycarbonate will be appreciated.
IMAG112210.jpg
I've decided to got with a combination of neoprene and foam seal strips to the seal the cab. Ordered some of Amazon today. Also ordered a couple of 200 cfm fans for exhaust.
20160715_222621.jpg
This is the lighting fixture I'm rolling with. Gives me 8 lights up top, possibly 9. And the side fixtures will give me some additional options for lights. These will be on a separate circuit with a light switch along with everything else. As far as odor control goes, i'm going the homemade route with the pvc style filter.
20160715_223014.jpg
And if this isn't adequate:
20160715_223440.jpg
This cricket cage looks very promising! Has just the right size mesh for the carbon pellets!

Ok I'm back! Here is my update. After a moderate level of neglect I decided to check out my plants because the sun is blazing at 95F...
20160719_160505.jpg
My plants were wilted and hanging by a thread. The soil wasn't completely dry but certainly needed some water. It was the heat, my plants are already under a tree and probably only get about 6 hours of the worse of the sun. I moved them a few days ago because my 3 week old got scorched pretty good and I barely caught it. I guess it wasn't enough, this sun is too intense. So I drenched both plants and put them deeper in the shade as you can see all I can do now is hope the come back.

My box is almost complete.
20160719_152125.jpg
Installed the panels yesterday and sealed the gaps with backer rod and caulk. lined the inner frame with neoprene to help the seal. I dropped two 80mm fans at the bottom for intake, and waiting for my exhaust fan. This room is ventilated but not air conditioned. I'm hoping to get temps down by moving enough air around it gets at least 85 in here during the day maybe 90. I got some 6 inch insulated ducting for the intake just in case.
20160719_152209.jpg
.CFL fixture is don. All connections have wire nuts and tape, will be connected to a single pole switch in the back. This fixture will hold a lot of bulbs but I'm not sure if ill load it all the way up until I know the circuit can handle the load. More 4-8 more lights will be installed on the panels for when it is needed and they will be on a separate switch. I'm looking for advice on how to hang these lights so I can lower and raise them as needed. Haven't had any luck finding examples.

I'll update again with my plant status after I install the exhaust and the door. WISH ME LUCK!!:Namaste:

Hiya Lilred, I wasn't sure anyone was watching! It's not going so great due to my plants suffering from neglect and dealing with Amazon and defective parts for my grow box. I will be posting an update in the next two days...

Hey Everyone I finally made the time to add to the journal, so here we go.

Valuable lessons have been learned with my inexperience as a gardener. The most valuable lesson I learned was as an outdoor grower, you need to get in tune with the environment the plants will be in. Examine grow area and look for any issues with pests, weather, or security. Prior knowledge of gardening is a must, and the time to invest is just as valuable.
Time management is a major issued for me with trying to grow 5 plants in different stages. Unfortunately neglect and my lack of experience was the end of all my plants. Issues range from severe sunburn and root burn, to strong wind gusts snapping tender stalks, to curly tail lizards trampling my seedlings. One thing after another lead to the demise of all my plants. A major learning experience this turned out to be. There is a lot to reflect on for preparation of my next grows, good thing is by that time I will be completely prepared for indoor growing...
20160721_210104.jpg
Things are moving along nicely with my growbox. I removed the cartoonish pc fan/pvc filter setup I had installed over the 4 inch exhaust hole. I used a 120mm Axial fan rated at 200cfm for my exhaust. The fan could move some good air, but it just was the solution considering the temp issues I'm already facing within the building my box is housed in. I needed a stronger to remove the hot air from the box and from the building. 1260 cubic feet, 9' from floor to the 8" roof vent in the ceiling. The only intake in the building is the 2 inch gap at the bottom of the door so temps get pretty high in the afternoon. I'm openly soliciting advice on how to remove more hot air from this room BEFORE I buy a window AC unit.

