First (Closet) Grow, GDP Hermie Seeds!

Kalas

Howdy everyone! This is my absolute first grow. I was given 6 Grandaddy Purple seeds by a friend that found them in a batch of GDP that was grown from female clones. The room size is 8x2x8feet, I'm using a 600w MH/HPS setup, 60/40 FF Ocean Forest/Light Warrior blend, all Foxfarm nutrients and the temp is about 70° F at night and 78-82° F during the day.

01-11-08_0001.jpg

01-11-08_0004.jpg

The mutant... I've been wanting to put this thing out of it's misery for some time now...

01-11-08_0003.jpg

They've all been foliar fed 2-3 times per day with Big Bloom and a dash of Grow Big with a water spraying every 2 days so their pores don't get clogged.
:bongrip:

I would go easy with the foliar this young, stick with straight PH neutral water to clean them and foliar with nutes every 5 days or so. Use the wet/dry cycle to water them.

Nutes should be light, but that second plant looks like it's tips are collapsing from over-watering or nute deficiency. It's not yellow, but watch the nutes in that one. If it starts turning, give it some 4-4-4 or something high in N.

They look really good overall though, nice job! +rep for luck!

Thanks for the input Boss, I'll only foliar feed every 5 days from now on. Talk about perfect timing...

01-12-08_0001.jpg

I flushed them all with 1 gal water/1 tbsp Big Bloom and washed off all the leaves with distilled water, they haven't been foliar fed since yesterday afternoon. I was feeding them with full strength Grow Big 6-4-4 as per the Foxfarm week 2 feeding schedule, is that what it was? I had also transplanted them lower into the soil 1 1/2 days ago because they were falling over from the wind, and they were sitting in water for about 4/5 hours.

8x2x8 ft.? How about some pictures of your set up? Lights? Ventilation? With 8ft to work with, you can have some nice TALL ladies!

How old are your plants? I'm far from an expert, but I think you might be giving your plants too many nutes. It's very easy to over feed them when they're young.

You're gonna have to be patient bro, especially with purple plants! I'm sure the reward will be amazing! Good luck man +rep

With seedlings it is important that I watch thier color and shape, light and dark disposition, all that stuff. Just by seeing the color and texture of the foliage I can see what they need. If they are looking very good from 2 weeks in, I will go 1/2 str nutes or less. In three days, I can usually tell if they liked it, or not. If they did, they get 1/2 strength again in 5 days, then after about 3 weeks I will try full. But my fullstrength for the little ones is only 4/4/4 and i added nitrogen in the soil with worm castings.

Watering is a steady thing, wet/dry.

It's a great start man! You got a lot of this down :)

plants look good besides the noted nute dificiancy. mayeb you'll get lucky during flowering and you'll get striaght girls! goodl uc kwit hthe girl bro.

Thanks for all the tips guys! The plants are about 15 days old now, I'll be laying off the 6-4-4 for now and introduce it again at 1/2 strength when it's time. Some pics of the closet...

420mag1.jpg

420mag2.jpg

420mag3.jpg

420mag4.jpg

Before I got the light it(closet) was sectioned in half with a long continuous shelf at the top and middle shelf on the right side which I yanked out very cautiously to be put back in case we ever move, etc. The only ventilation I have for now is my room window being open close to 24/7, that floor fan blowing air into the room only when the lights are on and a fan inside blowing 24/7. I plan to get a 4" 180+ cfm inline fan/scrubber combo real soon because the temps are barely staying in the low 80's with all that hot air just being recirculated right back into my room.

I'm beat. Have a good night and great smoke everyone.:bongrip::sleep:

nice little set up you got there man. how much was the lighting?

:cheesygrinsmiley:Thanks Filla, I paid $276 including shipping for the 600w Digital Greenhouse ballast, reflector, Agromax 95,000 lumen HPS bulb, Growbright 72,000 lumen MH conversion bulb, 15' socket cord set, and Sunrise Hi/Low hangers. There's a base price of $199 for this set without the MH conversion bulb (which you can add to your order as an extra cost option at $49.00) and the shipping from Pennsylvania to California was about $25. I was supposed to receive the Growbright HPS bulb but they were out of stock so they sent me the Agromax instead which is $30 more at no cost to me. The guys at HTGSupply are on top of their game with prices and are extremely helpful, accurate and quick getting your stuff out to you.
The plants are looking good, yellow is fading slowly and green lushery is resuming! Subtle purple hues are starting to peek out in the leaves now instead of just the stems.

:cheesygrinsmiley:Thanks Filla, I paid $276 including shipping for the 600w Digital Greenhouse ballast, reflector, Agromax 95,000 lumen HPS bulb, Growbright 72,000 lumen MH conversion bulb, 15' socket cord set, and Sunrise Hi/Low hangers. There's a base price of $199 for this set without the MH conversion bulb (which you can add to your order as an extra cost option at $49.00) and the shipping from Pennsylvania to California was about $25. I was supposed to receive the Growbright HPS bulb but they were out of stock so they sent me the Agromax instead which is $30 more at no cost to me. The guys at HTGSupply are on top of their game with prices and are extremely helpful, accurate and quick getting your stuff out to you.
The plants are looking good, yellow is fading slowly and green lushery is resuming! Subtle purple hues are starting to peek out in the leaves now instead of just the stems.

bro that is a magnificant deal. 276 for all that? idk i seen an mh/hps conversion ballast set up that ran for about a grand. im so suprised to se see tha prcie good for you man!

HTGSupply is where I got my 400w set up. There service is super fast and have some great deals.

I picked up a few more sacks of Granddaddy over the last couple weeks and up popped some more random seeds...

420mag_1-23-08_035.jpg

The plants are coming along nicely, although I had to kill one late last week because it stopped growing at about the 4th internode. I collected some rainwater tonight so I'll be spraying the leaves with that for a while.

420mag_1-23-08_028.jpg

420mag_1-23-08_025.jpg

420mag_1-23-08_005.jpg

420mag_1-23-08_006.jpg

Is this normal?

420magazine_1-29-08_002.jpg

420magazine_1-29-08_001.jpg

You can see the left-side leaf on this plant is also behind in growth, just not as bad as the above plant.

420magazine_1-29-08_005.jpg

Thanks, I've been reading the FAQ's and the only thing I can think of is maybe either genetics or some type of build-up in the root system? When I transplanted them into their new larger pots I just kept feeding them full strength Big Bloom @ 2 Tbsp/gallon & Grow Big @ 3 tsp/gallon, even though I now realize there was an abundance of the same nutrients found in Big Bloom already in the extra soil mixture that was added to the pots.
Maybe a good flushing is in order?

Back
Top Bottom