Mono's Monster 3.0 - One Plant - One Kilo?

:welcome::welcome:

Hello all :)

I figured I would start and maintain this journal as a little side line project whilst I complete a couple of grows in the main flowering tent.

For this grow there will be one plant grown in a 4ft x 4ft tent under a 250 watt hps for veg and an air cooled 600 watt hps for flowering with the main aim to pull as many grams from a single plant as possible.

Lets shoot for the magic kilogram :):)

Strain

Delicious Cotton Candy from Delicious Seeds.

A little about the strain from herbies - ! Delicious Cotton Candy Feminised Seeds - Herbies Seeds

A long time ago, the DELICIOUS SEEDS breeders took up the challenge and set to work in our growrooms. Their objective was to develop a plant with enormous yields without sacrificing any of the organoleptic qualities. This strain combines the sugary sweetness of Caramelo and the more delicate floral flavours of South African Sativas such as Power Plant.

The result is a perfect Sativa type plant that is easy to control and which produces large, foxtail buds and whose leaves take on a metallic lavender hue towards the end of the flowering cycle. Branches out considerably, especially outdoors, where the lower branches can get almost as long as the plantâ€s height, which can triple in size during the flowering phase. Easy to trim owing to the small amount of leaves between the buds.

Gives off a very strong citrussy aroma like grapefruit or lime. Very sweet taste with hints of skunk and cedarwood making it even more earthy and citrussy. The very euphoric effect, which is cerebral and almost impercetible in the body, is almost instantaneous and longlasting. A strain with very high levels of THC, some growers have found it difficult to sleep when they smoke our Cotton Candy.

:volcano-smiley:

The seed was germinated on the 23/05/2016 and broke ground sometime between then and 01/06/16 which we are counting as veg day 1.

That makes her currently 6 weeks into veg

She is growing in Canna Coco using canna coco A and B nutes
Day 1

IMG_2563_1_.JPG

Day 7

IMG_2647_1_.JPG
IMG_2637_1_.JPG

Day 14

At this point in her life she was going to be flowered in a couple more weeks along side the OG Kush. Only later did the decision thankfully get made to do another one plant grow :)
IMG_2675_1_.JPG

Day 21

Round about veg week three she was transplanted up from the 10 litre pot to the 20 litre square tub. And time to begin the training

IMG_2697_1_.JPG
IMG_2722_1_.JPG

Day 28

IMG_2784_1_.JPG
IMG_2792_1_.JPG

Day 35

About a week or so ago I transplanted her further from the 20 litre square tub to the 56 litre fabric pot

IMG_2808_1_.JPG
IMG_2809_1_.JPG

I'd literally just come from voting your plant in the potm, looks like this one might be for a poty then :)

Well thank you very much bud :) I'm hopping this one will have the chance to fill the entire tent.

It's in a 4 x 4 tent under the 250 watt HPS so when it comes time to flower I will just swap over the light rather than moving the plant lol. Hopefully the 250 will be enough to sustain vegetative growth in the big tent :)

subbed ,yep i also love growing biiig plants ( i have that biiig 3 lb 11oz girl buster she covered 3m x 2m)
started out under 1 then added light as her width increased , you wont have any probs with coverage in the 4x4 , going for the big kilo hey ,goodluck mate im glad im in early if you have any large plant related probs you need yo tackle and nees an ear to burn let me know, and id be honoured to have you step by my yard and take a peek ,got some biguns .

peace mono

subbed ,yep i also love growing biiig plants ( i have that biiig 3 lb 11oz girl buster she covered 3m x 2m)
started out under 1 then added light as her width increased , you wont have any probs with coverage in the 4x4 , going for the big kilo hey ,goodluck mate im glad im in early if you have any large plant related probs you need yo tackle and nees an ear to burn let me know, and id be honoured to have you step by my yard and take a peek ,got some biguns .

peace mono

Welcome aboard matey! I've done two big plants over the past year which has been a good learning curve, this time I hope to crack the kilo from a singe 600 watt hps.

Most likely needing a ton of help along the way :)

The last couple of big plants I did struggled with the middle of the plant being taller than the sides. Which obviously isn't a good thing when running the HPS.

This time as a main part of the training I'm going to use the screen which is 3ft x 3ft to keep the centre of the plant at a fixed height until she has reached the outside of the screen.

Once the screen is full, I will take it away and let her grow into 2.5 - 3 ft tall bush before flipping to flowering. Hopefully giving a final plant that is 4ft x 4ft and 4ft tall :)

This is what I am trying to avoid

image4454.jpeg

i saw a plant on here similar and the guy had 2 lights at angles above the plant like a v of sorts.

i just topp or chop if they even try that on me ,this grow im actually going to give less chopping and defol a go ,compare my results etc

i saw a plant on here similar and the guy had 2 lights at angles above the plant like a v of sorts.

i just topp or chop if they even try that on me ,this grow im actually going to give less chopping and defol a go ,compare my results etc

I've found the less I trim the plant the more it produces. For years I was strongly apart of the heavy defoliation club with mixed results. Now I try and remove as little as possible other than cleaning her up before flowering and again around day 28.

I've got time this grow. 600 watt hps is occupied for the next two months so plenty of time to shape her up so it might be a good time to try being a bit rougher again :):)

its just so hard not too !

i want to strip them all but same goes for me ,there was a time when i didnt dp much defol and i think your right it did produce s little more so im trying to sit on my itchy fingers .

that last bit didnt sound right did it lol

The last couple of big plants I did struggled with the middle of the plant being taller than the sides. Which obviously isn't a good thing when running the HPS.

This time as a main part of the training I'm going to use the screen which is 3ft x 3ft to keep the centre of the plant at a fixed height until she has reached the outside of the screen.

Once the screen is full, I will take it away and let her grow into 2.5 - 3 ft tall bush before flipping to flowering. Hopefully giving a final plant that is 4ft x 4ft and 4ft tall :)

This is what I am trying to avoid

image4454.jpeg

You're trying to avoid something I'm sat here dreaming about lol. Damn this should be a fun one :)

Back
Top Bottom