So after more testing I learned that the fan controllers I used were burning out fans all over the nation and my two brand new axial fans were in that number. I immediately returned everything to Amazon and would like to say I'm very impressed with their level of customer service. The money I got back allowed my to invest in a better fan for possibly moving air out of the box AND the building all together. So after doing some light research on more inexpensive fans for this purpose, I hit up a local AC parts shop and picked up
41TPDX2E9BL_SY300_.jpg
an ACMEMiami 6 inch Duct Fan, rated at 240cfm. After my initial excitement I realized that this fan may not solve my overall issue moving hot air out of the building. I am building another DIY scrubber modeled after 415Friendly's scrubber and its almost complete just needs one more part. I'm no HVAC expert but the scrubber will need a good fan with resistance to static pressure. By the time I got home I had already decided I'm not going to install the fan and run the ducting just yet. After some days of thinking and procrastinating I decided to just go ahead and order another fan.
huricane_fan.jpg
I got this Hurricane 6" 435cfm today. I'm sure this is overkill, but i'm hoping that this fan will allow me to vent not only the box but the entire building. Lowering the temperature by moving more air is THE focus right now, primarily to expand capacity for upgrades. I've done enough testing to know that using CFLs at night I can get temps down to a reasonable 86-88F, but that was with the Axial fan and no ducting. Yes I know thats just moving more hot air into the room, but at the end of the day the pc fan for exhaust was not going to be a good long term bet.
20160728_124912.jpg
Here is a pic of the 8" opening with a roof vent installed on the roof. At night I can hear air rushing up in that area, but other than the lighter test I can't tell how much air is moving up there.
20160728_125114.jpg
This is the only other way hot air can escape from the building, an opening on the back wall. Not the most direct route for air, but its an opening nonetheless. Again the only intake is the 2 inch gap under the door and a lot of air moves thru that gap. Sometimes air is moving out and sometimes its rushing in, I haven't figured out why that happens just yet. I have two windows, one is being used as 4 inch intake with a pc fan for the box, but the sun slams those windows for about a good 7 hours a day. With these temps is doesn't seem to make since to open either of those windows. Someone suggested to drill a few small holes at the bottom to let in more air. That is an option but hopefully not the first on the table. If any has any suggestions feel free to chime in.

I'll be updating again after I install the fan/ducting and give the box some finishing touches. Until then I'll be looking for some more seeds, I'm all out smh. Thanks for your help in advance!!!:thumb:

Another quick update:

Even though my plants are done and i'm out of seeds, i'm still very enthusiastic about the DIY aspect of the experience as a first time grower. So with moving things forward I decided to build another carbon scrubber. I got the idea on design from the "How to build an inexpensive carbon scrubber" thread. With some minor changes and additions this scrubber should be just as good as any on the market(I hope)!
IMAG1147_11.jpg
Here is the 6 inch fan I ordered and I hope I can get it installed today. The cylinder in the middle is the core for the scrubber, and the 8" to"6 reducer is for the outer core.
IMAG114811.jpg
I ordered the 8 inch cap from Home Depot two weeks ago hoping I would get it sooner, but of course not. Anyway the core is 6" in diameter and 2' long, made with fencing and a layer of window screen fitted around the fencing.
IMAG11498.jpg
At the bottom here is my own DIY discovery. I'm using a cricket cage as bottom of the core cylinder. Its perfectly 6" in diameter, and has a stiff cage and tall enough to use as a base. Whats so cool about this cage is that the plastic bottom has teeth in the rim for locking the cage in place. The teeth are long enough to lock the fencing and the screening in place as well. To further secure the fencing to the cage I used five 4" tie wraps. Makes things litter and easier to work with.
Now its time to put the finishing touches on my ventilation issues and the box. I'll post pics soon.

Thanks for reading!

Hello 420Magazine and everyone, its time for an update!!!

These last 3 weeks have been a learning experience to say the least. As a full-fledge noob I had a lot to learn about setting up a grow box, and still do. I lost about 4 plants to the elements because my box wasn't ready for primetime and I'm not the greatest gardener. It was tough to not be skilled enough to nurse the plants back to health, but we live an we learn.

The experience gave me the time to make some much needed changes to my setup. After doing a lot of research and getting great advice from the forum members, I'm pretty confident that i'm ready to move forward with learning to grow.
20160811_195118.jpg
So here is my box. Finally fully operational with enough bells and whistles to get me through this learning experience.
20160811_195153.jpg
2 mechanical timers for 2 sets of lights, 1 digital timer to control the exhaust fan. Very happy with all 3 devices.
20160811_195203.jpg
Switches for both sets of lights and the internal fan rig.
20160811_211810.jpg
The guts. Capacity for 14 CFLs, with two 2ft t5s on the sides for supplemental lighting in the near future. I will be laying panda film on the floor tomorrow, it needed to be the very last thing I do. I like this T5s they are pretty bright and very lightweight. They are daisy chain capable so I plan to add more in the future. For circulation I used tie wraps to assemble this temporary pc fan rig. Moves a lot of air, maybe too much air.
20160811_195431.jpg
Mounted up top is the exhaust fan controller and a pc PSU. The PSU is powering the internal fan rig and brings some versatility and can power a number of devices if needed. It runs very cool so there is no heat/fire hazard. In the upper left for there is a few seeds I came across from an old mids dealer/buddy I ran into a few days ago. Some of the seediest green, but this guy been sellin the same green for atleast 10 years no joke!! Maybe that's a good sign for the seeds idk, but I know have a free supply of mid seeds whenever needed!!! This will be great to gain some much needed experience before I move up to the high roller strains. Everything seems to be coming together. I grabbed a dub from dude and came up with atleast 7 viable seeds from what the charts say, but I'm only germing 3 of the good seeds and about 5 of the lighter colored questionables. Within 48 hours, 1 seed has opened up I can see the inside so that's a great sign, hopefully by this time tomorrow she will be ready for the soil!!!!

