New Time Grower - Long Time Smoker

Ezra Amphora

Well this is a new experience. If I butcher this up I am terribly sorry. If i forgo any vital information please let me know.
So a tab about me. I am a older fellow that has quit smoking cigarettes over a year ago. I have a craving to occasionally smoke from time to time. If I am going to smoke something I might as well get something out of it, as my wife agrees. I am not a social person so getting my medicine is mostly difficult. I thought it would be more beneficial if I were to supply my own. So I probably spent way more than I should have on my accessories but that is just me. If I am going to do something I am going to do it right.
My Set Up:
2x4x5 Foot Mylar Tent (kinda cheap got on ebay)
Soil = Fox Farm Ocean Forest Mix (2 cups FFOF, 2 Cups Seedling Potting Mix, 1 Cup Perlite, 1 Cup Vermiculite)
Lighting = 1 Mars Hydro Reflector 96
Nutrients = RAW GROW, RAW BLOOM
Strain = Quarter Pounder from Canuk Seeds Autoflower feminized (Got Free from North Seed Bank)
Lighting = Starting 24/0 and decrease 1 hour per week. Why? I wanted to back off but didn't want to cause to much stress.

9/16/16 = 1 seed germinated paper towel and ziploc bag method
9/18/16 = Taproot popped, planted in Rapid Rooter
9/20/16 = Started to pop like horseshoe shape, taproot shot out the rapid rooter, planted in 3 gallon smart pot. Watered
9/21/16 = Officially sprouted, light 24/0
9/24/16 = Watered
9/27/16 = Green algae noted on top soil, placed sand cover.

I have a bunch of photos but can't get them to load for some reason. Will try again later.
Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

Cannabis_Day_3_4_01.JPG

Day 11 = I named her Audrey III (thanks to my wife)
To me she is looking excellent.
My only gripe is that she is on her 4th node and only 2 inches tall. I want to LST her but being kinda squat to the ground makes it kind of hard.
DSC_1278_01.JPG
DSC_1273_01.JPG
DSC_12813.JPG
DSC_1280.JPG

Any thoughts or input would be appreciated. Thanks
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

The more compact the better most people will say I imagine, it's not stretched out which is good. I guess you'll have to wait for the vertical stretch.are you topping up your medium as you go? It does look really low to the soil

What method will you use to lst? I usually tape the leaves to the side of my pots but I can see you got fabric ones?

I was planning on taking those black binder clips and lining the rim of the smart pot. All I topped was the sand to stop the algae growth. The first true leaves got burnt at the tips some from laying on the sand. Don't think it's nutrient burn, haven't added any. Rest of her looks great and it's not spreading further down the leaf. Checked her this morning and she is starting to smell real good.

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

Good stuff, the black binder clips would work a treat. The reflector series are really good from what I heard wish I saved a little more. May have to invest in a bit of sand as the pertile I'm using is going green !

Hey there and welcome to 420 Magazine! Subbing up to your journal to watch this quarter pounder grow! Looks like you got the right start on the setup and the grow. If you need any help don't be afraid to ask, there are lots of great people around here to help and a ton of info :) Best of luck

Thanks puregreen, dick23rk, smalltime2. Will be providing a update later this week. She seems to be growing good. Might have slightly over watered yesterday. She's officially 2 weeks old today.
420-magazine-mobile994015368.jpg

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

It's a girl. I found a set of pistils. I know it's supposed to be but nice seeing them. Watered 2 days ago probably could have waited a day or 2. A few leaves were a little droopy yesterday but today all is good. Seems to be suffering from Nute burn but not bad. Thought I diluted the FFOF enough, but guess not. 1st true leaves got burnt about 50% so I cut them off. Started some LSTing to get some of the bigger fan leaves out of the way to make room for more light below. Yesterday was her 2 week birthday. Here's Audrey III on day 15.
420-magazine-mobile165660548.jpg
420-magazine-mobile468803.jpg

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

Lighting = Starting 24/0 and decrease 1 hour per week. Why? I wanted to back off but didn't want to cause to much stress.

:byebye: Hi!

Huh, it's like a diminishing light schedule for autos. Have you read about changes to the light schedule stressing the plants? Why not just keep it at 18/6 or such from seed to harvest? I'm fascinated. Sign me up! *Grabs a chair close to the tent*

Your plants are so big already! :cheer:

Good start...low and compact means they are getting adequate light and it's all good.

Best advice I ever got I will pass along...use half the nutes. A little goes a long way and as long as all the basics are in there the real problems all come from too much. It isn't so much that the bottle-recommended amounts are too high, but nutes have a way of concentrating over time and building up in soil and hydro, keep that in mind.

Good luck!

Peace, Hyena

Back
Top Bottom