Mota's Second Indoor Grow

Mota

While doing my 1st grow, I took clones off 3 mother plants. And since this is the New Year, why not start it off with a bang and a new grow journal.

This is part 2 of Mota's First Indoor Grow - White Widow, Northen Lights & Big Blue

The clones were taken on November 30th, so they are a little over a month old. Out of 16 clones, 2 didn't grow much taller then 4'' and the soil was very very wet, I think he might of overwatered those two, so I tossed them. The other 2 were fairly tall but the branchs were very small. The mother is like that too, very sativa. I don't want to grow a sativa dominant strain at the moment, so I tossed those 2 and the mother.

After trimming the branchs at the bottom of each remaining clone, I set the 5 smallest ones back in the veg closet. I want them to take their time and stretch a tad bit more.

DSCN20041.JPG

I then cleaned the flowering room, set the light at a proper height, set the timer to 18/6 and here we go. (They were under CFLs before today, now I have the 400w HPS over them.)

DSCN2006.JPG

The mothers are autoflowering, so I'll just put them in 12/12 too I suppose
DSCN2008.JPG

I will transplant the clones in 9'' pots tomorrow and start 12/12 a couple days after that.

The shortest are about 8'', tallest about 12'', I am thinking of doing a SOG grow. A friend of mine has chicken wire, I'll try and drop by tomorrow and pick some up. How should I go about placing the chicken wire? I don't like the idea of having one big piece for all the plants. I think I would prefer one piece of wire per plant/pot. Is that possible?

man your grow is looking very good mota, looks liek that buddy of yours came throuh:cheesygrinsmiley: im intrested in this grow since you intend to "scrog" i belive it's called..? ive never seen or am familiar with it. i never knew any of these growing techniques. reps for such lush growth

How should I go about placing the chicken wire? I don't like the idea of having one big piece for all the plants. I think I would prefer one piece of wire per plant/pot. Is that possible?

Lookin' Great Buba ...
Oh hell yeah :cheesygrinsmiley:
just build a frame for each plant if you have room.
I would start with 1.5-2 sqFt size of chicken wire surface per plant.
If they don't get much taller than they are now
and what ever you transplant into will fit.
May need to play with it or have different size frames for different heigth plants and/or pot/container sizes.

man your grow is looking very good mota, looks liek that buddy of yours came throuh:cheesygrinsmiley: im intrested in this grow since you intend to "scrog" i belive it's called..? ive never seen or am familiar with it. i never knew any of these growing techniques. reps for such lush growth

SOG'in or SCROGin' on a perpetual schedule,
It's a lovely Thang :cheesygrinsmiley:

lol keep truckin damago.:cheesygrinsmiley: im guessing that sperate the colas for more light?

Lookin' Great Buba ...
Oh hell yeah :cheesygrinsmiley:
just build a frame for each plant if you have room.
I would start with 1.5-2 sqFt size of chicken wire surface per plant.
If they don't get much taller than they are now
and what ever you transplant into will fit.
May need to play with it or have different size frames for different heigth plants and/or pot/container sizes.

Perfect, thank you for the info.

I transplanted 3 of the nicest looking clones in 9" pots. 3 are still in their 4.5" square pots in the flowering room and 6 are still in the veg room under the CFL. Those 6 didn't have the proper leafs formation yet, instead of the typical 5 or 7 point leaf they only had 3, so I'll give them an other week to veg.

About the scrog, I think I'll scrog grow 4 or 6 in the square pots. I talked to my guy at the hydro shop and he told me that even if they stay in a small pot, as long as I feed them regularly, maybe every day or 2 instead of my regular Mon, Wed, Fri sched, it should be alright. The fact that I scrog them will compensate.. Meaning all buds should be the same nice size, I shouldn't have one fat cola and a bunch of small buds around the bottom.

So if I scrog 4 to 6, I will use one frame. Now I have to build it. I have the wire, now I just need to get some wood pieces to hold it all together and find a way to attach it.

But do you happen to know what I should use to make the individual frames, like how I would go about attaching them to each pot? If I was to use individual frame it would be for the plants transplanted in the large 9" pot, not for the small pots.