Wish me luck and thanks for reading!!!!

CHEF

I'm back again, ready to start another grow in this journal. This time i'll try to stick to the Grow Journal format as much as possible

Well ok I guess would be called a REDO. Its been a frustrating few months, but a lot has been learned so now it time to put things to use.

What strain? Unknown Schawg bagseed, I'm guessing sativa.
Veg or Flower? 2 day old seedlings.
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor for now.
Soil or Hydro? 50% compost, 30% sand, 20% Vermiculate.
Potsize? 1 quart.
Light size? 2 23W CFL at the moment.
Cab Temp? Averaging 86F for 24 hours, temps will be a bigtime problem at this rate.
RH? Spikes to 72% in the mornings, 24 hour average around 65%, its been raining a lot too.
Pests? Heat and mosquitos
Watering? Haven't watered since seeds were planted.
Nutes? No nutes yet, will be using Sea-90 and compost tea.

20160813_181610.jpg

Well I got 2 seeds to crack on the 12th, I potted them the next day and they both broke ground. Seeds were dark with stripes and marks. The only two out of 7 to germinate in 48 hours, I hope its a good sign.
20160813_181624.jpg
Here is pic of Roxy and Diana on the window sill. Diana broke ground a couple hours after this pic. 2 23w CFLs on them and a small fan.
20160814_202146.jpg
Here they are in their new home. They seem to be doing well with the lights up close and not much stretching going on as far as I can see. Diana broke ground with a dried up membrane trapping the leaves from opening. I pulled at the membrane a bit to loosen it and the leaves popped open with startling force for such a small plant! Both seedling broke ground with their true leaves already formed so I hope that's a great sign for my plants!
20160815_1301181.jpg
Later on I added these reflectors.
20160814_202159.jpg
I can clearly see with these two pics that the reflectors really help focus the light on the plants. I'll be using Arizona Tea cans to upgrade these tomorrow.
Finally got my box atleast adequate for raising the plants and in the meantime I'll be researching my upgrade options. At this rate I know air conditioning will become an issue, but buying an A/C is really an option right now. Other than the two more t5 fixtures I ordered I will not be buying anymore lights until my A/C and humidity situation is resolved. Until then i'll be learning with these new plants. If anyone has any temporary solutions my ears are wide open!!

Wish me luck and thanks for reading!!

CHEF

Hello everyone, just a quick update here!!!

IMAG11576.jpg
Sorry for the poor camera quality its does suck, yes I know. The girls are 1 week old today! Both seem to be doing very well. I can see the 3rd set of true leaves developing on them both. Cotyledons are still nice and green. Not much stretch once I got the lighting situation a little better, but more changes will be made. Here are some decent closeups.
IMAG11592.jpg
IMAG11587.jpg
Both of the girls seem to be much more "fleshy", compared to the other plants seedlings I had a couple months ago. Roxy in the first pic had a much darker green color when her first true leaves came up. Since then she has lightened up. Diana in the second pic has had the same color from day one and now they both have the same light neon green on them and seem to be pretty healthy. I have about 4 other seedlings at various stages, some will staying in the window seal and will be grown outdoors. They both seem to be handling the heat well. Temps are hanging around 90F during the dark cycle, and spike at 94F, and then drop to 86F during the light cycle. Plenty of air exchange from my overkill exhaust fan. Even though RH is usually in the 60-65% range, the fan seems to dry up Roxy's pot faster because of the soil mix. Roxy's soil mix is retain less water than Diana, so she is getting water every 2-3 days and Diana is getting water every 3-4 days, depending on weight of the pot. Both are getting a very small dose of nutes (Sea-90)and seem to be doing well. Next watering, no nutes. Will be alternating nutes between waterings and watching the plants closely to see the response.

I decided to change the lighting config to get better light on the plants.
IMAG11607.jpg
I'm going to try and get 5 sockets in here to give my 10 bulbs with splitters. This will give the plants more light and I can use hanging cfls with soda cans and the T5s for supplemental. I'm hoping this will work well for to plants under 4' tall.

See you soon with an update on the girls and the new lighting scheme.

Thanks for reading!!!

Hello 420 Fam!!!!

Time for a thorough journal update. It's been a busy month, but things are on track. A lot has changed so a list of specs is in order:

Strain: Unknown bag seed, 2x 1 month old plants, 5th day of flowering.
Medium: composted soil (50% compost, 10% worm castings, 40% sandy soil)
Lights: DIY 12x 23w CFL bulb reflector(8-2700k/4-6500k), 2 42w 2700k, 4x 2' T5HO 24w strips (2 bulbs- 6500k/2-3000k) Grow cab is 12 sq ft.
Nutrients: In veg I molasses, but currently flushing after signs of nute burn. For bloom my options are Botanicare Bloom, Xtreme Juice, Sea-90, and molasses. Looking for advice on what would be a good nute regime with these options.
Water: Fresh rainwater or river water
Temps/RH: 84/60 during lights on, 78/70 lights off currently.
Training: Top/FIM, LST. SCROG (attempt lol).
Pests: No pests for now. Had issues early with spider mites but luckily I ran across some valuable information of predatory mites!!! After finding many in my compost bins I added the deal leaves they were munching on to each pot. They seem to have taken care of the spider mites and the slight fungus gnat issue.

IMAG12035.jpg
Here are the plants, the top two will be 1 month old on the 13th, and the smaller is 10 days behind.
IMAG11635.jpg
I decided to top them both at 13 days old. Due to shaky hands, one was topped and the other was fimmed. Both plants responded very well.
IMAG12056.jpg
At the moment I'm counting 9 bud sites on each of the older plants. only 4 on the younger one. My camera sucks so I can only describe what I see. Nice thick main stems, both plants have taken well to the LST training and at this point I have to make minor adjustments every light cycle. I'm hoping to run these colas in a sort of swirl pattern for another week or so and then let them all rise to the net. If i'm doing anything wrong someone let me know.
After using molasses I dealt with what looked like nutrient burn with burnt tips and edges. After a full flush with the rainwater, all three plants have shown much improvement and great growth. Nice green color, not to dark or light.
At this point both the older plants have alternating fan leaves on the newer nodes, but I have not been able to identify the sex of either plant. All I have is a magnifying glass which I can see growth near the stipules with but I can not identify sex.
After studying VPD and referencing the chart, for the most part my temps/rh have been in optimal range pretty consistently. The only evidence I have as a novice is that the plants are doing very well minus my nutrient issues. I'm hoping these guidelines are applicable throughout the rest of the grow. The shed that my box is housed in has poor ventilation.. I installed a 6400 btu window ac and that definitely help with temp and the plants seem to love it. Due to poor ventilation and no insulation I think, I cant seem to get temps down past 75F in the shed and in the box is seems to bottom out at 78F. Thinking of running a small duct to catch cooler air from the window ac and direct that air towards my intake.

Well that's it for now ill be updating soon with progress in flower!!!

Thanks for reading!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

I'm back 420 Family, looks like just in time too lol. :slide:

Well, there was 3, and now there is only one. Out of three good looking plants only one turned out to be a female.
IMAG12228.jpg
Here she is, at 28 days into flower. Its been a wild ride for her but she very resilient. There are some unresolved nutritional issues. She also had some serious wilting when I forgot to turn the exhaust fan back on before the lights came on. She bounced back very well after a good soaking. At this point I'm 100% positive I overfed her. The symptoms I'm seeing are the dark green leaves, clawed or sagging leaf tips, some of the burnt leaf tips are spreading and the leaves are turning copper color and withering. There are also some white spots on some of the leaves also. For the last 2 waters she has gotten nothing but clean rainwater ph between 6.2-6.6. There is some yellowing of leaves at the bottom but nothing unusual for leaves getting no light. If anyone could help me out on a gameplan to improve my chances of a successful grow at this point please chime in.