Here is the rundown on the nutrients
Veg mother plants, 3 clones in square pots under the 400w HPS and 6 clones under CFL - 3 times a week:
5ml/l Terra Vega
0.5ml/l Rhizo
2.5ml/l Cannzym
Foliar - 2.5ml/l Seatea - every 4-5 days

3 recently transplanted clones in 9" pots - 3 times a week:
4ml/l Rhizo for good healthy root formation
Foliar - 2.5ml/l Seatea - every 4-5 days

I will work on the chicken wire frames this weekend.
Pictures on Monday..!
:smokin:

damn. i enjoyed your last grow. i hope ur scrog method works well. i havent really seen a failed scrog before so i guess you're in luck. +reps for having a green thumb

Tonight the lights went off at 8pm and the 400w HPS will come back on again at 8am. The 12/12 flowering cycle begins!

After trying to figure out what I was going to do, I decided to SCROG. If you wonder why scrog, well, last time I had one 39'' plant that took alot of room... I decided that scrog was the way to go if I was to flower more plants at once..! I think that with the way I have it set up, even though I have all of them under one 400w HPS, I'll be able to move them around so they all get a nice light exposure. And hey, this is a fun, experimental grow, so if it screws up, yeah, I'll be mad..! But it'll be ok, I'll learn from my mistakes and do better the next time around..!:cheesygrinsmiley:

Here are some pics. The whole scrog set up cost me about 6$, so bare with me, it's got a ghetto look, but I think it will get the job done..!
I used 24'' bamboo sticks that I picked up at the local hardware store and I also got a roll of tie-wrap, I thought it would be easier to tie stuff up with that rather then using rope. (And it was!) Then it was just deciding how the hell I would manage to fix the frame onto the pots. I just slowly stuck the sticks into the sides of the pots. Since the 9'' pots had recently been transplanted into, I figured no roots had formed yet to it was safe. When it came to the 4.5'' pots, since the medium was pretty dry (last watering was Friday) I was able to squeese the pot to leave a small gap between the soil and the pot to gently put the bamboo in. So, I'm happy to say, no roots were harmed during the process..!

I made individual screens for the 3 clones that were transplanted in 9'' pots last week. I'm worried that the screen is not big enough to catch all the branchs. Since the bamboo sticks are in the soil, it was hard to me to make a bigger/wider screen. It's 16''x16''. I guess I might just have to guide the branchs into the screen holes.
scrog_0041.jpg

I kept 4 clones in 4.5'' pots, placed them on a white plywood (so I could move it around if I need too and made a larger screen for all 4 to grow into.
scrog_0051.jpg

Here is a family shot
scrog_0032.jpg

Right before the lights went off, they got their 1st flowering feeding
5ml/l Terra Flores
0.5ml/l Rhizo
2.5ml/l Cannazym
and 2.5ml of foliar Seaweed

lol mota very innovative!looking foward to seeing the turn out.

Looks good not sure what the hell SCROG is and what are the benefits???
But the grow looks great and will continue to follow ~~Thanks Mota

This is what a succesful SCroG, or SCreen Of Green looks like on harvest day. A scrog can maximize the use of a small space with a small light. The idea is to place a screen about 8 to 12inches above the tops of the containers and train the plants to grow only the buds through the holes in the screen. You end up with a level canopy with a lot of bud sites if done right.

harvest_day.JPG

By the way....all scrog shots in my gallery and posted by me are from a grower named greenmonster. The man knows scrog and is a expert at it. I just wanted to put that out there. I know there are posts from previous threads that say this but they were a while back and newer growers to the site might think these are my pics.lol

Hey mota....I like your grow room. Pretty ingenious. Don't worry about the look. Once the canopy fills in and it fills with bud it will be beautiful.lol

HHHmmm...I agree. No training of the plants or prefilling of the screen at all? Just 12/12 as soon as they touch the screen? I think I'll pull up a chair to see how this turns out as well.

You know, I was thinking about that too.. I was told by my guy at the hydroshop that once I place the screen over them, to press if down onto the plants and it would be ok to set it to 12/12. But now I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't revert it back to 18/6 and wait for those branchs to grow. But then again, a plant should stretch out quite a bit when it starts to flower right? I'll wait and see. I'll keep it like this for a couple days and decide on Monday. Worst comes to worst, I tossed the scrog and just grow them normaly..!

Back
Top Bottom