Other than all of that she seems to be moving along on schedule. She was topped early at the 4th node. I did some decent LST and she responded very well. Wish I would have used a bigger pot with a wider surface area. Unfortunately I needed a narrower pot to fit 3 plants into my space. I flipped them early, at 4 weeks to insure I would have the space for 3 plants under a scrog screen. How plans change so quickly!! We live and we learn.
IMAG12265.jpg

So I made some changes the setup. I got rid of the scrog screen due to me flipping the plant early and being a complete novice in plant training techniques. Here is a couple shots of my handywork.
IMAG12286.jpg
IMAG12274.jpg

On the plus side, as you can see the main stem is thick and bulky enough the support the 12 colas she has. She had 14 but I clipped two to start cuttings. Here they are in the window in cups of aloe water.
IMAG12295.jpg
IMAG12265.jpg
As far as lighting goes, i'm at 42,000 lumens of cfl and t5 lighting. I am considering adding another 10k lumen in bulbs. This would put me at 600 watts of fluorescent lighting. Regardless of the outcome, I'm compelled to explore other lighting options. No experience with a 600w hps but led is not out of the question. I really want something that I can keep in this particular space for a few years. To get a better control on temps I had run a duct from the AC vent to the intake, but the temp flux is out of control and I haven't been able to dial it in just yet. When I set the thermostat to 76-78 the box gets up to 85-86 in the box with lights on because of ambient temps in my shed. When I lower it to 75-74, temps in the box are down to 76-88. Its like a game of cat and mouse. If I kept AC temps at 75-74 when lights got off temps will be 65-66 at the end of the light cycle, with high humidity. I run my lights at night. On the flip side. If I run AC temps at 76-78, by morning when ambient temps are down, the box temps are sometimes back upto 85-86. I could use some help solving this enigma.

Until then I'll be focusing on rooting these clones and making it to harvest.

Thanks for reading!!!:420:

Thanks Benballz,

Out of the 3 plants, the males seem to show first. But keep in mind I didn't have the magnification to see the calyxes on the female either. I only knew it was female when the white hairs shot up from behind the stipules. I saw bulbous growths on the males 4-5 days before I saw the hairs on the girl. That's when I knew the others where male because again I don't have the magnification to verify. In addition, I only vegged these plants for 3 1/2 weeks. After the flip, it took about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks to see sex because I don't think they where mature enough at that point. So i'm not exactly positive what day or week of flower I am in because of that.

Now, I've made a change since the last update.
IMAG12594.jpg

IMAG12476.jpg

Added a Mars Hydro 600w LED panel. My CFL fixture is a work of art, but it had become incredibly frustrating to maneuver around the fixture. I also had issues managing canopy temps. Clamp reflectors everywhere, constant adjustments and adding more lights, trying to raise wattage per square foot as stated endlessly. I had enough.
IMAG12608.jpg
She is doing well, after suffering I was finally forced to buy a ph meter and investigate the issues with her leaves turning copper color and withering away slowly. Sure enough, ph was whacked out for sure. I took a chance and sprinkled some hydrated lime on top of the soil, then watered it in with rainwater. I picked up an analog soil tester before the digital unit arrived. Soil tested to be just above 6.5. I'm sure the lime had some effect. When the digital unit arrived it was just in time to water again. So I used apple cider vinegar to adjust my tap water to 6.6 ph. It was literally 2 drops for 1 gallon of tap water. The tap water tested at 7.8 before the adjustment. I also used some pool/spa ph strips for redundancy and the readings lined up with the digital meter. The tap I pretty consistent at 7.8 so it will be my new water source for the calcium bonus. Rain water has been testing just below 7 and its still will be used at some point. After testing the effect on PH with some of my nutes I discovered where the problem was. BGI Grow and Gain. This stuff dropped ph from 7.8 to 4.53 with a 1/2 tablespoon per gallon. Recommended dose for indoor plants is 1 tablespoon per gallon. I wish I could take this garbage back to Home Depot.
After those experiments I decided not to use anymore nutes until deficiency signs return. Much more important right now to give her ph adjusted water. The runoff after about 2 quarts of water turn was very brown. Seems like a good sign that the extra nutes are clearing and recovery is on the way.
IMAG12574.jpg
On the plus side, I'm not sure if its the new light but her aroma has really kicked in. Its really a captivating scent, somewhere between sweet citrus fruits and fresh mint. With a back tone of just straight GAS. Like putting your nose up against the tail pipe of a forklift. Its something Its an aroma I've never smelled on cannabis in the 20+ years I've been smoking. I still cant believe it came from the bag of straight up schwag I got to run tests with. Can't wait for her to fatten up and stink up the place!!!

Will keep you posted with another update soon, Thanks for reading.

Back
Top Bottom